PDA

View Full Version : Kalifornia legality of my desired rifle.

pullnshoot25
03-11-2007, 12:30 PM
So I want to buy a rifle but everywhere I turn I cannot seem to find one that fits the convoluted quagmire of Kalifornia's gun restrictions. So my question is this, fellow Calguns.net members...

1) Are Saiga .223, .308 or 7.62x39 rifles banned in Kalifornia? If not, are there exceptions due to manufacture, etc?

2) If Saigas are banned, is it possible to get an OLL and a parts kit to have one made for me, sans pistol grip, flash hider and other "malignant and evil" features?

3) If there is any way to get a Kalifornia legal AK-47(esque) rifle based on the letter of the law, what do I have to be concerned about as far as shooting it? How many people have been bothered by law enforcement? How many people have been harassed, arrested, etc. because everyone seems to know EVERYTHING but the law?

4) Any stories? Advice? Ideas?

Basically, I just want my semi-auto and maybe one day I can bring it back to its rightful glory when I exit this state.

A preemptive thanks to everyone that has read and replied to this post.

Sincerely,

Nathan W.

virulosity
03-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the site! You will find a vast amount of information here regarding the questions you have asked. Simply use the search button at the top of the page and I guarantee you will find the answers to every single one of your questions as I have seen them discussed previously in great detail.

Charliegone
03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
So I want to buy a rifle but everywhere I turn I cannot seem to find one that fits the convoluted quagmire of Kalifornia's gun restrictions. So my question is this, fellow Calguns.net members...

1) Are Saiga .223, .308 or 7.62x39 rifles banned in Kalifornia? If not, are there exceptions due to manufacture, etc?

2) If Saigas are banned, is it possible to get an OLL and a parts kit to have one made for me, sans pistol grip, flash hider and other "malignant and evil" features?

3) If there is any way to get a Kalifornia legal AK-47(esque) rifle based on the letter of the law, what do I have to be concerned about as far as shooting it? How many people have been bothered by law enforcement? How many people have been harassed, arrested, etc. because everyone seems to know EVERYTHING but the law?

4) Any stories? Advice? Ideas?

Basically, I just want my semi-auto and maybe one day I can bring it back to its rightful glory when I exit this state.

A preemptive thanks to everyone that has read and replied to this post.

Sincerely,

Nathan W.

1. Use the search and you will find a vast wealth of information regarding Saigas.

2. Yes you can have one made, but like I said do a search and you will find you won't have to make a CA legal ak type in a Saiga configuration.

3. Again use the search for the ak builds (legality) and check the DOJ website for those ON (these aren't legal) the list. I've taken my ak builds to the range and have not been bothered...others have done the same and have not been bothered. Just make sure you shoot at the designated areas or you might get in trouble.

4. Lots of stories..Search.

Hope that helps.:)

Mark_in_Pasadena
03-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Also look at the 2nd Amendment section, everything you need to know is stickied there.....

Okami
03-11-2007, 2:13 PM
Yes, RAA and EAA saigas' are not listed.
I got mine from OnPoint Firearms.
Enjoy!

~Okami

M. Sage
03-11-2007, 2:30 PM
See also:

http://calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

RossRinSD
03-11-2007, 2:39 PM
try also classicarms.us or diesel enterprises on Gunbroker.com

You'll probably want to find an FFL who will do the transfer for you first. Legal or not, a lot of the FFL's stay away from gray area items.

If you've got questions ask them. The guys that want to help will. The others... I don't know why they waste their time posting 'try the searches' I first started searching about the saigas, and I think the first four returns were all guys telling somebody to try the searche engine.

Pepper
03-11-2007, 10:53 PM
I just ordered mine (7.62) from classic arms $250, best price I found online. Ade's in OC is going to do the transfer for me. Classic arms was very helpful and friendly.
Can't wait to try it out.

My question is what type of ammo (manufacturer) works best for these??