PDA

View Full Version : CETME mag-lock?

thefinger
03-10-2007, 6:01 PM
Today was the first day of spring break for me. I decided a good way to kick it off would be a trip to the gun shop. :p

I'm in St. Louis, so the trip was fun. The owner's son handed me AK pistols, AR-15's, FAL's, and a CETME. The CETME really got me interested. It is Century built (I know, I know...) and it has the wood furniture that I think looks really great. I think the operation of the rifle is really cool, and I like the heavy-feel and .308 chambering. :D I'm seriously considering picking one up. He had a $485 price tag on it, but I figure I can find one out here for a bit less than that (his shop was a bit overpriced).

My question is: is there a mag-lock for the CETME? The way the mag-release button looks, it seems like a "bullet-button" style mag lock would work. Has anyone made one of these? If not... I know some of you guys have experience in the machine shop... is anyone up to the challenge? :confused:

xenophobe
03-10-2007, 6:11 PM
Search is your friend:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37200&highlight=ptr+mag+lock

marksbb
03-10-2007, 6:12 PM
12276. As used in this chapter, "assault weapon" shall mean the following designated semiautomatic firearms: (a) All of the following specified rifles: (1) All AK series including, but not limited to, the models identified as follows: (A) Made in China AK, AKM, AKS, AK47, AK47S, 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S. (B) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S. (C) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47. (D) MAADI AK47 and ARM. (2) UZI and Galil. (3) Beretta AR-70. (4) CETME Sporter.

Does #4 apply?

xenophobe
03-10-2007, 6:21 PM
12276. As used in this chapter, "assault weapon" shall mean the following designated semiautomatic firearms: (a) All of the following specified rifles: (1) All AK series including, but not limited to, the models identified as follows: (A) Made in China AK, AKM, AKS, AK47, AK47S, 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S. (B) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S. (C) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47. (D) MAADI AK47 and ARM. (2) UZI and Galil. (3) Beretta AR-70. (4) CETME Sporter.

Does #4 apply?

No. The CETME sporter they're talking about is a factory import gun and would bring at least $2k on the market. The Century CETME parts guns are not the same receiver.

SemiAutoSam
03-10-2007, 6:23 PM
From his post it looks like he is talking about a aftermarket Cetme not one made by the spanish company. I do not think Century is on the Roberti Roos list.

And I am soon to introduce a Bullet Button style PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ For the HK-91 / CETME type rifle.

About a month out or so. Or you can talk to rorschach he makes a c shaped device that makes the user disassemble the rifle to remove the magazine and that also fits the letter of the law in my understanding of the law.

Xeno posted the thread.

marksbb
03-10-2007, 6:25 PM
Ah, good to know, the parts kits are really cheap, but the only place that I found a receiver from was century and they clearly mark that they do not ship receivers to Ca. Do you know who else sells them and sells them to us?

thefinger
03-10-2007, 6:26 PM
Search is your friend:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37200&highlight=ptr+mag+lock

Thanks so much, xenophobe. I swear to you that I used the search and did my best to find a thread like the one you just produced. I suck with the search function! Anyhow, thanks again for the help--I owe you one. I guess I'll PM rorschach right now. :D

EDIT: Looks like rorschach makes a mag-lock that doesn't alow the magazine to be released without taking the rifle apart. Is there a "bullet-button" style mag-lock like the ones that just got released for the AR15??

EDIT#2: I just read Semi Suto Sam's post...... I'll be waiting for your BB mag-lock, Sam!!! Make a big thread with pics and stuff when you finish!!!

Lon Moer
03-10-2007, 6:51 PM
Ah, good to know, the parts kits are really cheap, but the only place that I found a receiver from was century and they clearly mark that they do not ship receivers to Ca. Do you know who else sells them and sells them to us?

I found one guy who would forward a CETME receiver to Cali, but with the amount of mark up he added it was cheaper to just get a PTR-91 receiver. Which makes for an easier build anyways.;)

marksbb
03-10-2007, 7:27 PM
I found one guy who would forward a CETME receiver to Cali, but with the amount of mark up he added it was cheaper to just get a PTR-91 receiver. Which makes for an easier build anyways.;)

I''l look into that...thanks.

SemiAutoSam
03-10-2007, 7:49 PM
Thanks: I will. I have parts on the way. You can get things like this done in 2 of the following 3 ways Accurately, Cheap, Fast but not all 3.

Get rorschach's lock for now mine is at least a month out he also sells 10 round Mags for your rifle.

Thanks so much, xenophobe. I swear to you that I used the search and did my best to find a thread like the one you just produced. I suck with the search function! Anyhow, thanks again for the help--I owe you one. I guess I'll PM rorschach right now. :D

EDIT: Looks like rorschach makes a mag-lock that doesn't allow the magazine to be released without taking the rifle apart. Is there a "bullet-button" style mag-lock like the ones that just got released for the AR15??

EDIT#2: I just read Semi Suto Sam's post...... I'll be waiting for your BB mag-lock, Sam!!! Make a big thread with pics and stuff when you finish!!!

thefinger
03-10-2007, 8:17 PM
Thanks: I will. I have parts on the way. You can get things like this done in 2 of the following 3 ways Accurately, Cheap, Fast but not all 3.

Get rorschach's lock for now mine is at least a month out he also sells 10 round Mags for your rifle.

I won't be bringing my cetme back to CA until the middle of May, so I'll hold out for your mag-lock, Sam. That is, as long as you think you'll be able to fill my order by May.... ??:confused:

If your mag lock isnt ready by then I'll just take the evil features off and wait.

SemiAutoSam
03-10-2007, 8:21 PM
Most likely yes, But its not the only thing on my plate. I still have a PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ to get done. and figure out what demand there is for it.

Its going to be very expensive in comparison to the Bullet Button.

But again 100% solid 303 stainless steel and made on CNC mills.

Not a cheap proposition.

I won't be bringing my cetme back to CA until the middle of May, so I'll hold out for your mag-lock, Sam. That is, as long as you think you'll be able to fill my order by May.... ??:confused:

thefinger
03-10-2007, 8:46 PM
Its going to be very expensive in comparison to the Bullet Button.

But again 100% solid 303 stainless steel and made on CNC mills.

Not a cheap proposition.

I understand if you aren't comfortable disclosing the numbers yet, but about how much are we looking at. I sure its more than reasonable for the product we'll get, but I'm just curious.:p

SemiAutoSam
03-10-2007, 9:06 PM
No its OK and keep in mind this is only a projected cost I may not be taking into consideration all the factors.

This is the AR design PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ also the HK PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ is still underdevelopment at the moment I do not have any projected costs for the HK PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ.

AR design PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ will be somewhere in the area of 45-50 each the internals are outsourced and not made in house as I do not own a CNC lathe or a screw machine. and the internals of this lock require parts to be made on such machines.

There also is hardly any markup what so ever on this item. But this one will use the standard length mag catch where my past design used the modified mag catch that was shortened by .300 on the 10/32 stud part of the catch.

Below is the Original MAG-LOCK that I first designed, Manufactured and sold to members here.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=41634&highlight=MAG-LOCK

I understand if you aren't comfortable disclosing the numbers yet, but about how much are we looking at. I sure its more than reasonable for the product we'll get, but I'm just curious.:p

thefinger
03-10-2007, 9:16 PM
No its OK and keep in mind this is only a projected cost I may not be taking into consideration all the factors.

This is the AR design PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ also the HK PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ is still underdevelopment at the moment I do not have any projected costs for the HK PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ.

AR design PIN-MAG-LOCKŪ will be somewhere in the area of 45-50 each the internals are outsourced and not made in house as I do not own a CNC lathe or a screw machine. and the internals of this lock require parts to be made on such machines.

There also is hardly any markup what so ever on this item. But this one will use the standard length mag catch where my past design used the modified mag catch that was shortened by .300 on the 10/32 stud part of the catch.

Below is the Original MAG-LOCK that I first designed, Manufactured and sold to members here.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=41634&highlight=MAG-LOCK

well, if the H&K MAG-LOCK is a similar price I'll be sure to pick one up. Very fair price, Sam. Good luck with the development and sales. I'm glad that there are calgunners like you that make it possible for us to enjoy our blackrifles in CA. Thanks.