PDA

View Full Version : Whoo Hooo, just picked up a SKS para

50 Freak
03-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I had one a long time ago I bought from Turners back when they were $79.99 (para) and $69.99 (standard).

Gave the SKS para to a buddy as a gift and due to the whole DOJ SKS snafu. My buddy was told all SKS's were illegal in CA.

He turned his in during a buy back program and walked off with $200 cash. Good on his part, but it always broke my heart thinking about that poor para going to some furnace somewhere.

Well, I found a para that was reasonablely priced and bought a para again.

I've been out of the SKS market for a while, who makes a good stock and a scope mount for them? I'm actually thinking of using this para as my "trunk" gun.

JesseXXX
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Para...? You mean a M59 buddy...?

thefinger
03-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Para...? You mean a M59 buddy...?

I assumed he meant chinese paratrooper... pretty sweet little piece.

50 Freak
03-12-2007, 1:33 PM
Yeah, I mean the 16 inch barreled Chinese SKS's.

Well balanced guns, super reliable and chromed lined barrel. Never really shot mine for accuracy, but I used to shoot those orange clay skeet targets at 50-75 yards consistantly.

bwiese
03-12-2007, 1:48 PM
Too bad you can't use detachable magazines with this, unlike the Yugos.

Sydwaiz
03-12-2007, 2:07 PM
Nice. I got mine from Turner's way back when too. I have a Montecarlo stock on it right now but am refinishing the original stock to go back to instead. I never shoot it for some reason. I do like it though. It was a good investment!

proraptor
03-12-2007, 2:27 PM
I love SKS's....Congrats on the find and purchase

50 Freak
03-12-2007, 2:44 PM
Too bad you can't use detachable magazines with this, unlike the Yugos.

If I wanted a 30 round detachable, I'd use my registered Mak-90. I think a SKS is just that. A 10 round non-detachable bury in mud/throw in the back of the truck kind of gun.

Sides Bill, I know what you're saying about the Yugo's not being an "SKS" and hence can take a detachable. But you're average LE pulling you over will not know the finer complexitities of our wonderful wacky world of gun laws. To them, it's a SKS that has been illegally modified to take 30 rounders. A big no no legally and they'll bust me and let me spend the next 10-20K to prove them wrong. What do they have to lose.....Me...Jail time, lost job, 10-20K in legal fees.

I'll pass thanks..

Q
03-12-2007, 3:28 PM
I've been out of the SKS market for a while, who makes a good stock and a scope mount for them? I'm actually thinking of using this para as my "trunk" gun.

choate sidefolder. chinese red fiberglass. ramline monte carlo.

!@#$
03-12-2007, 5:31 PM
butler creek is my fav but the choate stock is nice too. don't waste the money on the ramline or ati stocks.

JesseXXX
03-12-2007, 6:46 PM
I just got a beautiful Yugo 60's M59 at my job (Turners):D