PDA

View Full Version : Flash Suppressor Removal Help

Number 6
03-10-2007, 3:08 PM
I just bought a CMMG upper for a monsterman grip build, but the flash suppressor will not budge. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get this flash suppressor off?

Technical Ted
03-10-2007, 3:10 PM
Don't you know that Tuesday is "how do I remove a flash suppressor" day?

Number 6
03-10-2007, 3:17 PM
I did a search for the topic, but only came up with one real hit that did not answer my question. If you have a search suggestion then by all means, point me the right direction.

fairfaxjim
03-10-2007, 4:33 PM
I did a search for the topic, but only came up with one real hit that did not answer my question. If you have a search suggestion then by all means, point me the right direction.

Try this - search using "A2 flash hider removal". A ways down on the second page of results is a topic "A2 Flash Hider Removal?"

Fjold
03-10-2007, 4:34 PM
Take a couple of hardwood 2x2 or 2x4 blocks and clamp together and drill down through the seam where they meet with a 5/8" - 3/4" drill bit so that when you seperate the blocks you have two pieces with a groove down the middle.

Wrap your barrel with electrical tape or strip rubber and clamp it tightly between the two blocks in a bench vice. It has to be tight enough so that the barrel doesn't spin between the blocks.

Take a wrench that exactly fits the flashhider flats (or a 16"-20" crescent wrench) and crank the flashhider off. The longer the wrench the better as you don't have to jerk on it or hit it with a hammer if you have a long enough lever.