PDA

View Full Version : Dros

dicast
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM
If I got my DROS done and pickup my rifle after the 10 waiting period. do I have to have another DROS again before i can buy another rifle within a month from the DROS first summited?

Franksremote
03-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Only pistols. Go long gun happy as many times as you'd like :D

dicast
03-09-2007, 11:29 PM
So I could just go back to the same dealer and pickup another long gun (OLL) without DROS and waiting period right?

Franksremote
03-09-2007, 11:40 PM
So I could just go back to the same dealer and pickup another long gun (OLL) without DROS and waiting period right?

No, no, :eek: I misunderstood, I thought you were referring to the one in 30 day, brand new handgun law. My bad!

You have to DROS AND "cool-off" for ten days everytime you buy a new modern firearm. You can do this as often as you like for long-guns, but must wait 30 days in-between for new handgun purchases that aren't private party transfers

dicast
03-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I just got my first OLL on the first of the month and just finish it and loving it so i want another one that's why i wonder do i have to go through DROS and waiting period all over again since it haven't been 30 days. and no it's not handgun that i want.

kantstudien
03-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Because it is the law, that is why.

fairfaxjim
03-10-2007, 7:49 AM
Long guns, including OLL's, do not have a 1 per 30 day limit as do handguns. You can also DROS multiple long guns at one time on a single DROS for the same fee. I have also added another lower to a completed DROS/10 day wait on picup day (other dealer tells me that multiples must be submitted on the original DROS - no add ons at pick-up. I need to research that one.)
Once you pick up your long gun or guns, that DROS is history and you have to start over. I have done that, picked up on one DROS and started another in the same visit.