PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Slow Rolling Permits?

spencerhut
01-03-2012, 9:17 AM
Did anyone get their 2012 Hi-Cap permit from the DOJ? We sent our renewal in as soon as we got it back in beginning of November and it expired 12/31. From what I understand a whole bunch of the permits did not get renewed on time and it would appear the person who does the permits is returning from vacation today.

glockman19
01-03-2012, 9:36 AM
?...High capacity permit?

....sorry didn't see it was in teh FFL Forum.

ke6guj
01-03-2012, 9:40 AM
?...High capacity permit?
yes, so that they can import large-cap mags.

12020(b)(26) The importation into this state of, or sale of, any large-capacity magazine by a person who has been issued a permit to engage in those activities pursuant to Section 12079, when those activities are in accordance with the terms and conditions of that permit.

spencerhut
01-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Talked to the DOJ. They are aware all the permits expired on 12/31 and the one person working the Hi-Cap permits is working as fast as she can.

The person I spoke to also stated the permits are not expired since we have 30-Day grace period from expiration.

PlacerTactical
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Talked to the DOJ. They are aware all the permits expired on 12/31 and the one person working the Hi-Cap permits is working as fast as she can.

The person I spoke to also stated the permits are not expired since we have 30-Day grace period from expiration.

I got mine already. Don't know about a grace period though, some distributors won't ship until they have a copy of a valid one.

spencerhut
01-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Don't know about a grace period though, some distributors won't ship until they have a copy of a valid one.

Correct.

SEABUG32
01-03-2012, 6:44 PM
Got both mine back in a week,I guess I got lucky!

spencerhut
01-03-2012, 7:13 PM
Got both mine back in a week,I guess I got lucky!

We put in a call to the DOJ to see if it was lost in the mail or something. No call back yet of course.

EBR Works
01-03-2012, 8:05 PM
Got ours within about 2 weeks.

kemasa
01-03-2012, 8:26 PM
I have had mine for quite some time. I guess it helps to send the forms back right away.

As to the grace period, I don't know if that is official or not, but I doubt that most know about any grace period at all.

spencerhut
01-04-2012, 5:51 AM
I have had mine for quite some time. I guess it helps to send the forms back right away.

As to the grace period, I don't know if that is official or not, but I doubt that most know about any grace period at all.

Ours was turned around the same day on my end. We'll call DOJ again today and see if the check was cashed. Might just be a US Mail issue.

I got the impression from the vendor that called me yesterday morning that none of the "Hi-Cap" permits had been renewed, obviously that was a bit of an exaggeration.

tenpercentfirearms
01-04-2012, 7:24 AM
I got mine turned around fairly early for me standards, still haven't seen it in the mail.

I also put my third partner who isn't on the CFD list on the large capacity magazine permit. Let's see what they do about it.

kemasa
01-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I checked my permit again, just to make sure I was not mistaken, and the dates do say 2012. I received it on 22-Dec-2011, based on when I scanned it in.

Has anyone else received their high-cap permit?

Dingoguns
01-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Being new to the business, I applied for my initial permit the first week of December... and got it back within 2 weeks.

Just lucky I guess!:D