PDA

View Full Version : Question for Turner's

bill_k_lopez
12-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I currently have an 870 Express that I purchased in DROS at the Signal Hill Store - my pick update is the 2nd.

I just made a PPT deal to purchase a Marlin 336 from a guy here on CG and I'd like to know if I do the PPT at Turner's, can I include this second gun under my current DROS thus saving me from paying a second DROS fee, and allowing me to pick up both guns on the same date.

I know the scenario is possible, I have done it many times at other gun shops (i.e. purchase a gun, start DROS and then purchase more guns before picking up the first one, then walk out of the store on the pickup date with all of my guns). What I'm wondering is will Turner's allow me to do this?

The seller has agreed to meet me at the Signal Hill store to do the PPT (same store where my 870 is in jail).

Thanks.

JAGGUY
12-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Asked and answered in the "Questions you would like to ask Turners" thread starting on post 597...

Cokebottle
12-26-2011, 1:36 PM
Yup.

Short story, some FFLs will do it but Turner's is not comfortable with it.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-27-2011, 10:28 AM
I currently have an 870 Express that I purchased in DROS at the Signal Hill Store - my pick update is the 2nd.

I just made a PPT deal to purchase a Marlin 336 from a guy here on CG and I'd like to know if I do the PPT at Turner's, can I include this second gun under my current DROS ...

I know the scenario is possible, I have done it many times at other gun shops ...

What I'm wondering is will Turner's allow me to do this?...

Asked and answered in the "Questions you would like to ask Turners" thread starting on post 597...

Yup.

Short story, some FFLs will do it but Turner's is not comfortable with it.

Unfortunately, we won't, specifically because we've been told by DOJ not to do so. We know that they've had that discussion with other dealers, but it appears that other dealers either have chosen to ignore the DOJ on this or they have never asked the question nor been told not to do so otherwise- kind of a "don't ask, don't tell" scenario.

We have a few things working right now- we won't say more at this point- but this could change in the near future.