PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest news on Monsterman AK grips?

GeneralBacardi
03-12-2007, 9:25 AM
(The new and improved ones - i.e. the MMG-AR grips w/ adapter)
Are they going to be ready soon? Which vendors will be getting them first? I need one yesterday!

///D
03-12-2007, 9:39 AM
(The new and improved ones - i.e. the MMG-AR grips w/ adapter)
Are they going to be ready soon? Which vendors will be getting them first? I need one yesterday!

Last I heard he should have the adapters this week. Production maybe a 2-3 weeks. On the other hand, we can buy the adapters now and modify the existing MMG from the AR easily w/ a dremmel. That's what I plan on doing...I need a couple myself.

MonsterMan
03-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Here is what I think is going to happen. I have ordered 100 of the adapters to start with. I am going to modify 100 MMG-AR's to be turned into MMG-AK's. If you order the MMG-AK, you get the adapter/washer/screw free. If you want to substitute the cut AK for a non-cut AR (you want to cut it yourself) you can ask Wes or Michelle.

Here is the thing, if you want the adapter by itself, Wes will have them available for $8.00. I am going to stick to just selling the grip/adapter combo and not deal with the selling of the individual adapters. I am not a store, I just make a product. If you want the MMG-AK, it comes with the stuff, if you want just the adapter, than you can get it from Wes.

I hope everyone is OK with that. I am trying to make my life as easy as possible.

The adapters should be here this week sometime and when they are, I will ship them up to Wes so he can start selling them.

Thanks

GeneralBacardi
03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Wes is the ten percent firearms guy, right?

MonsterMan
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Wes is the ten percent firearms guy, right?

Yep. I guess I should have clarified that. :)

SunriseF150
03-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I'll get the whole kit when it's ready. I love the new MM grip on my AR. Feels so great.

GeneralBacardi
03-20-2007, 10:45 AM
The adapters should be here this week sometime and when they are, I will ship them up to Wes so he can start selling them.
Thanks

are they here yet? are they here yet? are they here yet?

MonsterMan
03-20-2007, 2:49 PM
Wes at Ten Percent Firearms should have the adapters now. As of right now, you can order a MMG-AK "un-trimmed". It is basically a MMG-AR with the adapter/screw/washer combo. You have to trim it yourself. I am very very busy at work right now and I haven't had a break from it to get to the garage and trim them down.

I actually recommend that your trim it yourself anyways to get the best fit to your rifle. I sent one to someone for a test and there was a slight gap between the grip and his stock. Ak's are not as precise as AR's and the imperfection makes it hard to make a adaptable grip to fit perfectly.

I will pre-trim a bunch and get them to the stores, but as of right now, the adapters are at Ten Percent Firearms and you can get them there. It will be a week or so before I have time to trim up a bunch of grips.

Thanks

grammaton76
03-20-2007, 3:44 PM
I actually recommend that your trim it yourself anyways to get the best fit to your rifle. I sent one to someone for a test and there was a slight gap between the grip and his stock. Ak's are not as precise as AR's and the imperfection makes it hard to make a adaptable grip to fit perfectly.

As the test guy, I'll definitely concur that you'll get your best fit by trimming it yourself. I haven't posted any pics because folks would probably nitpick about the gap that my rifle shows on a 1965 Romanian parts kit...

ghost
03-20-2007, 6:31 PM
i just got mine yesterday from monsterman,he dremeled the grip for me and sent the adapter/screw,washer.cant wait to put it on and post pics.thanks monsterman!