PDA

View Full Version : LEO Discounts for AR-15 uppers/lowers/middlers/tactical coffee grinder bayonets...

radioactivelego
03-12-2007, 5:29 PM
I have a friend who works the slammer for San Diego SD. He is interested in an OLL and, even though he's willing to blow major bucks on LMT/RRA top-of-the-line, I was wondering if there were any dealers or distributors that gave LEO discounts.

JeepRescueService14
03-12-2007, 5:38 PM
Not to pirate the post, but are there any dealers that give construction worker discounts?

pnkssbtz
03-12-2007, 5:40 PM
What about dealers that give Printer and/or Student discounts?

kantstudien
03-12-2007, 5:53 PM
How about pimp or crackho discounts?

damon1272
03-12-2007, 5:57 PM
Last time I checked LEO's were still civilians, or are they in a higher class than the rest of us?

SkyStorm82
03-12-2007, 6:44 PM
Last time I checked LEO's were still civilians, or are they in a higher class than the rest of us?

Who said anything about being in a higher class???

Knott's Berry Farm let me in free because I'm a veteren. When I was in college, I could use my school ID to get a discount at places such as movie theaters. I get things at cost at a certain online store because of my girlfriend. (yes the boss knows)

I've had many other discounts at various places because of who I am, were, or know...and I'm no one special.

I'm sure construction workers get access to discounts on job related stuff not normally extended to joe blow going to Home Depot.

Pimps probably don't have to pay should they decide they want to get some from the women they pimp. Crackho's either get free bullets when they break into the wrong house or free housing, medical, and food when they end up in jail.

LEO's aren't the only ones who get discounts.

pnkssbtz
03-12-2007, 7:01 PM

Knott's Berry Farm let me in free because I'm a veteren. When I was in college, I could use my school ID to get a discount at places such as movie theaters. I get things at cost at a certain online store because of my girlfriend. (yes the boss knows)

I've had many other discounts at various places because of who I am, were, or know...and I'm no one special.

I'm sure construction workers get access to discounts on job related stuff not normally extended to joe blow going to Home Depot.

Pimps probably don't have to pay should they decide they want to get some from the women they pimp. Crackho's either get free bullets when they break into the wrong house or free housing, medical, and food when they end up in jail.

Um... what about us printers....:(

mltrading
03-12-2007, 7:05 PM
I only give discount to returning customers.:D

Dump1567
03-12-2007, 7:30 PM
http://www.rainierarms.com/
&
www.brownells.com give MIL/LE discounts.

damon1272
03-12-2007, 7:46 PM

My point being that LEO's are public service employees not military. They are civilians like you and me. Because I work public sector should I get a discount? I think not. Do I spend more on one hunting trip in ammo and supplies than most LEO's do in a few years? I think so. Though they do a good job I just don't think they should be held to the same honor as our veterans. Now if your LEO's and a veteran, great. Discount away.

Jicko
03-12-2007, 8:11 PM
Do LEO get discount on speeding tickets? If so.... maybe I'll go try out the PD.....

homerm14
03-12-2007, 8:41 PM
My point being that LEO's are public service employees not military. They are civilians like you and me. Because I work public sector should I get a discount? I think not. Do I spend more on one hunting trip in ammo and supplies than most LEO's do in a few years? I think so. Though they do a good job I just don't think they should be held to the same honor as our veterans. Now if your LEO's and a veteran, great. Discount away.

I'm an LEO and a Veteran. I've been shot at doing both don't discount what LEO's do for a living. I think the saying goes something like " until you've walked a mile in my shoes". I don't ask for discounts but I and all my brother and sister Officers put their ***'s on the line to protect "civilians" so maybe a little respect would be nice. By the way I spend plenty of money (without discounts) on hunting trip ammo and supplies.

slick_711
03-12-2007, 8:45 PM
http://www.rainierarms.com/
&
www.brownells.com give MIL/LE discounts.

+1 on Brownells, they give MIL/LE discount, you end up paying the exact same rate a gun shop would pay when ordering from them. Call them and have them send you/your friend a catalog.

Dump1567
03-12-2007, 8:58 PM
I'm an LEO and a Veteran. I've been shot at doing both don't discount what LEO's do for a living. I think the saying goes something like " until you've walked a mile in my shoes". I don't ask for discounts but I and all my brother and sister Officers put their ***'s on the line to protect "civilians" so maybe a little respect would be nice. By the way I spend plenty of money (without discounts) on hunting trip ammo and supplies.

Well said.;)

damon1272
03-12-2007, 9:05 PM

Plenty of respect for the job officers do. They deal with the dregs of society every day. Maybe you should reread what I posted. I just don't care for the special status afforded them as if the were veterans alone. At the end of the day though law enforcement is a job. Not all LEO's are the same but the perks that come with the job that I get tickets for is BS. Tinted windows, registering with the DMV for, if and when they get pulled over, and the brass pass. I have seen it (abused) many times with my LEO friends. The last time I checked though they were supposed to go by the same laws as everyone else. Sorry you took it personally but the comments were not directed at you as you were not asking for discounts, and thanks for your service.

ask80
03-12-2007, 9:23 PM
just remember LEOs didn't make up those BS laws (eg. tinted windows) ... so you should blame the lawmakers. yes LEOs are held to a higher standards and yes they still have to obey the laws. some officers, like CHPs, don't care and will give officers tickets. if something happends to cops, it makes headline news ... (eg. Irvine officer jerks off on driver, etc)

homerm14
03-12-2007, 9:35 PM
Plenty of respect for the job officers do. They deal with the dregs of society every day. Maybe you should reread what I posted. I just don't care for the special status afforded them as if the were veterans alone. At the end of the day though law enforcement is a job. Not all LEO's are the same but the perks that come with the job that I get tickets for is BS. Tinted windows, registering with the DMV for, if and when they get pulled over, and the brass pass. I have seen it (abused) many times with my LEO friends. The last time I checked though they were supposed to go by the same laws as everyone else. Sorry you took it personally but the comments were not directed at you as you were not asking for discounts, and thanks for your service.

You're welcome,
I don't take it personally and I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone. The reason I go to this site is to hear peoples opinions. I agree with you, Cops do get away with some things however are held to a higher standard in regards to others. Discounts is one of those things that gets me going. People always assume we get free food, free coffee, and anything we want. Maybe in the good old days, but not any more. By the way not every one gets a ticket, I have let plenty of people go with a warning and don't think I've ever given someone with a VFW card a ticket. The way I see it is Cops are people too some good some bad. Some people want the job for the wrong reasons. I'm not mad at you personally, just throwing in my 2 cents.

damon1272
03-12-2007, 9:40 PM
You're welcome,
I don't take it personally and I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone. The reason I go to this site is to hear peoples opinions. I agree with you, Cops do get away with some things however are held to a higher standard in regards to others. Discounts is one of those things that gets me going. People always assume we get free food, free coffee, and anything we want. Maybe in the good old days, but not any more. By the way not every one gets a ticket, I have let plenty of people go with a warning and don't think I've ever given someone with a VFW card a ticket. The way I see it is Cops are people too some good some bad. Some people want the job for the wrong reasons. I'm not mad at you personally, just throwing in my 2 cents.

Agreed.:)

xenophobe
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
If he can get a letter to register, tell him to get a Colt or a LMT.

ask80
03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
SDSO will never allow personal purchase of ARs, esp a court/detention deputy. what would be his motive of purchasing a colt/bushmaster AR? you can't use it in the jails and you're not patrol deputy. i doubt a Captain would sign off to this. but try anyways

DedEye
03-12-2007, 11:52 PM
I give a 50% discount to students for my computer consulting business, and a 10% discount for active duty military/LEO.

gunrun45
03-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I have a friend who works the slammer for San Diego SD. He is interested in an OLL and, even though he's willing to blow major bucks on LMT/RRA top-of-the-line, I was wondering if there were any dealers or distributors that gave LEO discounts.

Most do in my experience.
Ethics however limit the use of this for duty purposes only...

radioactivelego
03-13-2007, 2:51 AM
SDSO will never allow personal purchase of ARs, esp a court/detention deputy. what would be his motive of purchasing a colt/bushmaster AR? you can't use it in the jails and you're not patrol deputy. i doubt a Captain would sign off to this. but try anywaysThis would be an OLL and he is planning on hitting up Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, etc. He works his butt off, but he does like to travel on his days off.
Most do in my experience.
Ethics however limit the use of this for duty purposes only...This is actually for off-duty practice and training for SWAT. :)