PDA

View Full Version : Backtrack5 Q

repubconserv
12-30-2011, 4:47 PM
I just got a little poc acer netbook for $15, does not run off of battery power, laptop keyboard and touchpad do not work, it did not connect to the internet and xp was not running well on it. So I decided to try a fun linux distro on it, BT5.

I was messing around with it and used this tutorial to crack our wireless netork... it worked well
TDNUaG59T1E

I then went over to my friend's house next door to try it on his network with my laptop (yes I got his mom's permission), I followed the steps, but when I got to the final step "aircrack-ng wep-01.cap" It only returned my network info. I turned my router off and re-tried it, still no luck, only my network info... what am I doing wrong?

Jeepers
12-30-2011, 4:58 PM
what name file are you saving to when running Airodump-ng on the second network , if the same " wep-01 " maybe the orig wep-01.cap file is not getting overwritten

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=airodump-ng&DokuWiki=f87a0b5f792cffee8e41266ee5a3012e

repubconserv
12-30-2011, 5:10 PM
what name file are you saving to when running Airodump-ng on the second network , if the same " wep-01 " maybe the orig wep-01.cap file is not getting overwritten

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=airodump-ng&DokuWiki=f87a0b5f792cffee8e41266ee5a3012e

are you talking about the aircrack or airodump? On the aircrack command on their network I used "aircrack-ng wep-02.cap". Same thing happens. On the airodump command I tried -w wep2... same thing again

Where I think the problem lies in the return of the aircrack command, it returns my network name and bssid, then "choosing first network as target". Why does it not return their network name/bssid?

nanoc
12-30-2011, 7:51 PM
Just do "aircrack-ng *.cap" that will open all the .cap files and will show you all the networks from which you collected data. Also remember every time you run airodump it always crates a new file. For example if you do "airodump-ng -w wifidump -c 11 wlan0"
and then stop it and start it again it will create wifidump.cap the first time, second time wifidump-02.cap, third time wifidump-03.cap thats why the *.cap is very useful. Hope that helps.

repubconserv
12-30-2011, 8:44 PM
Just do "aircrack-ng *.cap" that will open all the .cap files and will show you all the networks from which you collected data. Also remember every time you run airodump it always crates a new file. For example if you do "airodump-ng -w wifidump -c 11 wlan0"
and then stop it and start it again it will create wifidump.cap the first time, second time wifidump-02.cap, third time wifidump-03.cap thats why the *.cap is very useful. Hope that helps.

You good sir, are spot on. Thank you! Now to find out what else I can do with BT... it looks fun and is actually running quite smooth on this netbook