PDA

View Full Version : bullet button

neomedic
03-12-2007, 7:19 PM
has anyone tried to take one off....I just put it on and it really tight...
just wondering if i want to switch back to a prince50...how do i do it?

Also...once the aluminum nut stops turning due to it reaching the mag catch stud, the instruction says to use a jewelers screwdriver to continue to turn the nut...but I'm having trouble turning it..the aluminum is so soft that it bends/screwdriver digs into it and does not turn.

right now...its just tight enought that the mag catch barely does not roate out of the gate on the left side of the rifle when I depress the mag catch fully with a bullet.

Is that tight enough???

Loner
03-12-2007, 7:32 PM
I was wondering the same when I installed mine this weekend, how hard would it be to remove.

alpha_romeo_XV
03-12-2007, 7:41 PM
I just removed one to swap to a different lower yesterday. I used a delrin punch to knock it out opposite way it went in, took about 4 or 5 good taps on the punch then wiggled it out the rest of the way.
On tightening the nut, too far is when the mag catch goes past the lower body when the button is pushed in.

swhatb
03-12-2007, 8:19 PM
what's a jewelers screwdriver?

hi_desert
03-12-2007, 8:23 PM
I was able to get the aluminum sleeve screwed down all the way to the bottom with a jewelers screwdriver as recommended. One benefit is that it makes the spring nice and tight for the release mechanism.

I was actually wondering if anyone out there has shaved down the overall height of the bullet button. Mine sticks out just a hair over 5/16 of an inch (quite a bit in my opinion), and it looks like I can safely take it down a little without coming close to the inner button. I'm fairly sure I've got it installed all the way down to the lower, carefully used a C-clamp to squeeze it in. Is the length just an extra safety measure for our own benefit.

SemiAutoSam
03-12-2007, 8:36 PM
I have been working on my own design that is flush to the receiver but its still in development at the moment I only have a prototype. coming up with the internal parts is the hard part for me as some of the internals are outsourced to a local shop that has a CNC Lathe and screw machine.

I don't have a CNC lathe yet.

But I do have a nice little Jig to mod the catches.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/ModJig1.jpg

I was able to get the aluminum sleeve screwed down all the way to the bottom with a jewelers screwdriver as recommended. One benefit is that it makes the spring nice and tight for the release mechanism.

I was actually wondering if anyone out there has shaved down the overall height of the bullet button. Mine sticks out just a hair over 5/16 of an inch (quite a bit in my opinion), and it looks like I can safely take it down a little without coming close to the inner button. I'm fairly sure I've got it installed all the way down to the lower, carefully used a C-clamp to squeeze it in. Is length just an extra safety measure for our own benefit.

Fjold
03-12-2007, 8:41 PM
Through the hole on the backside place a small punch or screwdriver against the inside of edge of the insert and tap it out, alternating from one side to another.

As far as screwing it down all the way, screw it down with a regular screwdriver and then take a jeweler's screwdriver (small screwdriver that you use for eye glasses etc.) and catch one of the notches and push it around in the tight direction. Mine rotated easily enough to go below the top level of the catch.

Yes the insert does stick out high. I thought mine was too high and I ruined the insert trying to put it in further. I think that it should stick out that far as insurance that you can't reach the button with a fingernail.

Prince50
03-12-2007, 9:02 PM
Yes the BB sticks out as insurance. To make it shorter, meant shortening the mag catch. Yes it can be done, but this seems to be working.

The nut should be flush with the end of the mag catch down in the BULLET-BUTTON.

Yes it can be removed. The above method works great, as does using a rod and wigling from the right side.

Thanks,

Darin