PDA

View Full Version : Holsters That Minimize Wear

Kerplow
12-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I know it's lame, but, I need a holster for my 92FS and I want something that wont leave wear marks all over the gun. what are my options?

JaeOne3345
12-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Is this for a range usage?

Any holster will leave marks over time, it's just that some do it faster/slower than others.

Have you looked into having it hard chromed?

I use a Double Alpha Academy Race Master for my STI but I don't know if you want a race holster, hehe.

skyscraper
12-29-2011, 1:35 PM
If you want to minimize wear, stay away from kydex. Get a leather holster or at least one that has leather touching the firearm.

Kerplow
12-29-2011, 1:46 PM
Is this for a range usage?

Any holster will leave marks over time, it's just that some do it faster/slower than others.

Have you looked into having it hard chromed?

I use a Double Alpha Academy Race Master for my STI but I don't know if you want a race holster, hehe.

I'm thinking at this point a CC holster would be my best bet considering the only time I'll be carrying will be whilst hunting. I know it's a big gun for concealed carry but it's all I've got at this point.

Michaeln
12-30-2011, 9:07 PM
I keep my STI in a Safariland level 1 holster. It's a semi speed rig and has excellent retention. The best part about it is that you have a suede lining on all the parts that touch your gun. Theypre pretty expensive but great quality. if you're going to conceal whilst hunting you might want to pick up a milt sparks IWB.