PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a Tokyo Mauri airsfot rifle? (Colt M4)

NeoWeird
03-11-2007, 9:03 PM
Just curious if there was any interest in a Tokyo Mauri M4. It was imported by me (had to go through customs and everything) back before things got really tight. It's one of the nicer old fashioned ones with Colt roll markings, as far as I can tell REAL M-16 parts (I swear they chopped the top off some mags and slide in plastic adapters since the floorplates are government contract floorplate as far as I can tell the FSB looks and feels real and the carry handle works on my M4gery better than a friends true AR carry handle). It also comes with the pink plastic flash suppressor and the original metal flash suppresor, battery charger, a couple mags, Knight's Armament mock suppresor, the original box and all original paperwork (which I bleive is in AWFUL English and Korean). Might have some other accessories like a speed loader, etc.

If there is interest I will pull all the stuff out and get pictures, etc. If not, I mgiht just give it my brother's friend or something. Would like to make some of my money back on it though. Trades might also be welcomed.

ghostwong
03-11-2007, 9:23 PM
Just to let you know. I just sold my TM M4. My M4 had all the Colt marking intact, no battery, and 1 high cap mag. I sold it for $340.00.
The TM are quality airsoft guns, way better than the $60.00 chinese knock offs. The serious player - collector - want to have a real m4 lookto TM. Since the markings are intact you can ask for more. Try posting on an airsoft forum. Good luck.

FatKatMatt
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
There are some real serious airsofters out there that would snap that up; one of my friends has plunked down 3 grand on 3 different airsoft rifles, a G36, M4, and a FAMAS.

I told him he could have got a REAL M4 with all the money he spent on his airsoft one and he gave me a look and says, "yeah, but I can't shoot people with it,"

Anyways, you'll be able to get a decent price for it. If I was into airsofting I would be getting TM.

NeoWeird
03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
That's good to know. I spent a good $600 on it, and probably paid another $100 more to get it through customs. Mine is the older style, and aside from some wiggle betwen the upper and lower it is fine as far as I know. Last time I fired it I put 200 through it and everything was fine. I think mine has a cyclic rate of 900 and something like 450 fps. The Knight's armament faux suppressor also has all original roll marks and as I understand it are no longer available due to copyright infringments.

If you know anyone interested, let them know. I was dreaming of getting $400 for it, but I'd settle for less of course. I'd also be interested in trades for gun parts, ammo, etc. I just never really used it, so I figure might as well get something I will use from it.

I'l get some pictures tomorrow and a list of all things that come with it. This is definitely an uplift to my spirits.

brighamr
03-12-2007, 4:05 PM
NeoWeird, post it up on craigslist. I sold my TM AK on there in about 3 hours for $350. I tried all the airsoft forums, but CL took the cake

ghostwong
03-12-2007, 6:08 PM
That's good to know. I spent a good $600 on it, and probably paid another $100 more to get it through customs. Mine is the older style, and aside from some wiggle betwen the upper and lower it is fine as far as I know. Last time I fired it I put 200 through it and everything was fine. I think mine has a cyclic rate of 900 and something like 450 fps. The Knight's armament faux suppressor also has all original roll marks and as I understand it are no longer available due to copyright infringments.

If you know anyone interested, let them know. I was dreaming of getting $400 for it, but I'd settle for less of course. I'd also be interested in trades for gun parts, ammo, etc. I just never really used it, so I figure might as well get something I will use from it.

I'l get some pictures tomorrow and a list of all things that come with it. This is definitely an uplift to my spirits.

Rememeber Neo, Ask for more way more since it's a very rare item!!!

NeoWeird
03-12-2007, 9:27 PM
Please note that this is an AIRSOFT rifle and neither item is a real firearm or firearm accessory, nor can it be used to mimic and/or simulate the function of a real firearm or accessory.

Here is just a teaser image of the rifle. It's too late for me to go into further detail tonight. Long day, too much stuff being done, and it's just too late now (have to get up for work at 5:30). I am hoping tomorrow I can get some more detailed information on it.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/m4airsoftteaser.jpg

Also, I am located in Southern California, in the San Bernardino area but I would be willing to ship this to anywhere that it is legal, and seeing as it is a toy I would image that is just about anywhere outside of those few states that forbid fake guns. Like said, this gun also comes with all the muzzles either made of, or covered in, the color red to designate that it is a fake gun.

Right now I am thinking of asking $450 for EVERYTHING (It is also coming with the battery plus a spare, battery charger, several bags of BBs, 3 'high capacity' airsoft magazines (200 rounds that look like real M16/AR15 30 rounders), a thigh pouch to hold the spare mags, the faux suppressor (which can not be used as a real suppressor or altered to be one), the original box and paperwork, a speedloader and the original Tokyo Mauri speed loader). I am of course interested in trades for (especially) pistols, rimfires, C&R rifles (particually WWII) and rimfire conversions. I'm also looking for (but less interested in) ammo, reloading presses and gear, accessories, anything gun related, etc. Project guns are always an interest as well and of course I am VERY open to offers and haggling on this item.

ETA: I forgot to mention that there is some minor damage to the rifle. I do not try to decieve anyone in regards to the items I sell, and my other topics I would hope show this (I clearly went into detail on the finish wear on my Para that I recently sold) and I tend to over exagerate the problem so buyers are not surprised. One of the tang holes on the upper (that is not visible as it sits in the lower) is cracked. I would imagine this would not be difficult to repair, or even replace as the upper is a self contained unit and seperates from the barrel assembly and lower. You could probably also glue a peice of plastic, or other material, there to hold it in place. There is also some finish wear on the buffer tube underneath the collapsable stock. Outside of this there is no damage to the rifle that I am aware of. I understand that the first problem mentioned would be considered a major problem and that is why I am openly flexible on the price, as I am leaving it up to the offering party to say what they believe this damage is worth in regards to detremental value of the airsoft rifle.