PDA

View Full Version : Pair of SA Ruger Vaquero Revolvers

191145ACP
12-27-2011, 6:05 PM
I have a new buyer that wants to transfer a pair of New Ruger SASS Vaquero SA revolvers. I do not see them listed on the roster but it seems I have read or hear on this board that SA single shot revolvers do not need to be on the roster? Can these revolvers be brought into CA? I assume they have to be processed as two separate handgun transactions even through they were processed from the factory as a matched pair. Two different serial numbers

PlacerTactical
12-27-2011, 7:34 PM
They are exempt but the buyer will have to dros separately, 30 days apart (unless buyer is exempt).

Gryff
12-27-2011, 8:49 PM
They are exempt but the buyer will have to dros separately, 30 days apart (unless buyer is exempt).

They can DROS at the same time if they have consecutive serial numbers, correct?

PlacerTactical
12-27-2011, 8:58 PM
They can DROS at the same time if they have consecutive serial numbers, correct?

No, only if it is a PPT. 1 in 30 rule applies for dealer transfers

Quiet
12-28-2011, 5:30 AM
According to the CA DOJ BOF FAQ (http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#24)...
Only if the person buying has a valid 03-FFL and a valid COE.

I am a collector of firearms and I want to purchase a pair of consecutively-numbered pistols. Does the one-handgun-per-30-day restriction apply?

No. If you possess a valid federal Curio Relics Collector's license and a valid California Certificate of Eligibility, you are exempt from the one-handgun-per-30-day restriction.