PDA

View Full Version : Great PDF/presentation - Crane's SOPMOD Program Overview for NDIA

Jicko
03-11-2007, 9:40 AM
Unclassified NSWC Crane's SOPMOD Program Overview for the National Defense Industrial Association Small Arms Symposium

Talked about the new SOPMOD M4 Accessory Kit, went thru each of the newer selections(for example, used to be AIMPOINT and now moving towards EOTech...; used to be ACOG4x w/ iron backup sight and now moving towards ACOG4x w/ DOCTER or Elcan w/ DOCTER etc...) and also talked about who got the contracts etc....

I bet you guys will enjoy this PDF, at least, I did!!
http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2006smallarms/taylor.pdf

tiger222
03-11-2007, 10:50 AM
very cool! thanks for sharing :)

Fedge
03-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Round counters, huh? Sounds like an interesting idea, but ultimately seems like another piece of equipment thats going to get destroyed by sand and mud.

Thanks for the link, interesting stuff!

Jicko
03-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Round counters, huh? Sounds like an interesting idea, but ultimately seems like another piece of equipment thats going to get destroyed by sand and mud.

Thanks for the link, interesting stuff!

The WRC(round counter) seems to be a nice idea.... I can kinda see that u can "seal" the electronics inside the pistol grip, and just sell that as a "Round Counter Pistol Grip".

Too bad the PDF do not have the slides for the WRC tho.... I would loved to see more info on that...