PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing and Selling question

center_x
01-01-2012, 7:57 PM
If I buy several lowers and upgrade them for resale, will I be legal as long as I use a dealer or complete all the private party transfer papers?

Thank you for your time.

BannedinBritain
01-01-2012, 8:17 PM
If I buy several lowers and upgrade them for resale, will I be legal as long as I use a dealer or complete all the private party transfer papers?

Thank you for your time.

Depending on how many "several" is, you could do that using a dealer for a private party transfer. Too many and you would be wading into the murky waters of both "manufacturing" and "dealing" firearms.

tenpercentfirearms
01-02-2012, 7:05 AM

Thank you for your time.

Whether it is legal or not, no one in a position of authority cares. Just do it.

center_x
01-02-2012, 3:39 PM
Thanks guys. I wouldn't do more that ten. Just looking for a way to fund a project.

GoingQuiet
01-02-2012, 5:33 PM

Thank you for your time.

Repetitive purchase of firearms for resale and profit requires an FFL.

That having been said, if you never take delivery from the FFL, you have not purchased a firearm.