PDA

View Full Version : Magpul CTR

TacFan
03-11-2007, 7:38 PM
I decided to get a couple of Magpul CTR stocks. I need to be educated. There is both a milspec and a commercial version. Which one and why ? I've heard the milspec is stronger but is that really true ?

bobfried
03-11-2007, 7:44 PM
All CTR stocks are essentially the same (the only exception are the prototypes), they are simply made to either fit milspec or non-milspec tubes. You buy the one that fits the extention tubes that you have.

steve2071
03-11-2007, 7:48 PM
The Mil=Spec buffer tubes are a few mm's smaller in diameter than the commercial ones. I'm not quite certain which is the stronger of the two, but I'm sure they can both stand up to pretty much anything any of us try to throw at them. I have a mil-spec CTR and it works awesome. As far as I know, LMT, Colt, CMT/Stag, Vltor and probably some others offer primarily mil-spec tubes.

TacFan
03-11-2007, 7:49 PM
As of right now, I do not have the extension tube. So is the mil-spec all hype ? Should I just get the commercial extension tube ?

TacFan
03-11-2007, 8:02 PM
The Mil=Spec buffer tubes are a few mm's smaller in diameter than the commercial ones. I'm not quite certain which is the stronger of the two, but I'm sure they can both stand up to pretty much anything any of us try to throw at them. I have a mil-spec CTR and it works awesome. As far as I know, LMT, Colt, CMT/Stag, Vltor and probably some others offer primarily mil-spec tubes.

ok thanks.