PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 7.62x39 Buttstock Questions

andrewak47
12-26-2011, 11:50 PM
I just recently purchased a converted Saiga 7.62x39. The FCG has been moved forward. There's a Hogue pistol grip and some nice Timbersmith wood stocks on. I cannot put my cheeks properly on the stock to get a nice aim on the irons. I want to put some T6 adjustable stocks. Am I able to just get the regular AK/WASR T6 stocks and put it on?

I remember my last WASR, it had one big screw to remove the buttstock. The wood stock that's on it now has the same big screw on top. Thanks.

andrewak47
12-27-2011, 12:24 PM
ughh no answers?

CasualGT
12-27-2011, 12:40 PM
It will work just fine. I would also take a look at kvar. Higher quality and an option for longer stock. Keep it ak looking.

jvpark
12-27-2011, 5:41 PM
When I added a stock to my Saiga Conversion, I think I had to get a Sagia stock. I think there is a flange/ tab that stick out of the Saiga reciever that is not present on normal AKs... I could be wrong because I only have experiences with Saiga.
I thought I saw a youtube video where the guy milled off the flange to mount an AK stock....

the flange between the two screw... (disregard the "A" and "B")
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/jvpark/a44b313d.png

tujungatoes
12-27-2011, 7:04 PM
Your saiga should accept any standard stamped receiver type buttstock. If you're having trouble getting under the rear sight try a nato length stock. For me, the extra 1.25" makes a big difference.

Bigtwin
12-27-2011, 7:09 PM
Your saiga should accept any standard stamped receiver type buttstock. If you're having trouble getting under the rear sight try a nato length stock. For me, the extra 1.25" makes a big difference.

I agree! Also for me it is not an issue of having long arms/being tall, I am used to typical rifle stocks in the US.