PDA

View Full Version : 9mm purchace

zorkieo
03-12-2007, 5:04 PM
well i appretiate all the good feedback from the 9mm favorates posts. i am getting close to purchacing a 9mm target gun, and i cant decide between the cz75, browning Hi-power/Mark III, and sig p226. i just want the one that will shoot better then me for the next 30 years. everyone says they are all accurate, but something draws me to the sig p226, and i have heard its the most accurate (in the price range) and that is what i care about most in any target gun. please use this thread to sway me in another dirction or just tell me i am making a good choice with the p226

leelaw
03-12-2007, 5:11 PM
My Sig is one of the most accurate 9mms I own (ousted only by the P7M8).

I've drooled over a CZ75 for a while, as it just fits in my hand, so I finally have an SP-01 with evil baby-killing tac-block/bayonet coming reeeeeeally soon.

I'll give you a direct CZ/Sig comparison once it's here in a couple weeks. In the meantime, I didn't like the Hi Powers I've felt. The trigger felt gritty and with an uneven pull.

zorkieo
03-12-2007, 5:13 PM
yah i forgot to ask. is it true that the cz trigger is much lighter then the hi-power? i have heard there accuracy is comprable but not that of the sig 226

asintado
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I would go for the CZ mainly because the DA feels much better as opposed to the Hi-Power. Also the CZ has a beavertail grip unlike the Hi-Power which if held wrong can bite you. As for the Sig, its a great gun but I believe you can get the same performance from a more affordable gun (CZ). I've shot the CZ and it has always been on the gun to get list but deals or other interests keep popping up. You can't go wrong with any of your choices, all of them are excellent and fun range guns but I believe the CZ is the best bang for the buck.

kilword
03-13-2007, 1:29 AM
cz75 for sure!!!!!
i have the sp01 and love every bit of it.

Pryde
03-13-2007, 2:03 AM
I prefer the SA of the high power.

Most DA/SA guns (like the CZ) have mushy single action triggers. If you remove the magazine safety on the High power, the single action trigger is very crisp albiet a bit on the heavy side compared to a 1911.

The high power is a fantastic pistol that has been in service with the british army since WW2 and still going strong today.

jlmurphy
03-13-2007, 7:38 AM
I have a HP, it was my first John Browning design, and I must say the ergonomics are fantastic, that being said, it is not a target pistol. The fixed front barrel bushing, the roundabout trigger linkage, the mag safety all are compromises. I could never get mine to shoot half as well as my 1911 .45's. I did build a 1911 9mm, and it really shoots!. I don't have any experience with the other two pistols.

Franksremote
03-13-2007, 11:37 AM
cz75 for sure!!!!!
i have the sp01 and love every bit of it.

+1 the CZs lower reciprocating mass makes for much less perceived recoil. Not to mention that it shoots straight.

mike100
03-13-2007, 11:46 AM
the Sigs have excellent factory triggers in SA mode...hence their accuracy. other pistols, with trigger work become great shooters as well, just not out of the box.

kilword
03-13-2007, 12:00 PM
cz75 trigger out of the box is a little ehh but the rest of the gun makes up for it.
trigger job makes to gun more then perfect.

I do trigger jobs on CZ75's if your local at all
east bay area.
Dont do full race trigger jobs (1-2lbs)
I would suggest sending your gun to angus of team CZ-USA for that
But I make it alot nicer then it is from out of the box.

mike100
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM
My biggest attraction to the cz 75 is the safety is pretty much the same as a 1911, but reliable and inexpensive. The old adage " Beware of the man with one gun" isn't compromised when you keep your collection compatible manual-of-arms wise. It wasn't because it was the best.

oghl888
03-14-2007, 11:14 AM
cz75 trigger out of the box is a little ehh but the rest of the gun makes up for it.
trigger job makes to gun more then perfect.

I do trigger jobs on CZ75's if your local at all
east bay area.
Dont do full race trigger jobs (1-2lbs)
I would suggest sending your gun to angus of team CZ-USA for that
But I make it alot nicer then it is from out of the box.

I may need your help on my CZ75 and P-01. What type of trigger job do you offer? What is the cost and how do you deal with the supposed soft sear from the factory?

kilword
03-14-2007, 12:16 PM
pm'd

pepsi2451
03-14-2007, 1:34 PM
I have only shot the sig, but I am extremely happy with my p226.

RT13
03-14-2007, 11:51 PM
P226 9mm. When you shoot one that you own, you will understand.