PDA

View Full Version : Frontsight is holding a year-end sale!

new2mud
12-27-2011, 2:02 PM
This is not a solicitation to sell memberships, but rather passing along info for those who have been asking about Frontsight memberships.

You can get a lifetime membership to Frontsight for as low as $250 through Dec 31st, but is not available at this price directly from them--you must purchase from a current member.

PM me for information on how to connect you to a member with access to lifetime memberships.

acegunnr
12-27-2011, 6:14 PM
More information here:

http://www.frontsight.com/final/index.asp?

Some Calguns members will sell you at their cost of $125.

AAShooter
12-27-2011, 6:17 PM
There are lots of Front Sight members that are on the site looking for buyers. The easiest is to let people know are in the market.

Ishoot
12-27-2011, 7:58 PM
I'm in the market..:)

cxr
12-27-2011, 8:11 PM
Im a member so i would be willing to hook up fellow calgunners

Bert Gamble
12-27-2011, 8:27 PM
I am also willing to help out a fellow Calgunner.

glbtrottr
12-28-2011, 7:45 AM
I may be in the market as well

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.528341,-117.764516

cxr
12-28-2011, 9:23 AM
im just saying i will be phoning in an order for a friend today or tomorow if anyone else is interested

john.t.singh
12-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm a little confused. I thought these were selling for $250 a pop. Are people selling them at cost for $125 because they are buying 4, getting free 4, so 1000 / 8 = 125? or am I missing a step?

cxr
12-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm a little confused. I thought these were selling for $250 a pop. Are people selling them at cost for $125 because they are buying 4, getting free 4, so 1000 / 8 = 125? or am I missing a step?

you will have to wait until people PM you but from my experience when i was looking for a membership you are not going to get them @ 125.00. members here were "helping" people out because they were getting free guns with so many memberships sold. there are very few members here willing to even sell them at cost

hefedehefe
12-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Lifetime membership for $125?:eek:

hefedehefe
12-28-2011, 10:31 AM
I was confused with another range, looks like this one isn't in California :/

Acorn556
12-28-2011, 3:27 PM
so does it depend on what membership the person has or what?

saw this advertised over on MP-Pistol.com and the guy said he gets all the guns. He had the $100,000 membership from the post so I wanted to know what it gets you.

Proselyte
12-28-2011, 3:37 PM
I'm interested (depending on price) in purchasing a lifetime membership. Send me a PM if you're interested in selling. Thanks.

Bert Gamble
12-28-2011, 9:09 PM
so does it depend on what membership the person has or what?

saw this advertised over on MP-Pistol.com and the guy said he gets all the guns. He had the $100,000 membership from the post so I wanted to know what it gets you.

A Diamond membership gets you access to every class that is offered at the school, plus a 40% discount in the Pro Shop.

A Diamond with Alaska allows you to attend the classes offered during the summer months in Alaska.

new2mud
12-29-2011, 6:14 AM
Folks--PM me directly if you have any questions about the memberships. Remember that the sale ends this Saturday, so you will have to be ready to pull the trigger (pun intended) and be ready to commit before then.

FCinCA
12-29-2011, 8:13 AM
Cool. Who's coordinating?

new2mud
12-29-2011, 9:10 AM
A Diamond membership gets you access to every class that is offered at the school, plus a 40% discount in the Pro Shop.

A Diamond with Alaska allows you to attend the classes offered during the summer months in Alaska.

Slight clarification: Diamond w/ Alaska allows you full Frontsight Nevada access with the addition of Alaska privileges. Didn't want anyone to think Diamond + Alaska meant only Alaska access!

cxr
12-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Folks--PM me directly if you have any questions about the memberships. Remember that the sale ends this Saturday, so you will have to be ready to pull the trigger (pun intended) and be ready to commit before then.

umm... you can PM me too!!! :D

Tubbie
12-30-2011, 2:17 AM
Gents,

If you have a connection with securing a Diamond+Alaska, please PM me as well. I'm interested in treating myself to one.

Best,

-Tubbie

Prospector
12-30-2011, 6:45 AM
I'm interested pm me with details.

Bert Gamble
12-30-2011, 7:23 AM
Now that a bunch of us are signed up, is it too early to talk about a calguns NV trip? :25:

Never too early to talk about FS trips. I will be there with my son March 30 for a 4 day handgun.

Would be great to have some people from here join and have dinner one night. The steakhouse at the Pahrump Nugget has about the best blackened New York I have ever had. Cheap too.

Bert Gamble
12-30-2011, 7:26 AM
Now if they only provided dancing girls during the lunch break we would be set.

twoforme2
12-30-2011, 7:59 AM
If any of you have any memberships left for "friends" please PM me.

AAShooter
12-30-2011, 8:40 AM
This video might give those of you who aren't familiar with Front Sight an idea of what it's about...
OVP7X723vys

Hmmm . . . Dec 30, 2011 . . . 2012 Aerial Tour . . . :facepalm:

sdjetpilot
12-30-2011, 9:13 AM
deleted my previous post. sorry for the misunderstanding with the post and thanks for the replies but im basicaly looking for anybody selling at $125. since you basically get 8 memberships for $1000.

if i get 4 other people interested and can send me $125 through paypal + fees for each i will buy 4 (which we get 4 more free = 8 memberships) and we can split the cost. no markups. pm me if interested

acegunnr
12-30-2011, 1:40 PM
Just picked up 16 more Diamonds + Alaska for friends and family! :hurray:

markgrubb
12-30-2011, 2:46 PM
I am interested in two lifetime memberships for around $125 each.

MarkGrubb@aol.com

DangerousGoods
12-30-2011, 8:06 PM
This might be a dumb question, but does membership allow you to take classes for no fee? If this is the case count me in. PM or email me I'm ready to roll.

rkt88edmo
12-30-2011, 9:17 PM
This might be a dumb question, but does membership allow you to take classes for no fee? If this is the case count me in. PM or email me I'm ready to roll.

depends on the membership, but many people get all classes free, plus $50 annual background check.

socalbowhunter
12-30-2011, 10:01 PM
What does this $250 lifetime membership get us? I'm curious and interested.

Is this the legacy membership that allows you free access to the 2day and 4day handgun, shotgun and rifle courses?

rkt88edmo
12-30-2011, 10:30 PM
What does this $250 lifetime membership get us? I'm curious and interested.

Is this the legacy membership that allows you free access to the 2day and 4day handgun, shotgun and rifle courses?

depends on the membership, but many people get all classes free, plus $50 annual background check.

socalbowhunter
12-30-2011, 10:39 PM

You didn't answer my question at all.

Bert Gamble
12-30-2011, 11:12 PM
You didn't answer my question at all.

The $250 will get you a Diamond membership that includes all classes with no black out dates, if you buy from a Diamond member.

The $250 will get you a Legacy membership if you buy from a Legacy member.

The $250 will get you a Patriot membership if you buy from a Patriot member.

See where I am going with this?:D

Ask what membership the person is offering you when you buy it. All mine are Diamond without the Alaska stamp.

rkt88edmo
12-30-2011, 11:16 PM
lol

acegunnr
12-31-2011, 7:15 AM
Last Last Final Final Day! Hope everyone has been taken care of!

Happy New Year!

LBDamned
12-31-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm torn between signing up and ignoring...

I get emails daily from FrontSight and it really is an annoying infomercial. There is soooooo much reading in every friggin email and description that I dont even bother to read it...

Every time I see threads about it - it seems like membership is one of those vitamin or Amway type pyramid scheme...

On the other hand - there are lots of testimonials that this truly is good training... I was talking with local Sheriff LEO while at range yesterday and he mentioned Fontsight... I'm inclined to believe that it is good training - but the marketing is such a red flag.

The posts in this thread about NV trip with fellow Gunners is more intriguing than any of the boatloads of email garbage I get from Frontsight - I am much more inclined to consider a membership through a CalGunner than from the marketing garbage (even paying the price that gets current member his benefits)...

I'm not ready to "pull the trigger" for this amazing last chance offer (because every day I get last chance offers)... but I am interested in possibly doing a group thing with forum/Frontsight members (if that comes to fruition).

Long post I know... and I hope it doesnt ruffle any feathers - it's not meant as a jab at anyone here... just an observation of the membership marketing in general... Anyway - I'll follow thread and see if an event becomes of this (I think it sounds cool).

emgee00
12-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Great deal for the $$

AAShooter
01-01-2012, 5:55 AM
Is it over? The signup link is still live. Call me a sucker, but I think the good Doctor might seriously end lifetime memberships this time since he has brought Front Sight to "the next level". For those who are long time members, what do you think will happen this year with Front Sight?

I predict FS will have more special offers. :D

acegunnr
01-01-2012, 8:01 AM
Although I have become a Diamond member just recently, I have followed Front Sight over the years. The rumors of their demise have been ongoing but they have outlasted them all. The one common theme coming from most all who have taken their training is that IT IS GOOD Training. This is coming from neophytes and experienced shooters alike. If they do not lose that recipe and can sustain it business wise, then marketing gimmicks come what they may, they will continue to be successful.

Bert Gamble
01-02-2012, 9:19 PM
When I bought my Diamond, I was so scared that they were going to close before I could get to a class. The marketing just screams "Going out of business"

I paid $500 and figured that one 4 day handgun class would be enough for me to be happy with the investment so I went as soon as I got the number assigned.

Since then, I have been to 2 additional handgun classes and 1 shotgun. That is a total of 16 days of top notch instruction for $500. That is only $3.90 an hour and I am going back in March with my son.

I have said it before, and I will keep saying it. This is the best investment I have ever made.

I hope that the are in business for a very long time.

AAShooter
01-03-2012, 5:31 AM
I have been a member for over a decade and the concerns about longevity have existed every year that I have been a member. That doesn't necessarily say they won't go out of business tomorrow but they seem to make it happen.

AAShooter
01-03-2012, 5:47 AM
That's true but Dr. Piazza has always stated that he would limit the number of lifetime memberships from the beginning. Front Sight has offered a variety of types of memberships over time--many of which were no longer offered. So just because the Diamond membership is no longer offered doesn't mean the upcoming "Blue Sapphire", or whatever it is called, membership might not be even better.

That said, the recent promotions are a significant change in the marketing program and have increased the number of memberships significantly. Dr. Piazza has always stated that he is trying to reach the 80-90% of gun owners and these recent programs have gone a long way to that end.

acegunnr
01-03-2012, 3:03 PM
I started a new Front Sight thread with a poll.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=518454

dvsdev
01-06-2012, 8:18 AM
Is it too late to get in on the deal? I went away from Calguns for 2 weeks and missed out. :(

Blackhawk556
01-08-2012, 10:01 AM
so the $250 diamond membership allows you to go to any handgun class for free for the rest of your life?

am I crazy?

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

new2mud
01-08-2012, 11:07 AM
so the $250 diamond membership allows you to go to any handgun class for free for the rest of your life?

am I crazy?

No--it allows you to go to ANY class, including Rifle, Shotgun, Edged Weapons, Ropes & Rappelling, etc.

Blackhawk556
01-08-2012, 2:21 PM
what's the catch? this seems line a
crazy deal.

anyone have 2 to sell for $125 each? A friend and I have cash and ready to buy if still available.

acegunnr
01-08-2012, 3:53 PM
what's the catch? this seems line a
crazy deal.

anyone have 2 to sell for $125 each? A friend and I have cash and ready to buy if still available.

The Diamond Lifetime memberships are no longer available. Some members have bought extras but they are going for around $500. If you can find it cheaper, BUY IT!.

Sillyguy
01-08-2012, 4:51 PM
If I'm diamond can I buy an Alaska one and upgrade?

psssniper
01-08-2012, 6:12 PM
Anybody hearing from FS yet regarding their new membership? I signed up near the deadline and have not had any contact so far.

acegunnr
01-08-2012, 6:37 PM
Anybody hearing from FS yet regarding their new membership? I signed up near the deadline and have not had any contact so far.

I've gotten email confirmation for the ones I put in for.

new2mud
01-08-2012, 7:43 PM
Frontsight said to expect the memberships to be sent out in 3-4 weeks. At that time, members can initiate transfers for the ones they want to be assigned to friends/family, which will take another few weeks.

As expected, they are slammed with processing all the new memberships.

Bert Gamble
01-08-2012, 8:45 PM
I have the ones that were direct purchases, but the free ones have not shown up yet.

jackofall
01-09-2012, 6:19 PM
I'm interested in a Diamond if anyone's looking to get rid of one. Currently have a new Sentinel.

mag360
01-10-2012, 9:01 AM
are the diamond ones the only lifetime do any class you want free, for example the sub gun and machine gun classes that all I have to pay for is FrontSight ammo or will one of the 125 or $250 memberships also do that.

what does diamond for ~500 do that a $125 or $250 doesnt?

rkt88edmo
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Cost more - lol
They can be slightly different in terms but generally a diamond is a diamond w/ the exception of Alaska inclusion. But just make sure you confirm with whoever you are buying from. As always caveat emptor. I wont even try to describe the myriad things ive seen. You need to find a seller and ask them.

AAShooter
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
are the diamond ones the only lifetime do any class you want free, for example the sub gun and machine gun classes that all I have to pay for is FrontSight ammo or will one of the 125 or $250 memberships also do that.

what does diamond for ~500 do that a $125 or $250 doesnt?

Members have been able to purchase memberships similar to their own at a variety of prices over time. Their cost may be as low as $125. This does not mean that they are willing to sell it at their cost whether it be $125, $250, or $500. Several memberships are all inclusive but the most popular is the Diamond membership. It carries the same benefits regardless of what you have to purchase it for.

As one member explained, access to FS Alaska is an add-on to most memberships. If you want to access FS Alaska, make sure to confirm it is part of the membership package you purchase from a member.

Realize that many members have these memberships with the idea of making a profit to offset the cost of their memberships (which could be in the thousands or tens of thousands of dollars). So finding a member willing to sell their Diamond memberships for $125 will be difficult. I have seen them for listed for $795 and higher.

Finally, realize that many members have upgraded their memberships to Diamond memberships and hold lesser memberships that provide only a portion of the classes that the Diamond membership offers. For many shooters, they will never attend often enough to qualify for the advanced classes or may simply have a limited interest in something like handgun only. There are plenty of those to be had and can probably be purchase at a much cheaper price.

AAShooter
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
If I'm diamond can I buy an Alaska one and upgrade?

My understanding is yes. The original Diamond membership will be placed in a "TBD" status for you or you can assign it to someone.

AAShooter
01-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I have friends with legacy memberships after they upgraded. If anybody is interested in one, PM me.

That's a perfect example. Legacy includes:

Two Day Empty Hand Defense;
Two Day Edged Weapons;

Two Day Defensive Handgun;
Two Day Tactical Shotgun;
Two Day Practical Rifle;

Four Day Defensive Handgun;
Four Day Tactical Shotgun;
Four Day Practical Rifle;

Two Day Handgun Skill Builder;
Two Day Advanced Tactical Handgun;

Four Day Handgun Combat Master Prep.

Obviously it is missing a lot of courses compared to the Diamond membership but plenty to keep you busy if you want to master the basic skills using a variety of firearms.