PDA

View Full Version : Hakim Issue

JesseXXX
03-10-2007, 1:40 PM
I just got a complete front band-bayonet-screw for my Hakim (yee pee!! :D ) ... anyhow.... when I put everything together, the screw does NOT engage and hold down.... what I'm I doing wrong....? Are the threads thrashed....? I tried screwing in the srew without the bayonet to see how deep it goes and it does not engage....?

Thanks.... any help would be appreciated it....

Jesse!

6mmAI
03-10-2007, 6:22 PM
I just got a complete front band-bayonet-screw for my Hakim (yee pee!! :D ) ... anyhow.... when I put everything together, the screw does NOT engage and hold down.... what I'm I doing wrong....? Are the threads thrashed....? I tried screwing in the srew without the bayonet to see how deep it goes and it does not engage....?

Thanks.... any help would be appreciated it....

Jesse!

Either you lost the nut that lays captive in the slot inside the stock (like a Mauser has) or the nut is stripped. Take the handguard off and see what the screw is going into. The nut should be a square of metal with a hole in it.

JesseXXX
03-10-2007, 9:23 PM
There's nothing there... I just installed a long wood screw.... hopefully it'll work..:confused: :(

Thanks buddy....
Jesse!

Steyr_223
03-10-2007, 9:34 PM
The Gunboards Egyptian Firearms Forum is a good resource for Hakims and Rashids..

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=48