PDA

View Full Version : 01 FFL ???

the707kid
01-01-2012, 4:36 PM
I have a question on the section of the app where they ask for landlord info.
1- Am I required to get anything in writing from landlord?
2- Am I required to notify landlord (there is nothing in contract about firearms or business)?
3- Does ATF contact landlord? If so does landlord have to acknowledge letter or "sign off" for application to be processed.

Now some background I rent from a "trust" and I don't think the old lady would care about a FFL at my rented home. About a year + ago I was asked by the daughter to send rent made out to mom still but send it to her since her mom kept loosing peoples checks and she makes deposits. The old lady was getting very forgetful. If I put the name and address on application I should put moms address (I think) that's the actual owner and address on my contract. I have reservations about daughter, she lives in Berkley and she does not strike me as a supporter of the 2nd! I am hesitant to even bring up to her. The old lady "mom" lives about 6 blocks from me daughter lives 2 hours from me. Please give me some input on my dilemma.

Thanks in advance guys/gals

the707kid
01-01-2012, 4:37 PM
Let me clarify by section of app I am referring to the section of ATF/FFL application.

the707kid
01-01-2012, 4:43 PM
One more thing, I have had an 03C&R since I moved in without problems or getting anyone involved I'm my personal collecting business. The mailman/FedEx/UPS guys have a good idea of what goes on in my house :) . May be irrelevant to question above but I thought I would mention it.

I also am planning on doing mostly gunsmith work but would make a sale if needed.

Sorry about the multiple posts I am new and just noticed I could have edited original post.

Cokebottle
01-01-2012, 5:09 PM
I do not believe you will be issued the 01FFL without already having the proper business licenses, and I don't believe you can obtain those without your landlord being made aware of your business activities.

Also, think twice before doing this unless your business-use portion of the home is completely separate and partitioned off from the living areas.

As an 03, we are not subject to "surprise" visits by an auditor. They might show at the door, but we retain our full 4A and have the right to have the audit take place at the BATFE field office.
As an 01, that all goes away. The address listed as your place of business if subject to BATFE/DOJ inspection without notice at any time listed under your business hours.

the707kid
01-01-2012, 7:08 PM
Thanks for the reply cokebottle, valid points, I really have nothing to fear about them coming in house, as for local business license? Good question I plan on going by city hall tomorrow, as for local law enforcement I have known the chief for 20 years. I was an explorer long ago and spent many hours riding with him. I don't see an issue there but you never know!

echoarms
01-04-2012, 2:49 PM
Any other relevant answers to this? I am in a very similar position. I will be able to get my business license without problem, just curious is the ATF will contact my landlord.