PDA

View Full Version : My SIG P220 Carry Models

scombs263
03-11-2007, 7:30 PM
I love these guns...They shoot so nice...SIG did a great job designing them...Luckily I am a SIG armorer and installed a nickel kit and night sites on the two tone and made it a real TWO TONE...:D

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/scombs263/IMG_0158.jpg

The SoCal Gunner
03-11-2007, 7:34 PM
Beautiful guns. These have the loaded chamber indicator and mag disconnect right? What does the LCI look like?

Rawny
03-11-2007, 7:55 PM
Very nice! You installed a nickel kit? How does that work? :confused:

James R.
03-11-2007, 8:07 PM
Beautiful guns. These have the loaded chamber indicator and mag disconnect right? What does the LCI look like?

I thought these guns pre-date that hogwash? I've seen the P220 SAO at Turners and it had neither of those BS features on it and that's a newer thing than a P220 Carry right?

Regards,

James R.

scombs263
03-11-2007, 8:30 PM
Very nice! You installed a nickel kit? How does that work? :confused:

I placed an order with SIG for the nickel parts and they came about a week later...I broke the gun down and replaced them...It helps when work sends you to the SIG armorer school to maintain LEO guns...

Rawny
03-11-2007, 8:45 PM
Oh you meant the control levers. I've detail stripped my SIGs before, it's quite easy. I was wondering about the one on top with the nickel frame. You're not in CA, are you? The nickel is not CA certified.

scombs263
03-11-2007, 8:50 PM
Oh you meant the control levers. I've detail stripped my SIGs before, it's quite easy. I was wondering about the one on top with the nickel frame. You're not in CA, are you? The nickel is not CA certified.

That is the benefit of being LEO...I got a department letter bypassing the CA certified pistol, since it is not on the list...I use it as my duty gun...It helps keep the rust build up on the gun, since I work by the beach and the salt air enviroment can put rust on the gun...My stamped steel P226 used to get it all of the time...

gimmejr
03-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Rawny, go ahead and buy the Two-Tone 220 SAO Carry so I can shoot it. :)

The SoCal Gunner
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
I thought these guns pre-date that hogwash? I've seen the P220 SAO at Turners and it had neither of those BS features on it and that's a newer thing than a P220 Carry right?

Regards,

James R.

I think you are correct. I think the duo-tone was certified for CA sale near the end of February and I forget whether that would mean the duo-tone needs the LCI and mag disconnect.

Rawny
03-12-2007, 9:12 AM
Rawny, go ahead and buy the Two-Tone 220 SAO Carry so I can shoot it. :)You want me to have three 220s?! :eek:

Dump1567
03-12-2007, 9:46 AM
That is the benefit of being LEO...I got a department letter bypassing the CA certified pistol, since it is not on the list...I use it as my duty gun...It helps keep the rust build up on the gun, since I work by the beach and the salt air enviroment can put rust on the gun...My stamped steel P226 used to get it all of the time...

Nice gun. I'm working a deal for a TT Carry and 226 Navy (which might have been your other solution to your rust problem?).

How do these depts. keep giving letters for off-list handguns? Don't they know the state has deemed them unsafe?:rolleyes: