PDA

View Full Version : Roster questions.

biogenic
12-27-2011, 9:41 PM
Can a private party sell a gun which is not on the roster to an FFL dealer ?

When can I find when a particular gun got off the roster and what are the chances of the same model to be reinstated?

Can a revolver which is not on the roster be modified to single action only and then transferred?

PlacerTactical
12-27-2011, 9:47 PM
Can a private party sell a gun which is not on the roaster to an FFL dealer ? yes

When can I find when a particular gun got off the roster and what are the chances of the same model to be reinstated? http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/PDF shows recently added and recently removed

Can a revolver which is not on the roster be modified to single action only and then transferred?yes, pending it meets the dimension minimums

answers in bold

Librarian
12-27-2011, 9:49 PM
Can a private party sell a gun which is not on the roaster to an FFL dealer ?

When can I find when a particular gun got off the roster and what are the chances of the same model to be reinstated?

Can a revolver which is not on the roster be modified to single action only and then transferred?

1) Yes; the dealer has to believe he can resell it to an exempt person, or out of state before he'll agree to buy.

2) Why does 'when' matter? The likelihood of reinstatement is high if the model is still manufactured, but you would need to contact the manufacturer for the Real Answer.

3) Yes, but why bother? The Roster does not apply to a PPT; one could sell the off Roster, through a CA FFL, to any other CA resident who may legally buy a gun.

biogenic
12-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Reason I am asking this questions...

Found a revolver which I wanted to buy for my wife @ a gun shop. The gun was not on consignment. It was a purchase which they made from a private party. I put some $$ down on it and when I tried to complete the transaction I was told the Revolver can not be sold since is not on the roster. I am pretty furious with the guy which took my $$ and then reneged on it. I asked him to call the original owner and do a PPT and keep his cut but he told me it was to late since they now owned the gun.

Pretty f*** up since my wife is expecting her gun and now I have to explain that the salesperson is an moron. Any advice would be appreciated.

PlacerTactical
12-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Dealer should have thought about the roster before taking your money. Since the gun is not on consignment, you are basically screwed. The revolver would need to be converted to single action and have a barrel longer than 3" to be exempt. If they won't do the conversion, you can have it shipped to a dealer that will, pending the model can be converted.

biogenic
12-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Dealer should have thought about the roster before taking your money. Since the gun is not on consignment, you are basically screwed. The revolver would need to be converted to single action and have a barrel longer than 3" to be exempt. If they won't do the conversion, you can have it shipped to a dealer that will, pending the model can be converted.

Good info - thanks!!