PDA

View Full Version : Cow Palace gun show this weekend

jerryb78
03-10-2007, 8:29 AM
Cow Palace gun show this weekend. don't forget to head that way. see you all there.

Technical Ted
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Just got back.

Arrived just after the doors opened. What a shock. Compared to the usual time I get there (11AM) the place appeared empty!

That was a good thing. I was with Pidooma and I was able to snag stuff while it was still available :D

First stop was the Miwall booth, where I picked up 5 boxes (100 rds) of Hornady 6.8 SPC 110 gr BTHP for $14.95/20 rd box. Second stop was the Miwall reloading booth where I was able to get 5k Winchester small rifle primers while they had them.

Third stop was the CWS booth to pick up a Magpul CTR. (Mike and Hector, THANKS). They had a very good assortment of AR accessories. I would have to say the best selection of QUALITY parts and accessories. Plus they weren't price gouging like so many vendors do.

After that I did my usual pattern of winding down the aisles from one end of the hall to the other.

A couple of other AR accessory dealers, but it was cheap chicom knock-off pot metal suited for airsoft.

I saw stacks of US Army published M16A2 tech manuals, operators and marksmanship training manuals going for $6-8. No excuse to add them to your libraries, maybe even increase your knowledge about the platform dramatically with only one night of light reading.

Best deals on Otis multi caliber cleaning kits was $40 at the first booth on the first aisle at the South end of the hall.

The guys selling ballistic vests were there crying wolf about a ban as usual.

On my second pass by Miwall I took a closer look at their .223 Remington/5.56 selection. $169.95 for a 500 rd case of Federal XM193. $329.95 for a 1k case of Winchester USA223R3 62 gr FMJ .223 Remington. The had some bulk Lake City M855 in 1k cans for $269.95. Federal American Eagle and Wolf, but I don't shoot them so I don't recall the price. They had a smattering of FGMM and Hornady TAP ammo, but I'm good on that.

I wound up picking up what I think is a steal nowadays. Miwall had 500 rd bulk pack ammo cans of new 55 gr FMJ for $129.95. The brass is new Winchester WCC NATO 05 headstamped with annealed shoulders, sealed and military crimped primers. Bullets are 55 FMJ with cannelure.

I'm going to pull one apart later to see if the neck is sealed.

Have to wait awhile before I can chrony these to see whether they're loaded to NATO velocities. I did put a dozen into my .223 Remington case gauge and they all fit easily and headspaced to .223 spec.

We were out of there by 10:20.

Technical Ted
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Just pulled apart one of the Miwall loads.

The neck wasn't sealed, so I'll venture to say that Miwall buys primed cases and loads them.

FWIW there was 23.7 grs of powder. For safety sake, I won't venture to speculate what it is.

billym
03-10-2007, 1:11 PM
Just got back.

I FINALLY JOINED THE NRA!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to CalGuns I am now a lot more aware of our need to be educated about our rediculous gun laws and the efforts to repeal them.
With the changes in Congress and HR1022 I thought it was time I walked the walk. Plus they made it easy 1/2 price and free admision to the show.

Inside I went straight to CWS and picked up a Stag H4 upper and an A2 buttstock assembly. To go with my Double Star lower and LPK.

Just minutes ago I completed my 1st OLL AR-15; a jouney that started last January when I found CalGuns. Thanks to they guy I met at Davis Street who showed me his new OLL and told me about CalGuns.

After CWS I was a too numb from the money I just spent so I wandered around the usual tables of old militaria, Jerky and such.
I was too distracted by the Stag Armory box under my arm.

So I bought a 20 round box of .223 and went home to "build er up".

She is done and now I want to build another.

Even though I mostly use CalGuns as a resource and don't post often I wanted to say thanks to every CalGuns member. You all contributed to my new black rifle.

Paratus et Vigilans
03-10-2007, 1:18 PM
I wanted to say thanks to every CalGuns member. You all contributed to my new black rifle.

Welcome to the ranks of the diseased! Now do your part, go out and spread BRD far and wide - and you're going to need more ammo, too! :)

billym
03-10-2007, 1:24 PM
and you're going to need more ammo, too! :)

Yes I know. I was way too "high" from my big purchase to think straight. I stood at the MiWall table with a blank stare on my face.
I am not used to spending a lot of money like that. I took me 13 months from OLL to complete rifle.
So I will plan for a big ammo purchase in the near future.

M. Sage
03-10-2007, 2:10 PM
The guys selling ballistic vests were there crying wolf about a ban as usual.

I can't wait for the thread to pop up.

WokMaster1
03-10-2007, 2:12 PM
Arrived at 10.30am. Place was pretty busy. Got my U-15, Monster grip & JP's 10/30 AK mag with lever. Good to see Michelle, Mike & Hector. Thanks for the repeat customer discount. For the life of me, I've always thought that Hector looked like Captain Morgan, well I was wrong...:D aaargghh! Forgot to pick up a muzzle brake or two.

Got 1k of Wolf 7.62 X 39 for my AK & 500 rds of Remington 223 from Miwall. Man, those guys are busy & business like. What's up with the brunette whose tank top kept slipping down her shoulder?:p

Technical Ted, I walked up to the body armor table & the lady started giving me the BS talk...... I told her that I just had dinner with Diane Fienstein last week & asked her about it & she said that it was just internet BS.....:D Man, the look on her face was priceless. If looks could kill, she would have been arrested right there on the spot by the 2 DCPD officers who couldn't stop laughing. I apologised to her for pulling her leg & told her I couldn't resist..:)

Also picked up 3 50 cal ammo cans for $14. Just spent over $700 today. Oh well, another day in paradise, right? Beautiful day, though.

gn3hz3ku1*
03-10-2007, 2:21 PM
how much was the wolf 7.62x39?

thedrickel
03-10-2007, 2:37 PM
IIRC correctly it was Wolf military classic for 179/1000 (plus tax). Missed ya there wokmeister, I was there 1-3 or so. Picked up some reloaded 308 (once-fired LC) for 33c/rd from the "ammo dump" guys. Not bad considering miwall was selling indian for 125/400+tax :eek:

bonjing
03-10-2007, 3:41 PM
It was nice finally meeting the people of CWS. I was there from open till 1330hrs. It was nice to see all the assortment of things that they had on the table. I was overwhelmed:eek:, kept going back every five minutes. There prices were a steal compared to the other OLL dealers there. Would have been nice to have met some of you other guys there too. Finally the guys I was with decided to get a few things.

Not a bad show overall though. But I wanted my dang cinnamon covered almonds :mad:.

WokMaster1
03-10-2007, 4:39 PM
how much was the wolf 7.62x39?

$169.95/1K wolf 7.62X39

$65.95/223 Remington/250 rds

And idiot me forgot to pick up 22 lr, 38 spl, 45acp & 9mm. AAAAArrrrgggghhH!!!

Carrying all that ammo across the parking lot left me mushed in the brains. Of course someone told me when I came back that Miwall has hand truck service.:mad:

I will offer carry out service for the next gunshow in Vallejo. $5 per trip. calgunners $1 off . Set up will be next to Miwall.:D

Technical Ted
03-10-2007, 4:51 PM
Carrying all that ammo across the parking lot left me mushed in the brains. Of course someone told me when I came back that Miwall has hand truck service.:mad:
You can ask them to hold your purchase until you're ready to leave, then you give them your license and they let you borrow a handtruck to bring it to your vehicle.

zorkieo
03-10-2007, 6:13 PM
did anyone see any STAG lower recievers there? at what price? any nice used 1911's?

atavuss
03-10-2007, 6:29 PM
$169.95/1K wolf 7.62X39

$65.95/223 Remington/250 rds

And idiot me forgot to pick up 22 lr, 38 spl, 45acp & 9mm. AAAAArrrrgggghhH!!!

I will offer carry out service for the next gunshow in Vallejo. $5 per trip. calgunners $1 off . Set up will be next to Miwall.:D

I should take my M274 Mule and offer carryout service for a slight fee! ;)

goldfinger
03-10-2007, 7:27 PM
if im not mistaken, CWS has some. around $130 but im not sure. i was there around 1530 and the parking lot was packed! didn't know there was also a rodeo event there. picked up some 22lr, 12 gauge & lake city 223 ammo from miwall.

did anyone see any STAG lower recievers there? at what price? any nice used 1911's?

draconianruler
03-10-2007, 9:11 PM
Was there around 12:00 and it was getting packed.
If you pay cash, do you pay the cow palace tax at Miwall? I used credit card and didn't realize I paid so much in cwo palace tax :(

ghost
03-10-2007, 9:37 PM
cant wait i`ll be there tomorrow!!!

jerryb78
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
i start off with heading to Irvington arms to pick up my AMT i bought from calgun member. then head stright to the show.

got there about 11:30 and parking lot was pack!!! there were some disney show or something going on in the next building. kids everywhere. totally did not expect this much traffic.

went in and immediately saw CWS table and i have my eye on FN tactical shot gun for 550.00 dang! that was a good price. told my self not to buy anygun so i walk away second guessing myself.

circle around a few time picking up parts to dress up my AR. i saw a dealer selling mossberg 500 for 125.00 !!! :D so i grabe it before anyone see it.

pick up some 308 ammo and after 2 hours. i finally left the show with 600 buck less. if i stay anymore, i don't think i can pay my bill this month.

not a bad show. i still regreat not buying that FN shotgun from CWS. if only i have my tax return....:(

FinweElensar
03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
I've never been to a gun show, are there any aimpoints and eotechs out there that I could fondle? I want to see the reticle...

Thanks!

anyracoon
03-11-2007, 7:42 AM
Got there a little after doors opened and headed straight to the CWS table and bought a Stag 4H upper and a RRA spare bolt/carrier group for a DPMS target barrel/ Mega M4 upper that I am putting together. Xeno waited on me. I've friend that I brought along with me bought a Stag flat top & lower kit. Bought a case of WSR primers and several bags of 55FMJBT from MilWal. I had Xeno look at a DPMS barrel for a quick questioned. It was fun to see who evers daugters those where helping out. Reminds me of my girls at that age. Who ever the father is you had better buy a good shotgun now! Over all a great show, even though I had over a two hour drive to get there.

///D
03-11-2007, 4:30 PM
Just checked it out today and left w/ a good amount of damage. Picked up the DPMS TAC-20 from Hector @ CWS as well as some 10/30 mags for my AK and AR's. Also picked up a set of black AK buttsock and forend combo.

AfricanHunter
03-11-2007, 6:21 PM
Who were the two women at the CWS booth? Are they members of the forum?

C.G.
03-11-2007, 6:46 PM

Hunting somewhere else than Africa?:D

ghost
03-11-2007, 7:04 PM
went to the show today it was alright.some empty spots that i saw,cold war shooters booth was getting alot of traffic.introduced myself to ivanimal,since i saw him before at irvington arms with his son.went to miwalls and picked some 5.56/.223 for good price,also got my compliance parts as well.it was a good hot day!!!

ghost
03-11-2007, 9:54 PM
I've never been to a gun show, are there any aimpoints and eotechs out there that I could fondle? I want to see the reticle...

Thanks!

there was a couple booths with scopes there.did you go and check them out?

PIRATE14
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
i start off with heading to Irvington arms to pick up my AMT i bought from calgun member. then head stright to the show.

got there about 11:30 and parking lot was pack!!! there were some disney show or something going on in the next building. kids everywhere. totally did not expect this much traffic.

went in and immediately saw CWS table and i have my eye on FN tactical shot gun for 550.00 dang! that was a good price. told my self not to buy anygun so i walk away second guessing myself.

circle around a few time picking up parts to dress up my AR. i saw a dealer selling mossberg 500 for 125.00 !!! :D so i grabe it before anyone see it.

pick up some 308 ammo and after 2 hours. i finally left the show with 600 buck less. if i stay anymore, i don't think i can pay my bill this month.

not a bad show. i still regreat not buying that FN shotgun from CWS. if only i have my tax return....:(

yeah...we sold it

:)

PIRATE14
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM

One is free & easy....

the other is taken....

and......they're sisters!

SigShooter
03-12-2007, 8:49 AM
It was actually a decent show this time. I'd say even better than the January show.

A big thanks to CWS for hauling their fine wares out to CA again. Thanks to them (and my Dad) I was able to finish building my first CA legal AR-15 type Off List Rifle!

While I was sitting there getting another set of ear plugs made, my pop snuck over to the CWS table and bought me a RRA Tactical CAR A4 upper as an early b-day present.

It was nice to meet Michelle, Hector and Xeno. Thanks again to all!

GI_JOE
03-12-2007, 9:06 AM
Just hit me as to how much I spent at the show, but I brought a lot of goodies home. The goodies: Stag 1H Upper, Aimpoint CompM2, AK Tapco Set, and a bunch of Kali necessities from CWS (LPKs, BBs, 10rd Mags, etc). By far, the CWS booth was one of the few booths that made going to the show worth it and definitely the booth that did the most damage to my bank account. Fine people those CWS folks are.