PDA

View Full Version : "30 day rule" question

sephy
12-30-2011, 5:22 PM
Just a quick question about the 30 day handgun rule. I DROS'd a handgun on Dec 1st at about 11am. I will be in the area of Sportsmans Warehouse tomorrow and have gift certificates. Is it OK to purchase another handgun tomorrow? Do I have to wait until after 11ish or until the 1st of January?

Thank you very much,
Russ

ke6guj
12-30-2011, 5:58 PM
you have to wait 30-days from when the DROS was submitted. So, if the DROS was entered into the computer at 11AM on the 1st, then you have to wait until 11AM of the 31st to have the next handgun DROS without it being kicked back. Its a 30-day wait, not a 30-day + 10 day wait.

sephy
12-30-2011, 6:47 PM
you have to wait 30-days from when the DROS was submitted. So, if the DROS was entered into the computer at 11AM on the 1st, then you have to wait until 11AM of the 31st to have the next handgun DROS without it being kicked back. Its a 30-day wait, not a 30-day + 10 day wait.

That's what I thought. Thank you very much!

WmWhitfield
01-01-2012, 2:02 PM

As I read this, and rely on what the guysw that do this for a living and I am not one of them, you can dros the next handgun at any time on the 31st day and need not wait until 30 24 hour days have expired.

DOJ will reject Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS) applications submitted by any firearm dealer when it has been determined that the purchaser has completed a handgun DROS application that has been accepted by DOJ within the past thirty calendar days. In computing the thirty day period, the date the DROS application is accepted for processing by DOJ shall count as the first day.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/9907.pdf

So if you dros (get a dros number assigned) on Dec 1, that day counts as Day one and Dec 30 is Day 30. Comes 12:01 AM of Dec 31 you are good to go. I believe the 10 day waiting period is where you count full 24 hour periods.