PDA

View Full Version : New FFL Question About Place of Business

locosway
12-29-2011, 9:49 PM
I don't recall seeing this addressed anywhere. If I'm going to open a store front, would it be best to pick my location and secure the store front before I get all my paperwork, or is that something that would come after?

I recall all the papers needing a place of business. Would it be better to get my home zoning changed and get the FFL running out of the home and then move it to a real store front?

Mssr. Eleganté
12-29-2011, 10:36 PM
ATF is going to want to see proof that you have permission from the landlord of your proposed licensed premises to run a firearms business there. And you need to include the address of your proposed licensed premises on the application along with the contact information of the landlord. So you'll need to get your premises address squared away before you send in the application. You might find a landlord who is willing to sign a lease with you that is contingent on you successfully getting the FFL, but if there is a way to get your local government to allow you to operate a firearms business from you home that would seem to be the cheapest way to start out. You can always move to a storefront later on by amending your FFL.

locosway
12-29-2011, 10:38 PM
ATF is going to want to see proof that you have permission from the landlord of your proposed licensed premises to run a firearms business there. And you need to include the address of your proposed licensed premises on the application along with the contact information of the landlord.

Alright, that's what I was thinking. Thanks.

tenpercentfirearms
12-31-2011, 7:54 AM
Don't apply for anything until you have a local business license at the address you are going to have your gun shop from. Gun shop business generally must be performed at a physical address, so applying with a temporary address is no good.

Everything hinges on local business license. If you aren't properly zoned, you won't be opening a gun shop.

locosway
12-31-2011, 8:40 AM
Don't apply for anything until you have a local business license at the address you are going to have your gun shop from. Gun shop business generally must be performed at a physical address, so applying with a temporary address is no good.

Everything hinges on local business license. If you aren't properly zoned, you won't be opening a gun shop.

Thanks.

echoarms
01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
ATF is going to want to see proof that you have permission from the landlord of your proposed licensed premises to run a firearms business there.
What form of proof is needed? Have you experienced this personally?

PolishMike
01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
What form of proof is needed? Have you experienced this personally?

The agent doing my app called the landlord.