PDA

View Full Version : AR Extended Take Down Pin (Watson Weapons) '..Very Tight

Addax
03-10-2007, 9:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

I picked up a couple of Extended Take Down Pins for my AR rifles recently from 10%. The first one fit and functions fine, but the second one just does not move unless I lightly tap on it to remove it or to engage it..

I am using a DPMS upper with a STAG lower on both rifles..

Has anyone run into a tight fitting Pin like this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Addax

DedEye
03-10-2007, 9:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

I picked up a couple of Extended Take Down Pins for my AR rifles recently from 10%. The first one fit and functions fine, but the second one just does not move unless I lightly tap on it to remove it or to engage it..

I am using a DPMS upper with a STAG lower on both rifles..

Has anyone run into a tight fitting Pin like this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Addax

Just keep using it. It'll loosen up over time, especially with repeated use at the range. A little CLP can't hurt either, but every time this comes up for a member (as it did for me in the past), just keep going and it'll eventually loosen up.

Addax
03-10-2007, 9:54 PM
Just keep using it. It'll loosen up over time, especially with repeated use at the range. A little CLP can't hurt either, but every time this comes up for a member (as it did for me in the past), just keep going and it'll eventually loosen up.

Thank you DedEye!

RossRinSD
03-10-2007, 9:59 PM
haha, same here. A little CLP, and about 2 hours of TV and clicking it in and out. Just about drove my girl crazy last night.

Technical Ted
03-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Why accelerate the wear between the aluminum receivers and a steel pin?

Socal858
03-10-2007, 10:13 PM
dont file it down or use any kind of tool to free it up

CLP and clicking it in and out should be the oinly thing you are doing, itll wear down by itself.

diegojosh
03-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Why accelerate the wear between the aluminum receivers and a steel pin?

check out your number of post's!:eek: :eek: :eek:

RossRinSD
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
check out your number of post's!:eek: :eek: :eek:

and the signature??

anyracoon
03-11-2007, 8:55 AM
I've had the same problem on some of my OLL lowers but when I throw a Stag upper on they work like they are supposed to. Just a matter of how good the tolerances are on your uppers & lowers

Jicko
03-11-2007, 9:41 AM
I've a problem with mine a while ago.... I did file down the $7 pin....then it works perfectly.... the pin is only a couple of bucks... I rather to file it down, than to have the upper hole *wears*....