PDA

View Full Version : 9mm 115gr RN Reloaded $159/1000+Free Shipping to California, Nevada and Utah

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WeldonHunter
12-24-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.jackrossammo.com/9mm-115-gr-RN-case-of-1000-RELOADED.html

WeldonHunter
12-25-2011, 9:22 PM
Just found out shipping to California is free.

12-25-2011, 9:31 PM
Not a bad deal, I just picked up a 1000 rounds last month. saving this thread for later! Heheheh

Helixfury
12-25-2011, 9:34 PM
tagged

Nachoman
12-25-2011, 9:43 PM
Any idea if these reloads are any good?

mag360
12-26-2011, 6:38 PM
is there a coupon for free shipping, it's showing up as "calculate shipping" for $12.50, or does it go away when you purchase?

beatstanfurd
12-26-2011, 6:44 PM
Anyone with any experience with these reloads?

WeldonHunter
12-26-2011, 6:55 PM
is there a coupon for free shipping, it's showing up as "calculate shipping" for $12.50, or does it go away when you purchase?

I just talked to Chris Parker the CEO of Jack Ross today and he told me the free shipping was still going. He might have stopped that part of it. I'll have to get with him about it. I don't live in California now but I used to live in Tracy and last night I put 95376 and it showed no charge for shipping. I'll remove that from the listing until I get this figured out.

beatstanfurd
12-26-2011, 8:25 PM
If you add a case of 1000 to your cart, shipping gets calculated. I tried adding 2 cases of 500, no shipping was charged and it was a dollar cheaper to boot.

enfield168709
12-26-2011, 8:38 PM
Tried buying two 500 rounds of reloads...it worked. Shipping was NOT charged, thanks for the suggestion!

ir0nclash86
12-26-2011, 8:42 PM
Yeah, ignore the link in the OP because it calculates shipping. You gotta order the 500 round cases for the free shipping to apply.

http://www.jackrossammo.com/9mm-115-gr-RN-case-of-500-RELOADED.html

beatstanfurd
12-26-2011, 8:52 PM
Either of you two have any experience with this brand?

ir0nclash86
12-26-2011, 9:11 PM
Nope

Here are some reviews though. Some of them just say they ran great but this is everything I could find on the ammo.

9mm
http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=22262

Just got back from range, shot about 250 rds. Of the Jack Ross 9mm ammo in several guns.
Glock 22 with 9 mm conversion barrel
Sig P226
Taraus PT 1911
S&W 39
No problems in any of the guns with this ammo, I am trying to buy another 1,000 rds. If I can remember my password.

http://www.minutemanreview.com/2011/06/jack-ross-ammunition-review.html

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/jack-ross-ammunition-review-44257/

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/factory-loads/51735-jack-ross-ammo.html

http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=21898

WeldonHunter
12-26-2011, 9:58 PM
If you add a case of 1000 to your cart, shipping gets calculated. I tried adding 2 cases of 500, no shipping was charged and it was a dollar cheaper to boot.

Thanks for figuring this out. I changed the original deal. It works for now but I have a feeling that may change tomorrow.

beatstanfurd
12-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for posting the reviews. Didn't see the 9mm review, but saw the 45s. The minutemanreview review pretty much got posted on most of the different forums by the same guy.

WeldonHunter
12-27-2011, 7:15 AM
Chris from Jack Ross just got back to me and the 1000rd listing is fixed and shipping is free again on that one also. http://www.jackrossammo.com/9mm-115-gr-RN-case-of-1000-RELOADED.html?bestseller=Y

beatstanfurd
12-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Placed an order last night for 2 half cases. Looking forward to try them out. If the reloads work out and free shipping stays as one of their perks for california orders, I may have my new source for ammo. Read over at Nevada shooters forum that they are an official supplier for the state of Nevada. I'll try to dig up the link when not on my phone.

WeldonHunter
12-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Placed an order last night for 2 half cases. Looking forward to try them out. If the reloads work out and free shipping stays as one of their perks for california orders, I may have my new source for ammo. Read over at Nevada shooters forum that they are an official supplier for the state of Nevada. I'll try to dig up the link when not on my phone.

Chris is a nice guy and from what I see they're a good place to spend your money even if the shipping was $12.50 like it is for the other states. I haven't heard one bad review about his ammo either.

beatstanfurd
12-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree, $12.50 is not bad, but free sweetens the deal :)

For me, the real test is how are the reloads? I've always used new in the past and have never used reloads. Friends I go with to the range have always advised staying clear of reloads too. We'll see how they work out.

WeldonHunter
12-27-2011, 11:58 AM
I agree, $12.50 is not bad, but free sweetens the deal :)

For me, the real test is how are the reloads? I've always used new in the past and have never used reloads. Friends I go with to the range have always advised staying clear of reloads too. We'll see how they work out.

I've never shot reloads myself either but they sell new stuff also and I'd think they're made to the same standards. The ones I've been warned away from are the guys selling at gunshows and unknowns that you have no idea what kind of quality control they are using. I'm not saying you can't get get reloads from these kinds of sellers but you never know. If these guys sell to Las Vegas PD I don't think they'd get away with poor quality for long.

beatstanfurd
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Agreed. I would stay away from someone operating out of their garage. A business would have to be concerned with their reputation and image.

goldengate
12-27-2011, 2:56 PM
This is a really good deal. Going to get some even after I got a 1,000 round of the Sellier & Bellot from Cabelas last week.

beatstanfurd
12-27-2011, 3:07 PM
This is a really good deal. Going to get some even after I got a 1,000 round of the Sellier & Bellot from Cabelas last week.

Same here. Have 500 of Sellier from Cabelas but saw this deal and ordered 1000

WeldonHunter
12-27-2011, 3:50 PM
I got an email from Chris at Jack Ross today when I asked him about the shipping and he told me someone ordered 45 cases of this. I guess someone really likes it.

beatstanfurd
12-27-2011, 4:53 PM
I got an email from Chris at Jack Ross today when I asked him about the shipping and he told me someone ordered 45 cases of this. I guess someone really likes it.

That's quite the order, but most likely a range or a store. If that is an individual, they will be quite stocked for the zombie apocalypse and my new best friend.:D

beatstanfurd
12-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Appears that jackrossammo.com has exceeded their bandwidth. Getting an error 509 when trying to view their site. Was looking to get an update on my order.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

WeldonHunter
12-28-2011, 7:57 AM
Appears that jackrossammo.com has exceeded their bandwidth. Getting an error 509 when trying to view their site. Was looking to get an update on my order.

The site is back up now and they've added a bunch of new ammo and Blackhawk knives.

redbird
01-07-2012, 3:33 PM
Has anyone received their ammo?

freonr22
01-07-2012, 3:36 PM
When did u order?

huynh408
01-07-2012, 4:01 PM
i ordered on the 27th of dec, never received email or anything on shipping a week later so i decided to email and got this

"Sorry for the delay. We got a little behind with the golidays and the flood of orders. I am waiting on a shipment of brass to arrive. I expect to get your order out early next week. You will receive a ups tracking number when it ships."

freonr22
01-07-2012, 4:10 PM
Freakshow again? Selling ammo not made?

WeldonHunter
01-07-2012, 4:29 PM
The site has had this note up for a while now. ****NOTE: Due to high demand for this product, orders may take up to 14 days to ship***

When I talked to Chris Parker the CEO of Jack Ross he told me the sale was such a success they were put back a bit. He also told me that he's retooling to be able to resize his own brass. The supplier he was using upped his price for 2012 by 20% on resized brass so he's getting the equiptment to do it in house and keep the price down. He said that $159/1000rds should be the price for these from now on if it all goes right.

DuneShoot
01-07-2012, 4:33 PM
No one who ordered has received their ammo?

beatstanfurd
01-07-2012, 5:06 PM
Have not received mine yet. Would like to see the price back at $159 for future purchases. Sent email asking for an update and have not received a response yet.

Atekhed
01-07-2012, 5:15 PM
Havent received my order either nor any further information/updates.

Nachoman
01-07-2012, 6:47 PM
I got mine on Thursday, had ordered 1k of 9mm on Xmas day. Looks pretty good, even came boxed up and in trays just like normal factory ammo. I'm used to reloaded ammo coming in bags.

beatstanfurd
01-07-2012, 7:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Jack Ross wasn't expecting the number of orders they got. Not going to hold it against them for being overwhelmed by the volume.

freonr22
01-07-2012, 8:02 PM
Wad everybody bill at time of prder?

freonr22
01-07-2012, 8:03 PM
Was everybody billed at time of order?

WeldonHunter
01-07-2012, 8:22 PM
Okay everybody, I sent an email to Chris Parker CEO of Jack Ross and he's just answered it and told me to post it here. This may answer some of your questions. He was overwhelmed with orders. They didn't expect this kind of response from the sale. Please be patient, your ammo is coming. I can tell you from my experience with Chris, he's the genuine article and is a nice guy.

"Mike, my brass vendor is late on a scheduled delivery because I had to increase the order size so much. They say the brass is going out Monday. Once the brass arrives, it will take 2 days to load all the orders.

I hate making them wait because I get emails too, but I got so many orders in such a short time it kinda overloaded the system. I put a note on the site that says orders may take up to 2 weeks to ship.

To prevent this from happening again, I already started buying the equipment needed to process my own brass.

I apologize for the delay, but it is still great ammo at a great price. You can post my email if you think it will help.

Thanks

Chris"

freonr22
01-07-2012, 8:27 PM
ummm why wouldnt the chris/ceo post the email gere himself? are you a spokesperson for the company?

WeldonHunter
01-07-2012, 8:36 PM
No I'm not a spokesperson for them, I'm the one who posted this deal and am following it up. When I first posted this deal and the links were messing up and not giving free shipping I called them and got him on the phone. I figured since I posted the deal I should follow it up. Oh and besides collecting guns and ammo as a hobby I look for good deals on ammo. When I find them I share them.

freonr22
01-07-2012, 8:38 PM
those are fair statements. thanks.

since you know chris, you may urge him to communicate here to his customers

WeldonHunter
01-07-2012, 8:49 PM
those are fair statements. thanks.

since you know chris, you may urge him to communicate here to his customers

No problem. I get it all the time. Most people can't understand why someone would have a hobby of looking for good deals on ammo but I get a kick out of it. I also get to meet, well talk to, a lot of the guys we all buy ammo from and some have become good friends. Some are real nice guys, some are straight up tools. The good thing about it is I've found some smokin' deals on ammo and am stocked up. I still love it. You can see I spend most of my time in this section. When I saw these I couldn't sit on it. I knew right away it was the best deal going.

As far as him communicating with his customers I'll let him know and I think he tries to but imagine trying to keep up with all of this. Everyone wants a piece of these guys.

adrod
01-13-2012, 8:16 AM
Anyone Know the status of these orders. Ordered 1K rds of 9m on 12/28/11. No response to email now the phone # is no longer in service.

WeldonHunter
01-13-2012, 8:26 AM
Anyone Know the status of these orders. Ordered 1K rds of 9m on 12/28/11. No response to email now the phone # is no longer in service.

I just talked to Chris and he said they're loading ammo as we speak. I told him the toll free number is not working and he's going to call the phone company and get that straightened out. It should be working. Your ammo is coming. He has his new equiptment setup and this shouldn't happen in the future. If you need to talk to them the other number on their site is working.

beatstanfurd
01-13-2012, 8:27 AM

I emailed them a couple of days ago and was told that they were way behind of filling the orders. They did not expect the huge demand for their reloads. My order is suppose to be shipped by the end of this week (today.)

krispkr
01-13-2012, 8:39 AM
Hey everyone, I'm the owner of Jack Ross Ammuntion. FIrst of all, my phones still work! Call the shop at 775-857-1111 or my cell at 775-530-4239. I don't know whats going on with the 1-800 number, I'll call the phone compnay.

There was an unexpected delay in getting processed brass for 9mm. My vendor over promised and under delivered as they couldn't hang with the volume I was throwing their way. As a result, I bought my own processing equipment and I have thousands of pounds of range brass at my disposal.

Bottomline, we are laoding and shipping. Ammo is going out as we speak. I apologize for the delay. God knows I hate to disappoint customers. But with the new equipment now in place, this will be a one time delay. Thanks!

Chris
775-530-4239

P.S. Since I'm processing my own brass now, I will be dropping the price back to $159/M for reloaded 9mm, with free shipping to CA. This will be an everyday price.

db42
01-13-2012, 9:25 AM
Placed an order a few minutes ago for 50rds of reloaded 9mm to check the ammo out before I buy in bulk. $9 for 50 is only $1 lower than buying Remington 9mm at the range, but the bulk prices should save me a pretty penny especially on 45s.

When I switched the shipping method to UPS it says "Shipping $0.00"
When I went to check out, the system charged me $9.18 for shipping.

If free shipping is still going on, I'm happy to take another 50 rounds in place of a shipping refund. ;)

EDIT:

P.S. Since I'm processing my own brass now, I will be dropping the price back to $159/M for reloaded 9mm, with free shipping to CA. This will be an everyday price.

WHOA!
Wolf can't even match that price!

freonr22
01-13-2012, 9:27 AM
are credit cards charge at time of order, or when shipped?

db42
01-13-2012, 9:32 AM
are credit cards charge at time of order, or when shipped?

At time of order.
I ordered less than 30 minutes ago, and it's on my online statement now.

beatstanfurd
01-13-2012, 9:43 AM
I recall seeing that free shipping was for half case and full case orders. I'll post a link if I find it again.

please let me know if this is incorrect.

beatstanfurd
01-13-2012, 9:45 AM
To be the one stop shop for bulk ammo for shooters in Nevada, Utah and California. We're going to do this by offering outstanding quality, outstanding customer service and free shipping for case orders to California, Utah and Nevada. A $25 flat rate will be charged for case orders outside of CA, UT and NV. Normal shipping rates apply to less than case orders.

http://www.jackrossammo.com/About.html

beatstanfurd
01-13-2012, 9:47 AM

When should we expect to see this updated on the website?

db42
01-13-2012, 10:30 AM
To be the one stop shop for bulk ammo for shooters in Nevada, Utah and California. We're going to do this by offering outstanding quality, outstanding customer service and free shipping for case orders to California, Utah and Nevada. A $25 flat rate will be charged for case orders outside of CA, UT and NV. Normal shipping rates apply to less than case orders.
http://www.jackrossammo.com/About.html

Quiet beatstanfurd - You know I don't read anything before I buy stuff!

Oh well, I should have expected the test order to cost me.

Krispkr,
Is the free shipping extended to all items in an order?
IE: If I order a case of 9mm and a half case of 45, is the shipping free for both or just the 9mm?

s4alex
01-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Any plans on doing reloads for .357 and/or .38sp?

Also, when do you expect to make the drop on $ for the 9?

Any range reports from anyone that might have received their ammo?

WeldonHunter
01-17-2012, 7:54 AM
Price lowered back down to $159/1000

freonr22
01-17-2012, 8:17 AM
Did shipments start again?

WeldonHunter
01-17-2012, 9:00 AM
Yes they've been shipping as of at least the 13th according to the owner Chris Parker. That what he said in the post above anyway.

beatstanfurd
01-17-2012, 9:23 AM
My order is being delivered today.

Atekhed
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Beatstanfurd did you receive notification of shipment first?

I've emailed them over the last week with no response.

Thanks.

beatstanfurd
01-17-2012, 10:13 AM
I received an email from ups on behalf of jackrossmmo with my tracking info

keenkeen
01-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Let me chime in here with my $0.02....

I have been shooting the Jack Ross 9mm reloads for a few months now and have had great luck with it. It's as accurate as any other factory ammo I have shot and seems to shoot clean as well.

I had a order in for 1000 of the 40 S&W reloads but with the price drop I just called and added 1000 of the 45 ACP reloads and 1000 more of the 9mm reloads.

Spoke with Chris Parker on the phone and can tell you he is a very nice guy and a pleasure to order from. I expect a few weeks delay in getting the AMMO due to his backlog but you can't beat the deal.

He supports CA with free shipping and I will support him with my $$ as the quality I have seen so far has been 100% top notch.

beatstanfurd
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
He supports CA with free shipping and I will support him with my $$ as the quality I have seen so far has been 100% top notch.

I really appreciate his support for CA shooters. If my experience is good with the reloads, I plan on being a repeat customer.

What I am interested in knowing is the delays in filling orders truly behind us or do I always need to order well in advance.

keenkeen
01-17-2012, 10:42 AM
I really appreciate his support for CA shooters. If my experience is good with the reloads, I plan on being a repeat customer.

What I am interested in knowing is the delays in filling orders truly behind us or do I always need to order well in advance.

My previous orders have shipped QUICK...my current order is the first I have had a delay with.

Not a big deal to me as I try to always have more ammo than I need, when I see a good deal I jump on it even if I don't "need" the ammo right now.

I have found when you run out you can never find a good deal but if have have a small stockpile the deals seem to pop up all over the place.

beatstanfurd
01-17-2012, 10:48 AM
That's my usual SOP, but sometimes it happens that you start to run low. Down to my last 150 rounds :(

Once I test and it turns out good, I'll be getting another order in :)

mikeinla
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Why do they charge sales tax shipping to California when they are located in Reno, Nevada??

WeldonHunter
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Why do they charge sales tax shipping to California when they are located in Reno, Nevada??

As far as I know they don't. The sales tax is there by default but as soon as you put your zip code in it goes away. I just did it with zip code 95376 and the tax disappeared as well as it had free shipping. Did you actually go through the whole purchase process and see this?

beatstanfurd
01-17-2012, 9:06 PM
got it today. ordered on the 27th. stuff looks good.

keenkeen
01-18-2012, 6:26 AM

They don't...no tax outside of Nevada.

:)

pc_load_letter
01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for posting the deal!

Just put in an order for 1k.

MP

gant
01-18-2012, 4:45 PM
is the wait more than 2wks for reloads? or its about right? id be all over this deal but hate waiting while they have the money,

keenkeen
01-18-2012, 10:31 PM
They are running about 2 weeks behind as of this week according to Chris...

beanz2
01-19-2012, 4:29 PM
got it today. ordered on the 27th. stuff looks good.

Wow, that bothers me quite a bit. I also ordered 1,000 rds on Dec 27th.

I think I should give Chris a call...

EDIT:
I talked to him on the phone. He's way behind on the orders but is hiring more people to help. My order should go out on Monday

Atekhed
01-19-2012, 5:59 PM
Yeah I placed my order on the 12/28 and nothing yet. I've sent 2 emails in the last week asking for an update, guess its a phone call tomorrow to see where my order is in the queue.

freonr22
01-19-2012, 6:18 PM
Great customer service :rollseyes:

huynh408
01-19-2012, 6:54 PM
i made an order on the 12/27, got a shipment update on my order yesterday.

beatstanfurd
01-20-2012, 7:50 AM
Used 200 rounds at the range yesterday. Had 2 failure to ejects. Could be the reloads... could be user error... can't really say where the blame should go. Will update once I go back and use more.

db42
01-22-2012, 6:38 PM
Took mine to the range today, shot both the new manufacture 45 and the reloaded 9mm.

NEW MANUFACTURE 45ACP
The new manufacture 45 shot as well as Remington, which is what I normally use. No issues with feeding, accuracy, or ejection.

Conclusion: Great ammo at a very reasonable price - will definitely buy again.

RELOADED 9mm
The reloaded 9mm was . . . interesting.
It shot low. Low, as in -6 inches at 15yards. That said, it shot that way with exceptional consistency. All rounds landed within a 2 inch slit from left to right - which ended up cutting the bottom off the target board when it was removed from the holders. To test this theory, I also fired 25 rounds of PMC Bronze (bought at the range). It fired slightly up and right, but was within my desired target space with all 25 rounds within a 5 inch group.

This makes me think that the reloads were either not crimped fully, or were under powered.

Conclusion: Inconclusive - requires further testing.
These were very consistent; but they were consistently hitting low.
No functional problems whatsoever - feeding and ejection were flawless.

Tentative Conclusion:
I assume this was a fluke.
I'll be ordering more next month for further testing.

WeldonHunter
01-22-2012, 7:19 PM
Used 200 rounds at the range yesterday. Had 2 failure to ejects. Could be the reloads... could be user error... can't really say where the blame should go. Will update once I go back and use more.

Took mine to the range today, shot both the new manufacture 45 and the reloaded 9mm.

NEW MANUFACTURE 45ACP
The new manufacture 45 shot as well as Remington, which is what I normally use. No issues with feeding, accuracy, or ejection.

RELOADED 9mm
It shot low. Low, as in -6 inches at 15yards. That said, it shot that way with exceptional consistency. All rounds landed within a 2 inch slit from left to right - which ended up cutting the bottom off the target board when it was removed from the holders. To test this theory, I also fired 25 rounds of PMC Bronze (bought at the range). It fired slightly up and right, but was within my desired target space with all 25 rounds within a 5 inch group.

This makes me think that the reloads were either not crimped fully, or were under powered.

Tentative Conclusion:

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's nice to see. Not many people take the time to let others know what their experience is. It helps everyone.

sundayduffer
01-22-2012, 7:28 PM
Will test out this ammos on both 9mm and 45acp, but only when he's on par with his products.

krispkr
01-23-2012, 9:43 AM
Quiet beatstanfurd - You know I don't read anything before I buy stuff!

Oh well, I should have expected the test order to cost me.

Krispkr,
Is the free shipping extended to all items in an order?
IE: If I order a case of 9mm and a half case of 45, is the shipping free for both or just the 9mm?

Shipping is free for any case delivered to CA, but not free for small boxes.

krispkr
01-23-2012, 9:48 AM
Thanks for your patience everyone. We are way behind, but our goal is to get back to same day shipping by the end of Feb. I've hired 2 previously unemployed folks full time and bought a ton of equipment. If you place an order, it will be filled and you will receive quality ammo at rock-bottom pricing, but it may take a while.

Chris
CEO
Jack Ross Ammunition

P.S. The 1-800 will be back on Tuesday. Minor SNAFU with the phone company.

P.P.S I will look into the excessive drop and see whats going on. We use 6.0 gr of Alliant power pistol on the 9mm reloads with runs at about 1150 f/s, so being under powered shouldn't be the issue.

krispkr
01-23-2012, 10:07 AM

We should start loading .38 shortly. I just bought a Dillon Super 1050 with a PW auto drive just for .38. I use auto loaders for 9mm, .40 and .45.

gant
01-23-2012, 3:26 PM
We should start loading .38 shortly. I just bought a Dillon Super 1050 with a PW auto drive just for .38. I use auto loaders for 9mm, .40 and .45.

how much longer till you wont have delays in 9mm reloads or 45 reloads or will you always have delays for these? i want to order some 9mm reloads but the 2week wait is kind of a bummer

db42
01-23-2012, 3:30 PM
how much longer till you wont have delays in 9mm reloads or 45 reloads or will you always have delays for these? i want to order some 9mm reloads but the 2week wait is kind of a bummer

As he said two posts ago: by the end of February, they hope to have everything returned to "same day shipping".

gant
01-23-2012, 9:57 PM
oh ok didnt see that sorry

actually seen a box of jack ross 45 at the local store today! i was suprised haha, they were selling it for an outrageous price though

beatstanfurd
01-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Jack Ross Ammunition had a booth at the Cow Palace gun show this past weekend.

Nor*Cal
01-24-2012, 2:53 PM
Little off topic as I did not order 9mm reloads. I ordered new 45 Jack Ross factory ammo.

Ordered it on the 19th in the afternoon. Had to order over the phone as the site had my zip incorrectly coded as a restricted city which it is not.

Ordered half a case (500), received it today (1/24). Very good service and Chris seemed to be a nice guy. Ammo looks good.

Only minor complaint is that it came in a box designed for 1000 rounds and they only added 1 piece of bubble wrap so the ammo boxes bounced around during transit. The tray in the 4th box I opened was broken into several pieces and a few of the boxes are torn up.

I'll be trying this ammo out this Saturday along with my new SIG 1911.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/NorCaltrx450r/IMAG0452.jpg

db42
01-25-2012, 4:07 PM
Little off topic as I did not order 9mm reloads. I ordered new 45 Jack Ross factory ammo.

You shall not be disappointed sir - the new manufacture 45 is excellent.
Also - did it come with an ammo box?

Nor*Cal
01-25-2012, 4:46 PM
You shall not be disappointed sir - the new manufacture 45 is excellent.
Also - did it come with an ammo box?

Thanks for the feedback. And no, does not come with an ammo box.

Almost Illegal
01-25-2012, 5:12 PM
The site says 2 week delay...I ordered 500 rds of 9mm and 500 rds of 40 cal reloads on Dec 30. My card was charged on Jan 3rd. It has now been over 3 weeks. Emailed them with no response...

WeldonHunter
01-25-2012, 6:08 PM
The site says 2 week delay...I ordered 500 rds of 9mm and 500 rds of 40 cal reloads on Dec 30. My card was charged on Jan 3rd. It has now been over 3 weeks. Emailed them with no response...

In case you missed this post by the owner he's given not only the business phone number but his cell number. I wouldn't wait for an email I'd be calling them. Here's the post. Chris is a decent guy. He's just really backed up.

Hey everyone, I'm the owner of Jack Ross Ammuntion. FIrst of all, my phones still work! Call the shop at 775-857-1111 or my cell at 775-530-4239. I don't know whats going on with the 1-800 number, I'll call the phone compnay.

There was an unexpected delay in getting processed brass for 9mm. My vendor over promised and under delivered as they couldn't hang with the volume I was throwing their way. As a result, I bought my own processing equipment and I have thousands of pounds of range brass at my disposal.

Bottomline, we are laoding and shipping. Ammo is going out as we speak. I apologize for the delay. God knows I hate to disappoint customers. But with the new equipment now in place, this will be a one time delay. Thanks!

Chris
775-530-4239

Nirot
01-25-2012, 9:53 PM
has anyone has any problems with these rounds yet? just a little hesitant since i am a new shooter :)

db42
01-26-2012, 12:08 AM
has anyone has any problems with these rounds yet? just a little hesitant since i am a new shooter :)

As I posted on the previous page, my batch of reloaded 9mm seemed to be either under powered or improperly crimped - hence it hit significantly lower than normal ammo. This is apparently a fluke, as many other posters have reported no issues - I will be buying the ammo again to check on that possibility.

The new manufacture ammo Jack Ross produces is on par with Remington - flawless feeding, excellent performance, highly recommended.

halfemt
01-26-2012, 8:55 AM
I can understand the delay since I and probably hundreds of other people found out about this deal at the same time and inundated the company with orders.

I ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm reloads on 12/28 and received my order on 1/24. However, it looks like I got 1000 rounds of new manufacture (shiny starline brass in red boxes). I'm guessing they're shipping these out instead of reloads to alleviate the backorder issue. I don't really mined the upgrade, but I was hoping to test out the reloads since that's what I'd be ordering in the future. I'm going to give them a try this Sunday.

db42
01-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I can understand the delay since I and probably hundreds of other people found out about this deal at the same time and inundated the company with orders.

I ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm reloads on 12/28 and received my order on 1/24. However, it looks like I got 1000 rounds of new manufacture (shiny starline brass in red boxes). I'm guessing they're shipping these out instead of reloads to alleviate the backorder issue. I don't really mined the upgrade, but I was hoping to test out the reloads since that's what I'd be ordering in the future. I'm going to give them a try this Sunday.

If they came in white boxes, they're reloads - if they came in red fancy boxes, they're new manufacture.

The 9mm reloads I had looked absolutely flawless when I opened them - much nicer than any other reloads I've used before. They note that the brass can come from a variety of sources, but mine was all "Top Brass".

Nirot
01-26-2012, 1:51 PM
very good to know! thank you!

As I posted on the previous page, my batch of reloaded 9mm seemed to be either under powered or improperly crimped - hence it hit significantly lower than normal ammo. This is apparently a fluke, as many other posters have reported no issues - I will be buying the ammo again to check on that possibility.

The new manufacture ammo Jack Ross produces is on par with Remington - flawless feeding, excellent performance, highly recommended.

redbird
01-26-2012, 2:35 PM
Ordered 1k of reloads, received ammo in red boxes.

[QUOTE=db42;7920159]If they came in white boxes, they're reloads - if they came in red fancy boxes, they're new manufacture.

WeldonHunter
01-26-2012, 4:19 PM
Ordered 1k of reloads, received ammo in red boxes.

If they came in white boxes, they're reloads - if they came in red fancy boxes, they're new manufacture.

I would guess this is Chris's way of making it up to people because of the backlog of orders. I wish someone would have sent me new ammo instead of reloads. I'm jealous.

kwansao
01-26-2012, 4:29 PM
Great price just ordered some. Thanks for the heads up

Atekhed
01-26-2012, 5:38 PM
Finally received mine today after ordering almost a month ago.

White box 9mm reloads as ordered. Plan on taking some out to the range this weekend to see how they are.

DCF
01-27-2012, 11:56 PM
I placed 2 orders of 1000rds 9mm reload in the end of December and got my first order on the 25th of this month. Took a little longer than expected but mine came with red box and the quality looks top notch. Hopefully I can go to the range this sunday and try it.

emgee00
01-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Great deal right here!

socal44
01-29-2012, 5:26 AM
If Chris is the CEO, who is Jack Ross?:)
Thanks for the tip on what appears to be some good, economical ammo:yes:

WeldonHunter
01-29-2012, 6:59 AM
If Chris is the CEO, who is Jack Ross?:)
Thanks for the tip on what appears to be some good, economical ammo:yes:

Chris is also the owner. I have no idea where Jack Ross comes in. I'll have to ask him the next time I talk to him, heh. Never thought to.

CraigBos
01-29-2012, 8:20 AM
If Chris is the CEO, who is Jack Ross?

Their "About" page (http://www.jackrossammo.com/About.html) says the the company is named after the owners' youngest child.

REDdawn6
01-30-2012, 2:11 PM
does anyone know if they ship signature required? my work schedule varies and its kinds tough to be here ? tks , RD6

db42
01-30-2012, 9:07 PM
does anyone know if they ship signature required? my work schedule varies and its kinds tough to be here ? tks , RD6

Mine where dropped at my front door - so I don't think so.

WeldonHunter
01-30-2012, 9:18 PM

I'd call him and ask him to make your order signature required. It may cost a few more dollars but for piece of mind in your case it's worth it. Here's the number to the shop, 775-857-1111.

Patrick Aherne
01-30-2012, 9:43 PM
I have had good results from their new 230 grain .45 ACP ammo. I will be buying these 9mm reloads.

doki
01-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Just talked to Chris today, Very nice guy, I was curious about my order and he looked it up right away told me he was back up but order was on its way soon, Very nice and professional great guy to deal with can't wait to get my order of 1k 9mm and test them out at the range :) such a great price

salamidee
01-30-2012, 10:37 PM
did anyone really shoot these reloads yet? and how is it..if its bangs for the bucks then i like me 1k..also..pls guys..i like to know before ordering 1k of reloads.. nothing against reloads.. just always..a ???? dont want to get stuck with them..

beatstanfurd
01-31-2012, 2:18 PM
did anyone really shoot these reloads yet? and how is it..if its bangs for the bucks then i like me 1k..also..pls guys..i like to know before ordering 1k of reloads.. nothing against reloads.. just always..a ???? dont want to get stuck with them..

Can't remember if I posted this above and too lazy to go check, so sorry if its a repost.

Used 200 rounds so far. Had 2 FTE. Could have been me, could have been the reloads, so nothing conclusive. Never had an issue with the 400 rounds of Seller and Belliot so far in the same Sig 226.

I also recall the flash was a bit brighter and the Sig was a bit dirtier, but those are subjective.

Despite the 2 FTE, I plan on ordering more. The price is just too good that I'm willing to deal with some minor annoyances for range ammo.

dtm925
01-31-2012, 7:20 PM
I'd give them a try. The guy is running a small business. Buying equipment as he goes to support his growing business. This makes me happy to hear especially in this economy.

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 12:26 PM
For those of you who clicked the link to this and found an "unavailable" message I've corrected the link at the begining of this thread so it now works again. Just choose the amount you want and proceed. If you find the shipping is not free to California, Nevada or Utah I've talked to him and that's being addressed as well as the flatrate shipping to other parts of the country. He's updating the site. More growing pains.

wisefire
02-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Does he charge at the time of order or when shipped?

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Does he charge at the time of order or when shipped?

I think at the time of order from what others have said but I'm not sure. He just called me and told me the free shipping and flatrate shipping issues are supposed to be corrected. If you have any problems either post them or message me and I'll get with him about them. The comment about supporting a small business is so true. He's a good family man as well just a nice guy and except for some gliches he's working hard to get 'er done. He has a good product and he appreciates your business.

CAHighSierra
02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Its not showing free shipping after calculating to CA.

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Its not showing free shipping after calculating to CA.

I know I just saw that myself. I just called him and left a message about it. He told me it was fixed and I'm sure that's because his web people told him that. I'm watching it and will update you when it's fixed and I see it's fixed myself.

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 1:03 PM
Ok I just went back and tried something. If you go to the "select a carrier" box and chose "other carriers" it rechooses UPS as the carrier and then shows $0.00 shipping. I went to the check out and it stayed that way. It's just a glich. I'm calling him again about it.

Atekhed
02-01-2012, 1:09 PM
I was charged at the time of order so I assume that is their regular procedure. This definetly needs to be corrected as my order took a month to arrive from time of order.

Yes I realize they were swamped to due to unexpected demand due to their very nice pricing/free shipping but until they smooth things out on their end an order shouldnt be charged and billed until it is shipped as a standard business practice.

While I havent shot any of them yet, I've inspected a number of boxes and they look as nice as some of my factory loads.

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 1:57 PM
I was charged at the time of order so I assume that is their regular procedure. This definetly needs to be corrected as my order took a month to arrive from time of order.

Yes I realize they were swamped to due to unexpected demand due to their very nice pricing/free shipping but until they smooth things out on their end an order shouldnt be charged and billed until it is shipped as a standard business practice.

While I havent shot any of them yet, I've inspected a number of boxes and they look as nice as some of my factory loads.

This was brought up earlier in this thread. I know from purchases online with not only ammo but most things as soon as you click the buy button the card issuser places a hold on that amount and it will show on your online statement as pending until the sale is complete, which can take days.

Atekhed
02-01-2012, 2:26 PM
This was brought up earlier in this thread. I know from purchases online with not only ammo but most things as soon as you click the buy button the card issuser places a hold on that amount and it will show in you online statement as pending until the sale is complete, which can take days

In this case I received my CC statement before I received the ammo and the charge was already on my card for the billing period indicated (ordered on 12/29, CC cycle closed on 1/19, received CC bill on 1/24 with charge posted, received ammo on 1/27). So this indicates they are charging at time of the order being placed, not a hold as most retailers do as you indicate is a normal business practice.

Again not meant to start an argrument, just to answer the earlier question someone asked about if they charge at time of order and it appears they do.

Given their unexepected growing pains I can believe this may not be an issue once they come up to speed on things.

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 2:47 PM
In this case I received my CC statement before I received the ammo and the charge was already on my card for the billing period indicated (ordered on 12/29, CC cycle closed on 1/19, received CC bill on 1/24 with charge posted, received ammo on 1/27). So this indicates they are charging at time of the order being placed, not a hold as most retailers do as you indicate is a normal business practice.

Again not meant to start an argrument, just to answer the earlier question someone asked about if they charge at time of order and it appears they do.

Given their unexepected growing pains I can believe this may not be an issue once they come up to speed on things.

Heh, I know you're not trying to start an arguement. It's one of the drawbacks of the internet and not being in person to talk about this stuff. Body language, tone of voice and intent are lost. If you didn't mention it no one would know to be concerned about it. I asked him about it and haven't heard back. If he doesn't address it I'll bring it back up with him the next time we talk, ok. He's so concentrated on the website update right now I'm sure he's preoccupied. That and we've been playing phone tag for hours about the free shipping problem which seems to be fixed now. That's after I brought it to his attention that all the old links to the deals were no longer working because they'd moved them all so places like forums or guys that had saved a link to a deal would click the link and get a not available message. That's also been fixed.

CAHighSierra
02-01-2012, 4:44 PM
I know I just saw that myself. I just called him and left a message about it. He told me it was fixed and I'm sure that's because his web people told him that. I'm watching it and will update you when it's fixed and I see it's fixed myself.

Appreciate that, would like to place an order but don't wanna pay shipping :)

CAHighSierra
02-01-2012, 4:46 PM
Ok I just went back and tried something. If you go to the "select a carrier" box and chose "other carriers" it rechooses UPS as the carrier and then shows $0.00 shipping. I went to the check out and it stayed that way. It's just a glich. I'm calling him again about it.

Just figured this out, user error :facepalm:

CAHighSierra
02-01-2012, 5:02 PM
I'm trying to check out and it has added a fee for UPS to CA.

mikeinla
02-01-2012, 5:13 PM
Heh, I know you're not trying to start an arguement. It's one of the drawbacks of the internet and not being in person the talk about this stuff. Body language, tone of voice and intent are lost. If you didn't mention it no one would know to be concerned about it. I asked him about it and haven't heard back. If he doesn't address it I'll bring it back up with him the next time we talk, ok. He's so concentrated on the website update right now I'm sure he's preoccupied. That and we've been playing phone tag for hours about the free shipping problem which seems to be fixed now. That's after I brought it to his attention that all the old links to the deals were no longer working because they'd moved them all so places like forums or guys that had saved a link to a deal would click the link and get a not available message. That's also been fixed.

PROBLEM!!!!
I placed my order a few weeks ago, he charged my card that day. I have since PAID my credit card bill with THAT charge on it. I emailed him 3 days ago and he has not responded.
So I have ALREADY paid for the ammo but do not have it. I called my credit card company and they said that is illegal charge my card like that

gant
02-01-2012, 5:37 PM
enough with email have you tried using something called a telephone? lol sorry i dont wanna sound like a jack ***** but alot of ppl forget to use the phone and rely on a guy sitting on a computer all day waiting on emails

but that is shady charging cards and waiting to be shipped!, thats why i never ordered the reloads from him as soon as i saw the 2 week waiting time and he charges as soon as you order i said screw that i dont like my money sitting somewhere while i get no product he needs to change policy WONT CHARGE UNTIL SHIP

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 5:59 PM
PROBLEM!!!!
I placed my order a few weeks ago, he charged my card that day. I have since PAID my credit card bill with THAT charge on it. I emailed him 3 days ago and he has not responded.
So I have ALREADY paid for the ammo but do not have it. I called my credit card company and they said that is illegal charge my card like that

The problem I was referring to in this post was a problem he was having with the website today because he's doing upgrades and the people who do this for him didn't put the free shipping feature back in place. I was answering a post where someone said it was charging them for shipping in California, not talking about the back up he has. He's working 6 days a week to catch up.

Now I agree with Gant you need to call them but if it's only been a few weeks then it's probably coming soon. As a matter of fact I'll go you one better. Here's his personal cell phone number, 775 530 4239. While you're talking to him you can discuss what a lot of others seem to be pissed about and that's the charging of credit cards and not recieving your product. None of this would even be an issue if this deal wasn't so popular. Everyone wants it and it's because he's priced this stuff lower than anyone else period. This deal is now the fourth most viewed deal ever in this section of the forum. Call him and talk to him. He's a nice guy and isn't scamming anyone. He's simply overwhelmed with orders. Let us know how it goes if you can.

beatstanfurd
02-01-2012, 7:15 PM
It could be that the billing system in place on his web site is setup to automatically bill once an order is placed. It probably needs to be reconfigured to put a hold instead of a charge. If their automated system can't handle that, they may need to change systems.

I really don't think its some shady business practice of theirs, just their automated systems is not setup properly... or maybe I'm way off and they do have someone sitting in some dimly lit backroom running all your card numbers as orders come in while cackling some maniacal laugh...

As mentioned above, pick up the phone and call. Just remember with small businesses, they probably have everyone filling orders now, so the more time the employees are on the phone answering calls, less orders are being filled.

WeldonHunter
02-01-2012, 8:27 PM
It could be that the billing system in place on his web site is setup to automatically bill once an order is placed. It probably needs to be reconfigured to put a hold instead of a charge. If their automated system can't handle that, they may need to change systems.

I really don't think its some shady business practice of theirs, just their automated systems is not setup properly... or maybe I'm way off and they do have someone sitting in some dimly lit backroom running all your card numbers as orders come in while cackling some maniacal laugh...

As mentioned above, pick up the phone and call. Just remember with small businesses, they probably have everyone filling orders now, so the more time the employees are on the phone answering calls, less orders are being filled.

LMAO, I like that, " maybe I'm way off and they do have someone sitting in some dimly lit backroom running all your card numbers as orders come in while cackling some maniacal laugh..." Thanks I needed a laugh. No trust me he's not doing that and nobody else is. He told me he's hired two new employee's and his wife is now helping in the office with answering phones as well as other business because of this as well as working 6 days a week to catch up. As he stated in an earlier post in this thread he should be completely caught up by the end of this month so this won't be an issue after that. The problem is this is such a great deal he still has orders pouring in and you guys here helped do that. Over 5100 people have viewed this thread so you can only imagine how many orders he has for this stuff. Let alone that he has other calibers to make.

johnjohn301
02-02-2012, 1:20 PM
Waiting is ok. I just hope the quality doesn't suffer due to the tremendous demand

Was thinking the same thing - :confused:

Atekhed
02-02-2012, 8:23 PM
Went to the range today and ran 250 rounds of the reloads through my G19.

Only one FTE out of all the rounds fired. Accuracy was on par with the WWB and Federal value pack stuff I shot also for comparison (50 rounds of each type).

I'll reserve final judgement until I've gone through the whole 1k rounds I bought but other than the single FTE it appears to be good stuff.

I may bring some to a pistol class this weekend but since my local ranges don't allow Wolf and I have 1000 rounds of it to burn that may not happen.

Nachoman
02-02-2012, 9:34 PM
You guys need to remember that you're dealing with a mom and pop shop that is trying to keep up with a sudden influx of orders. You shouldn't be expecting Amazon.com-like efficiency here. While we can whine about how things aren't going perfect, keep in mind that this guy is trying to support us gun-owners as best he can. That in itself should afford him the benefit of the doubt. Just chill out everyone...

WeldonHunter
02-02-2012, 10:23 PM
You guys need to remember that you're dealing with a mom and pop shop that is trying to keep up with a sudden influx of orders. You shouldn't be expecting Amazon.com-like efficiency here. While we can whine about how things aren't going perfect, keep in mind that this guy is trying to support us gun-owners as best he can. That in itself should afford him the benefit of the doubt. Just chill out everyone...

And he's a site sponsor.

pc_load_letter
02-04-2012, 9:30 PM
I think this clearly shows how business owners need to take econ 101, supply and demand. The demand is there (since he advertised a great deal) but sadly the supply is not. Look for others to take their business elsewhere (Bullet_Man) if they can't get orders out.

In time, I'm sure his supply will go back up as he raises prices to keep up with production demands.

I ordered a couple weeks ago. Will give it one more week until I request my cc credited back.

wisefire
02-04-2012, 11:05 PM
I think this clearly shows how business owners need to take econ 101, supply and demand. The demand is there (since he advertised a great deal) but sadly the supply is not. Look for others to take their business elsewhere (Bullet_Man) if they can't get orders out.

In time, I'm sure his supply will go back up as he raises prices to keep up with production demands.

I ordered a couple weeks ago. Will give it one more week until I request my cc credited back.

His phone number is posted, give him a call if you have waited couple weeks. The website does say a 2 week wait so if it been like 3-4 weeks then just make a simple phone call.

WeldonHunter
02-05-2012, 9:02 AM

The thing is this started out as a Black Friday special and because it was so successful he decided to keep it going. He sold 150,000rds initially. He did put the disclaimer on the site about the 14 day wait until shipping orders after the initial sale. He actually put the price back to normal for a while as he was trying to catch up. With an impending rise in price from his resized brass supplier and frustration over the same supplier not filling his orders he went ahead an purchased his own resizing equiptment and lined up a large relaible source of range brass so he could lower the price back down to the sale price and make that the normal price. His goal is affordable ammo for people. Like Wisefire said if it's been roughly 3 weeks call him. This is his personal cell number, 775 530 4239. He may surprise you.

CAHighSierra
02-05-2012, 2:16 PM
Just put in my order, FREE shipping to CA works like a charm.

JNunez23
02-05-2012, 5:22 PM
Nice, will be ordering today. That's a killer deal. Good ammo anyone??

redbird
02-05-2012, 6:21 PM
Just be patient, everyone will get their ammo. I ordered reloads and received new manufactured ammo. Had to wait about 3 weeks but it was worth it.

Atekhed
02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Just ran about 750 rounds of the 9mm reloads through a 2 day pistol course, no FTE/FTF's. Worked as well as any similar factory range ammo others were using. Definetly good to go.

My only complaint and something the owner needs to fix given the awareness of the high demand/slow supply situation is changing from charging CC's at time of order to only charging when the order is ready to ship.

Saying that, the owner has made buyers aware of the long ship times upfront so buyers need to take that into account when ordering. Hopefully they catch up on things as I definetly will be ordering from them in the future.

pc_load_letter
02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Just called and left a message and sent an email to "Sales". Hopefully will hear back today.

I don't really thinks it's appropriate to call his cell phone. If he doesn't have anyone answering the phone at the shop, it's really easy with the phone company to have that rolled over to a cell.

Regards.

The thing is this started out as a Black Friday special and because it was so successful he decided to keep it going. He sold 150,000rds initially. He did put the disclaimer on the site about the 14 day wait until shipping orders after the initial sale. He actually put the price back to normal for a while as he was trying to catch up. With an impending rise in price from his resized brass supplier and frustration over the same supplier not filling his orders he went ahead an purchased his own resizing equiptment and lined up a large relaible source of range brass so he could lower the price back down to the sale price and make that the normal price. His goal is affordable ammo for people. Like Wisefire said if it's been roughly 3 weeks call him. This is his personal cell number, 775 530 4239. He may surprise you.

WeldonHunter
02-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Just called and left a message and sent an email to "Sales". Hopefully will hear back today.

I don't really thinks it's appropriate to call his cell phone. If he doesn't have anyone answering the phone at the shop, it's really easy with the phone company to have that rolled over to a cell.

Regards.

Calling his cell number is no problem. Earlier in this thread he posted and said to call it if you couldn't reach anyone in the shop. He's ok with it.

Atekhed
02-06-2012, 2:25 PM
As above definetly call his cell as the owner has provided it himself on here.

Emailing or calling the mainline did nothing for me (I never received a response from either when checking on my order). Everyone is probably out on the shop floor cranking out ammo to meet the swell of demand they have received due to their very nice pricing/shipping.

DuneShoot
02-06-2012, 6:02 PM
Has anyone tried the Jack Ross .45 ammo?
Reason I ask is I am about to pick up a Sig 1911. I bought 2 boxes of Federal .45 at Walmart a while back to try in friends 45's. One was a Para 1911 and the other a Colt Double eagle. It had FTF's in both where as the owners of the guns ammo (forget what it was but it was 2 different brands) worked perfectly. I'd like to order 1000 rounds of Jack Ross .45 but would like some real world experience.

DuneShoot
02-06-2012, 6:02 PM
Reason I ask is I am about to pick up a Sig 1911. I bought 2 boxes of Federal .45 at Walmart a while back to try in friends 45's. One was a Para 1911 and the other a Colt Double eagle. It had FTF's in both where as the owners of the guns ammo (forget what it was but it was 2 different brands) worked perfectly. I'd like to order 1000 rounds of Jack Ross .45 but would like some real world experience.

WeldonHunter
02-06-2012, 7:17 PM

Post #79

NEW MANUFACTURE 45ACP

RELOADED 9mm

Tentative Conclusion:

sdukeric
02-07-2012, 3:00 AM
Ok I feel better I thought I was the only one stuck in waiting limbo. I tried calling for a week straight, just to get status. No answers, no reply back to emails. etc etc.

Vacation maybe? I don't know..still not cool to not be able to get a hold of someone from the shop. I guess I will just wait some more. Hopefully the ammo is worth it. Only other competition on pricing is Ventura Muntions and their price is about 45.00 more shipped.

SgtJT27
02-07-2012, 6:43 AM
hmmmm, with all the things going on, I think i'll wait until everything smooths over. Great deal on ammo though.

WeldonHunter
02-07-2012, 8:11 AM
Ok I feel better I thought I was the only one stuck in waiting limbo. I tried calling for a week straight, just to get status. No answers, no reply back to emails. etc etc.

Vacation maybe? I don't know..still not cool to not be able to get a hold of someone from the shop. I guess I will just wait some more. Hopefully the ammo is worth it. Only other competition on pricing is Ventura Muntions and their price is about 45.00 more shipped.

Trust me they're not on vacation and the reason you're not reaching them is because they're in the shop making and packaging ammo. They've gone to 6 days a week full out with his wife now helping and two new employees. This has got to be the most popular deal on any ammo going at the moment. Hell it's the best deal comparitively speaking to any deal I've seen in a long time. I've talked to Rudy at Freedom Muntions and he's also working on the shipping issue to try to bring the cost down. It's a problem with FedEx. Remember that Freedom Munitions ships out of Idaho and Jack Ross ships out of Nevada.

BajaJames83
02-07-2012, 8:14 AM
i think it might be time for me to order, ive been watching for a while. I am all about supporting a good US made product and small business.

pc_load_letter
02-07-2012, 8:38 AM
No answer on his cell and no answer at the number on the web site. Bummer.

I will give it a couple more days then just do the charge back with my CC vendor.

MP

sdukeric
02-07-2012, 3:15 PM
Trust me they're not on vacation and the reason you're not reaching them is because they're in the shop making and packaging ammo. They've gone to 6 days a week full out with his wife now helping and two new employees. This has got to be the most popular deal on any ammo going at the moment. Hell it's the best deal comparitively speaking to any deal I've seen in a long time. I've talked to Rudy at Freedom Muntions and he's also working on the shipping issue to try to bring the cost down. It's a problem with FedEx. Remember that Freedom Munitions ships out of Idaho and Jack Ross ships out of Nevada.

Well good to know. I really don't mind waiting and I understand them being busy. But it was just the fact that there is absolutely zero communication with customers. It is my first time buying with them so I need to feel things out..and when my calls and emails are ignored. Well you get the point. It takes 10 seconds to email a quick status, and that helps to make the customer feel more comfortable, especially with reloaded ammo.

I'm glad there are supporters of them that can testify, so we can get some clarity at least.

maxpowerpc2000
02-07-2012, 3:23 PM
Same here, been waiting for a little over 3 weeks now and no answer. Might have to do a charge back...

sdukeric
02-07-2012, 3:33 PM
I've talked to Rudy at Freedom Muntions and he's also working on the shipping issue to try to bring the cost down. It's a problem with FedEx. Remember that Freedom Munitions ships out of Idaho and Jack Ross ships out of Nevada.

But if I have to wait a month to receive my ammo compared to 45.00 more and I will have it in a week. Then there is a benefit to buying from Freedom. I'll wait and see how things pan out with Jack Ross though. I'm already committed to this deal.

WeldonHunter
02-07-2012, 3:56 PM
No answer on his cell and no answer at the number on the web site. Bummer.

I will give it a couple more days then just do the charge back with my CC vendor.

MP

To those of you who posted after this I've forwarded this to him. When I got the email alert from Calguns this morning it's the first thing I did. I'm not making excuses for him but though it does only take a few minutes to answer an email mulitply that by who knows how many he's getting. Maybe hundreds. I know for a fact he's slammed and doing everything he can to catch up. The only other option would be to raise the price which he absolutely doesn't want to do or out of stock this until he's caught up and he doesn't want to do that either if he can help it. I've never seen a deal with so much demand. I can only imagine what it's like at his shop.

sdukeric
02-07-2012, 4:06 PM
No worries for me..I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm just saying a little P.R. goes a long way to keep new customers. Busy is busy..and that's great. But when a customer feels like you took his money and is dodging calls, there you go. Sure it takes a little bit of time but on a business stand point (me having been a small business owner myself) Customer relations is just as important as getting your orders out.

This helps to build long standing customers that will help with that such as yourself. Honestly if you never posted anything to my response, I would have wrote off Jack Ross Ammo already.

pc_load_letter
02-07-2012, 9:03 PM
Right^^^

And tonight I noticed the charge on my CC bill. Thought he wasn't running charges until item shipped?

Never the less, I appreciate your help Weldon. It's appreciated but for $20 more, I could have my ammo by now from Bullet_Man. One more day is all I'll give him.

pc_load_letter
02-08-2012, 9:18 AM
Still no answer on the cell phone. Left message. We'll see if he calls back. If nothing by the end of business today, I will contact Citi to perform the chargeback.

Regards,

MP

pc_load_letter
02-08-2012, 9:18 AM
Still no answer on the cell phone. Left message. We'll see if he calls back. If nothing by the end of business today, I will contact Citi to perform the chargeback.

Regards,

MP

Modimo
02-08-2012, 9:33 AM
I got my ammo at the 5 week mark I believe. Solid deal, wish they charged when shipped (would alleviate a lot of the frustration), however super nice guy on the phone and everything looks solid (haven't test fired yet).

engi
02-08-2012, 9:57 AM
Still waiting as well. No response from the "Contact us" link of their site.

WeldonHunter
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't blame anyone for doing what they feel they have to do. I've told you all that I know. Nothing's changed. He's still catching up. I just called him to let him know I'd forwarded that earlier CalGuns alert in case he has a filter on his email and didn't get it. That's about as much as I can do right now. I don't want to further tie him up and take him from putting ammo out.

asm777
02-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Placed two orders within 4 days. If the order #s are being issued in sequence, there were at ~ 80 orders between my two. Lots of demand, hope supply catches up soon. I'm not expecting to see my shipments until the end of the month... but worth it for the price!

Mike L
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know the specs on this ammo? What is the fps?

pc_load_letter
02-08-2012, 1:41 PM
So are you actually reaching him on his cell? I've been calling every half-hour all day since 8:30 am. Left numerous messages.

Is he screening his calls? Never the less, I give up.

MP

I wouldn't blame anyone for doing what they feel they have to do. I've told you all that I know. Nothing's changed. He's still catching up. I just called him to let him know I'd forwarded that earlier CalGuns alert in case he has a filter on his email and didn't get it. That's about as much as I can do right now. I don't want to further tie him up and take him from putting ammo out.

WeldonHunter
02-08-2012, 2:02 PM
So are you actually reaching him on his cell? I've been calling every half-hour all day since 8:30 am. Left numerous messages.

MP

No I left a message same as you. I haven't actually talked to him for about a week.

pc_load_letter
02-08-2012, 2:13 PM
Finally got ahold of him!!.....cancelled order

emgee00
02-08-2012, 2:18 PM

MP

No offense man but you would make me want to screen my calls and just refund your $$. Like I said, no offense but your statement seems a little over the top to deal with :rolleyes:

freonr22
02-08-2012, 2:55 PM
No offense man but you would make me want to screen my calls and just refund your $$. Like I said, no offense but your statement seems a little over the top to deal with :rolleyes:

Charging for a product an no communication and no performance, what should happen?

keenkeen
02-08-2012, 5:09 PM
Finally got ahold of him!!.....cancelled order

Nice...Moves me that much closer to getting my order. :D

markgrubb
02-08-2012, 5:15 PM
Data Point: Ordered 1K 9mm reloads Jan. 15 and got them yesterday 02.07. They appear completely professional and I will report back after shooting them this weekend.

Cancel your order if the transaction is too much drama for your life. I am sure that the owner of Jack Ross is far more unhappy than any of us (phone call from 1 purchaser every 0.5 hours?) and is probably working way too much for his health to boot.

This phenomena has happened several times to ammo dealers who advertise a killer deal here and promptly get buried by demand. It is a well known axiom that the second most common phenomena to kill start-up businesses is too much success too quickly.

I concur that businesses should not charge CC's prior to ship but looking at the problem from JR's perspective, he probably needs every dime he can get his hands on to up the production rate ASAP.

Give the guy a break. He is trying to start a small business in the Toughest of Times and is offering a valuable product at a great price.

Cancel or be patient. Pick one.

pc_load_letter
02-08-2012, 5:35 PM
Why give the guy a break?? We're giving him good money for a product that he is waffling on delivering. Again, he tells people on Calguns to call his cell, I call his cell, leave a message at 10am and by 4pm, still nothing. No reply on email, no one answering the number on the website. If this had been a purchase for an AR, I'm sure this guy would be drawn and quartered when people didn't get their firearms in time.

There is no question the product is good and he's a good guy but taking peoples money then saying...two weeks, no, three, no four??

I'm glad the ammo is top notch! So is Bullet_Man's, and when I order from him, I get it the next day. He even ships it before I've completed the PayPal.

Competition is good so I hope he (Jack Ross Ammo) stays around for a long long time and best of luck to him.

Data Point: Ordered 1K 9mm reloads Jan. 15 and got them yesterday 02.07. They appear completely professional and I will report back after shooting them this weekend.

Cancel your order if the transaction is too much drama for your life. I am sure that the owner of Jack Ross is far more unhappy than any of us (phone call from 1 purchaser every 0.5 hours?) and is probably working way too much for his health to boot.

This phenomena has happened several times to ammo dealers who advertise a killer deal here and promptly get buried by demand. It is a well known axiom that the second most common phenomena to kill start-up businesses is too much success too quickly.

I concur that businesses should not charge CC's prior to ship but looking at the problem from JR's perspective, he probably needs every dime he can get his hands on to up the production rate ASAP.

Give the guy a break. He is trying to start a small business in the Toughest of Times and is offering a valuable product at a great price.

freonr22
02-08-2012, 5:44 PM
The problem I was referring to in this post was a problem he was having with the website today because he's doing upgrades and the people who do this for him didn't put the free shipping feature back in place. I was answering a post where someone said it was charging them for shipping in California, not talking about the back up he has. He's working 6 days a week to catch up.

Now I agree with Gant you need to call them but if it's only been a few weeks then it's probably coming soon. As a matter of fact I'll go you one better. Here's his personal cell phone number, 775 530 4239. While you're talking to him you can discuss what a lot of others seem to be pissed about and that's the charging of credit cards and not recieving your product. None of this would even be an issue if this deal wasn't so popular. Everyone wants it and it's because he's priced this stuff lower than anyone else period. This deal is now the fourth most viewed deal ever in this section of the forum. Call him and talk to him. He's a nice guy and isn't scamming anyone. He's simply overwhelmed with orders. Let us know how it goes if you can.

Why give the guy a break?? We're giving him good money for a product that he is waffling on delivering. Again, he tells people on Calguns to call his cell, I call his cell, leave a message at 10am and by 4pm, still nothing. No reply on email, no one answering the number on the website. If this had been a purchase for an AR, I'm sure this guy would be drawn and quartered when people didn't get their firearms in time.

There is no question the product is good and he's a good guy but taking peoples money then saying...two weeks, no, three, no four??

I'm glad the ammo is top notch! So is Bullet_Man's, and when I order from him, I get it the next day. He even ships it before I've completed the PayPal.

Competition is good so I hope he (Jack Ross Ammo) stays around for a long long time and best of luck to him.
You are wrong pc loadletter...

He had his employee provide his cell number. He has what, 1, maybe two posts in the thread? I am just saying, zero communication all the way around, and many positive posts from people with little post history, or posts mainly inn this thread. It does not smell right, or at the minimum, extremely poor execution.

WeldonHunter
02-08-2012, 6:08 PM
I have to say one thing about you guys. For the most part you're supportive. I know it's hard waiting. We're helping out a fellow forum member as well as a sponsor, a small business man that is also vet. In the end I think helping Jack Ross succeed will be benifical to all.

WeldonHunter
02-08-2012, 6:21 PM
You are wrong pc loadletter...

He had his employee provide his cell number. He has what, 1, maybe two posts in the thread? I am just saying, zero communication all the way around, and many positive posts from people with little post history, or posts mainly inn this thread. It does not smell right, or at the minimum, extremely poor execution.

He has 4 posts actually and he posted his cell number himself not an employee. This is the post he made below and it's #48 on the second page of this thread. There's nothing funny going on I can assure you.

"Hey everyone, I'm the owner of Jack Ross Ammuntion. FIrst of all, my phones still work! Call the shop at 775-857-1111 or my cell at 775-530-4239. I don't know whats going on with the 1-800 number, I'll call the phone compnay.

Chris
775-530-4239

P.S. Since I'm processing my own brass now, I will be dropping the price back to $159/M for reloaded 9mm, with free shipping to CA. This will be an everyday price."

freonr22
02-08-2012, 6:22 PM
Thx I accept my mistake

orangeusa
02-08-2012, 6:35 PM
Wow, tough crowd. This is a great price on ammo, and it says on the website it will take up to 4 weeks. I'll wait for that price. I searched about and a lot of sites seem to be sold out.

These are reloads - range ammo. And if it's like ammo I buy from name brand reloaders - it's just fine.

Crap I forgot to look for 38 spl..

markgrubb
02-08-2012, 6:44 PM
I've been Busted by Freonr22! Wow that was some detective work! :D

I confess! I am an industrial mole! I joined CG in 2005 using my actual name and conducted 4 gun transactions for the express purpose of shilling for JR Ammo in 2012.

The owner of JR joined the military years ago to get some credibility for his multi-thousand dollar ammo scam. WeldonHunter, and the others are on the "take" for tens of dollars!

The JR ammo I am currently jamming in my mags is a mirage.

And no other small business or any of us has ever had start-up teething problems or poor comm's.

Do CFC's such as Freon typically encourage conspiracy theories and paranoia?

maxpowerpc2000
02-08-2012, 6:58 PM

I ordered mine in December and you get yours first!! :( Lukcy i say

freonr22
02-08-2012, 7:57 PM
Mark, pm sent

WeldonHunter
02-08-2012, 8:52 PM
Ok I just heard back from Chris. He told me his phone is ringing constantly and he's getting hundreds of emails a day but he's focusing on making ammo. He knows at this point that's not the best customer service but he's trying make his customers happy by actually making the ammo and getting it to them. Remember he's also making other calibers too. He said he's also had tons of orders for .40 cal and tomorrow he's making 100,000rds of 9mm. I don't know how many machines he has but I do know one machine cranks out roughly 6000rds an hour. That's a long day. He also reminded me he has Sellier & Bellot and reloading supplies for sale with same day shipping for those who don't want to wait.

I have to say this also. I'm doing this as a follow up because I listed this stuff and know Chris to be a stand up guy. For those of you that know me looking for deals on firearm related stuff and mostly ammo is a hobby of mine. I'm no shill. Look at the other deals I have listed in this forum. I simply saw a good deal and listed it. I know a lot of these guys that sell ammo. Either from buying from them or my work on gun-deals.com. My only interest is to help people find decent prices from good vendors.

One other thing I should point out is through my work on gun-deals.com I watch ammo price trends and I'm seeing prices slowly creeping upwards. I noticed it starting a few weeks ago. Take it for what it's worth. I hope it's not a continuing trend and I'm watching to see if it is. If you want to confirm this you can view the price history of ammo listed on gun-deals.com. Look here http://gun-deals.com/deals/9996 down the page you'll see the deals price history. Every ammo deal listed on gun-deals has this.

keenkeen
02-09-2012, 8:27 AM
Thanks for the update WeldonHunter.

I am glad to hear that they are cranking the production lines over @ Jack Ross...I am sure they will get caught up and things will even out in the long run. I would rather have them focusing on getting caught up instead of taking phone call after phone call and explaining why they are behind.

I for one don't mind waiting. I have ammo to shoot and if I need ammo on a set timeline I would pick some up at Walmart. I also don't mind that they take pmt when you place the order but I can see how that miffs some people.

I will stick with ordering from Jack Ross but do it with my eyes open to the timing one should expect and their billing practices.

Just posting my $0.02 to let Chris @ Jack Ross know that not eveyone on Calguns is ready with pitchforks and torches becuase they have more orders than they can handle.

:D

indobos72
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
WeldonHunter, great work with keeping people updated. I appreciate the fact that you are looking for the best deals for Calgunners. And the fact that you are working with the Seller to make sure that something you posted goes well. Big Ups in my book for that. If you want to save some cash on ammo being sent directly to you. This is it, if you need ammo in a hurry, cough up the premium prices. I will definitely order from here if I am in no rush. I usually use Serg, but this is a good alternative source. Appreciate you working with Chris and getting answers.

On a side note, I do also understand that it would be good for them to charge after it ships.

mr2lor
02-09-2012, 1:25 PM
Awesome deal, ordered a case of 500 9mm reloaded....don't mind waiting for a month or being charged before shipping...

allright
02-09-2012, 1:54 PM
Just ordered 500 rnds 9mm reloads. Site says ship in 14 days, and I'm prepared for a longer wait if need be.

I'll do my best to post a review after 100 rnds of use.

gcm
02-09-2012, 4:03 PM
There's a comparable deal I found through gun-deals.com from Freedom Munitions. Prices are very similar JR after you deduct the 10% off coupon code, $161.18 shipped for reman 9mm 1k rounds.

http://gun-deals.com/deals/11107

I have an order I placed with JR on 01/18 I'm still waiting on but I'm considering ordering this as well to tide me over.

sdukeric
02-09-2012, 6:01 PM
I finally got my shipment. 23 Days. Good looking ammo. I will try them out this weekend. I guess if you don't mind the wait it's a great deal. If you are a first time buyer of them like I was this shipment, trying to get a hold of them is impossible. But don't fret, you will get your ammo.

I am not completely sold though, there is a bitter taste in my mouth for being left in the dark, not knowing the status of my order and the wait time. Wait time is not so much an issue. If I had just gotten an email or something letting me know what's going on, that is all I need.

There are other competitors out there that charge only 23.00 more with shipping. And the turn around is about 5 days. Plus the customer service (as far as contacting the seller and getting replies) was much faster. I get replies the next day.

I am sure Jack Ross ammo is a very good company as well as the people. And kudos for the great deal. I know businesses have hiccups and such. Hopefully if things get smoothed out over there, I could do more business with them. But first time business makes or breaks a deal. Maybe my next round of ammo will be bought from Jack Ross. But for now, I will keep my options open.

WeldonHunter
02-09-2012, 6:35 PM
I finally got my shipment. 23 Days. Good looking ammo. I will try them out this weekend. I guess if you don't mind the wait it's a great deal. If you are a first time buyer of them like I was this shipment, trying to get a hold of them is impossible. But don't fret, you will get your ammo.

I am not completely sold though, there is a bitter taste in my mouth for being left in the dark, not knowing the status of my order and the wait time. Wait time is not so much an issue. If I had just gotten an email or something letting me know what's going on, that is all I need.

There are other competitors out there that charge only 23.00 more with shipping. And the turn around is about 5 days. Plus the customer service (as far as contacting the seller and getting replies) was much faster. I get replies the next day.

I am sure Jack Ross ammo is a very good company as well as the people. And kudos for the great deal. I know businesses have hiccups and such. Hopefully if things get smoothed out over there, I could do more business with them. But first time business makes or breaks a deal. Maybe my next round of ammo will be bought from Jack Ross. But for now, I will keep my options open.

Fair enough. And in keeping with the spirit of good customer service Chris told me a little while ago he's put this deal's status to "out of stock" for now so he can get caught up and have some reserve. That way when he restocks these he can provide the customer service you speak of and that he's always been able to give. The one thing I've learned about Chris is he wants to please his customers. That's one reason he did this deal. It surely wasn't the money because he isn't getting rich on this one. It was to help people have affordable ammo but it just got out of hand. To the point where he realized it was causing more harm than good. Once he gets caught up it'll be back for sale and I suspect at the same price.

beatstanfurd
02-09-2012, 8:33 PM
dangit, i was about to order another 1k :mad:

CAHighSierra
02-09-2012, 8:43 PM
Knew I shoulda ordered 2-3k instead of 1k

gant
02-09-2012, 8:52 PM
i wonder what the wait is on his regular ammo not the reloads

WeldonHunter
02-09-2012, 9:47 PM
dangit, i was about to order another 1k :mad:

Knew I shoulda ordered 2-3k instead of 1k

Don't worry he's going to have it back up for sale as soon as he gets caught up. This is only temporary and the price will be the same.

i wonder what the wait is on his regular ammo not the reloads

He has next day shipping on ammo he has in stock. If it doesn't have a note about shipping delays it will go out the next day.

spetsnaz
02-10-2012, 7:57 AM
dangit. its out of stock. hopefully the man stays in business and comes back with more ammo.

beatstanfurd
02-10-2012, 8:47 AM
dangit. its out of stock. hopefully the man stays in business and comes back with more ammo.

Not saying that it can't happen, but I don't think Jack Ross is going anywhere. This probably is also contributing to the delayed orders.

State of NV signs ammunition contract (http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=22266)

We are pleased to annouce that Jack Ross Ammunition was selcted by the State of NV to supply ammunition to city, county and state law enforcement agencies. Of the four approved vendors selected, only Jack Ross is NV based.

beatstanfurd
02-10-2012, 8:57 AM
And to the reference of members with low post totals leaving positive reviews not smelling right... sorry we don't have 9000+ posts, doesn't mean our opinion is any less important.

WeldonHunter
02-10-2012, 9:12 AM
Not saying that it can't happen, but I don't think Jack Ross is going anywhere. This probably is also contributing to the delayed orders.

State of NV signs ammunition contract (http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=22266)

You know I had completely forgotten about that. Yeah he's a busy man. Thanks for the reminder. Yeah he's not going anywhere. This is the only way he can try to begin to catch up and not make anyone else mad because they've waited for ammo.

And to the reference of members with low post totals leaving positive reviews not smelling right... sorry we don't have 9000+ posts, doesn't mean our opinion is any less important.

I agree. I think mainly the inference was maybe these posts might be bogus and are shills for the company. I don't think the poster truely thought it out. Shill posters usually only have maybe a post or two unless it's a really well thought out deal.

beatstanfurd
02-10-2012, 9:36 AM
edited

sdukeric
02-10-2012, 2:42 PM
Fair enough. And in keeping with the spirit of good customer service Chris told me a little while ago he's put this deal's status to "out of stock" for now so he can get caught up and have some reserve. That way when he restocks these he can provide the customer service you speak of and that he's always been able to give. The one thing I've learned about Chris is he wants to please his customers. That's one reason he did this deal. It surely wasn't the money because he isn't getting rich on this one. It was to help people have affordable ammo but it just got out of hand. To the point where he realized it was causing more harm than good. Once he gets caught up it'll be back for sale and I suspect at the same price.

That sounds like a very good plan. If the product is good. People will wait for for stock and come back. I haven't tried my case yet..but from the reviews I read they are GTG.

spetsnaz
02-10-2012, 3:10 PM
ill keep an eye out. once he's back ill be buying a case.

WeldonHunter
02-10-2012, 4:04 PM
ill keep an eye out. once he's back ill be buying a case.

When he restocks this stuff I'll be posting here about it in this thread so it'll bump back to the top.

orangeusa
02-10-2012, 6:01 PM
Planning any .38 Spl reloads? :)

WeldonHunter
02-10-2012, 6:21 PM

Planning any .38 Spl reloads? :)

Someone actually asked this earlier in this massive thread and he answered them. Krispkr is the owner.

sdukeric
02-11-2012, 5:39 PM
Very good ammo. For the mere fact that it is a good product at a great price. I am willing to overlook the poor customer service. I was going to look at other options but I don't feel like I have to now after seeing and using the product

The ammo came in professionally packed boxes and looked as good as New loads. I did not expect them in containers and boxes. Surprised he could sell the reloads at such a price with all the consumables involved.

Shot just as well too. I only used up 100rd so far. But no problems. Consistent groups from 7 to 50yds.

Just time your orders accordingly, expect about 3 weeks ship time. But they are worth it as weldonhunter says.

beatstanfurd
02-11-2012, 6:33 PM
300 rounds today through the 226 and a sp89 with zero issues. Need to place another order.

markgrubb
02-11-2012, 10:41 PM
200 rounds shot today out of Glock 19. No issues and groups as well as WW White Box and other similar ammo.

As someone mentioned, rounds are clean and consistent in nice packaging. FWIW I would take less packaging for even better prices.

As for 9000+ posts in 3-4 years = 6-8 post per DAY, EVERY DAY for 3-4 years. Wow. Just wow.

beatstanfurd
02-13-2012, 11:43 AM
NM, my comment no longer makes sense, since the comment I was replying to was deleted.

WeldonHunter
02-13-2012, 11:46 AM
After waiting a month, they canceled my order. The email I got was verbose. It said "canceled"

I'll be buying my ammo elsewhere from now on.

I just forwarded this to Chris. It may just be a mistake. He emailed me this just this morning.

"I posted this on my facebook page:
We are experiencing sever delays in shipping. Basically we got more orders than we could handle. We have stopped accepting new orders for 9mm reloads until we are caught up and we are restructuring the way we do business so this wont happen again. All existing orders will be shipped within the month, but if you wish to cancel your order please email sales@jackrossammo.com and put 'cancel order #____' in the subject line. We appreciate your business and patience and we look forward to providing you with the best reloads, at the best price, with the fastest shipping.

Chris"
He didn't mention anything about canceling existing orders unless it was requested.

WeldonHunter
02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't like posting negative stuff, but this was a let down. For full disclosure, the impetus behind my cancelation is that I emailed inquiring on the status of my order and asked if canceling was an option. That was on Jan 23. I never got a reply, but today I got canceled. I guess he's busy enough to cancel small orders (a thousand 9mm). I'm glad he's doing good business, but I guess I'll stick with Miwall and LAX. Same price and I walk with the ammo

I don't think it's a case of the size of the order but perception. That may be what happened here. Unfortunately a lot get's lost in the translation in typed messages. I know you haven't been negative. I remember the posts you made earlier.

kauaibuilt
02-13-2012, 9:39 PM
My personal experience has actually been ok. At about the 3-4 week mark I emailed JR regarding my 1k 9mm order and my wifes 1k 9mm order. 2 days later received an email with shipping information. I was expecting 10-100rd plastic bags of ammo and was pleasantly surprised that everything was packed in little boxes as if they came from any other factory. Ordered 1k of .40 that week. No problems so far and look forward to JR starting a frequent flier card of sorts....

:D

asm777
02-16-2012, 9:13 AM
Got a shipping notification for an order of new production ammo yesterday. 7 days from order date to shipment date. Still waiting to see when my reloads will ship which were ordered 13 days ago.

On a side note, I ordered some Wolff replacement recoil springs from Gunsprings.com and they took 11 days to ship!

Great prices means we need some patience to keep our wallets slightly thicker. =)

wisefire
02-17-2012, 8:33 AM
Can everyone post when they ordered, got shipment conformation, and when they received so we know how long the wait is

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ocredraider
02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Placed an order for 2K Rounds on 2/3/2012.
My card was charged on 2/6/2012.
Based on the other posts, I dont expect to see anything until mid March.

dieyoung
02-17-2012, 4:06 PM
placed order for 1k jan 22 2012
updated jan 31, added another 1k
card was charged the day after both

coppertop
02-18-2012, 11:16 PM
placed order jan 31,, called feb 14,, was told from i think "chris" my order was about 2 weeks out and "i could cancle if i wanted to". i think ill just sit tight and wait... no rush as long as the reloads are good and they keep there prices down ill be a long time customer.... as soon as i get them ill run a few hundred down range and give my feeback:)

engi
02-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Ordered Jan. 22nd. Called them on Feb. 20th and told they would ship out in 10 days. Hope that's accurate.

PhiAlpha
02-23-2012, 3:37 PM
I ordered 500 .40 on 1/29, I just got it and it looks good. One round was missing its primer. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend.

engi
02-23-2012, 8:31 PM
I ordered 500 .40 on 1/29, I just got it and it looks good. One round was missing its primer. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend.

Did you get new or reloads. If reloads, then that kind of blows. I ordered a week before you and still haven't received them yet. :mad:

gcm
02-23-2012, 8:45 PM
Ordered 01/18.

Rec'd tracking info email today 02/23 for 9mm reloads.

PhiAlpha
02-24-2012, 12:08 AM
It was reloads.

coppertop
02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Ordered on Jan 31,nothing yet not even a tracking number.

wisefire
02-27-2012, 9:57 AM

I order the same on the Jan 27th and still got nothing. I contacted him last week and he said couple more weeks

inosaris
02-27-2012, 11:33 PM
It's the end of the month, and it's also been 5 weeks since I placed my order. Good times

I just forwarded this to Chris. It may just be a mistake. He emailed me this just this morning.

"I posted this on my facebook page:
We are experiencing sever delays in shipping. Basically we got more orders than we could handle. We have stopped accepting new orders for 9mm reloads until we are caught up and we are restructuring the way we do business so this wont happen again. All existing orders will be shipped within the month, but if you wish to cancel your order please email sales@jackrossammo.com and put 'cancel order #____' in the subject line. We appreciate your business and patience and we look forward to providing you with the best reloads, at the best price, with the fastest shipping.

Chris"
He didn't mention anything about canceling existing orders unless it was requested.

pc_load_letter
02-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Update...

I ended up keeping my order as Chris sounds to be a great guy and was thankfully willing to keep my order as it was a week or so from shipping out.

Received the FedEx shipping notice and it arrived a few days later. So despite the long wait, the packaging was first rate and very professional. Will shoot it this weekend.

Just picked up a Taurus .45 so I will next be ordering 500 rounds of .45 reloads.

orangeusa
02-29-2012, 10:08 AM
It's the end of the month, and it's also been 5 weeks since I placed my order. Good times

4 weeks. This is harder than the 10 day wait! :)

beatstanfurd
02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
4 weeks. This is harder than the 10 day wait! :)

No way... can't go to Walmart and pick up a firearm to hold you over till the ten days is up. :)

Deadon
02-29-2012, 1:16 PM
Ordered on 2/9 and havent heard anything. I tried to call and emailed them but havent heard back.

gonzales
03-01-2012, 7:43 AM
I placed my order on 2/4. By reading some of other ppl's post I knew my order was shipping soon but I am leaving on vacation next week and didn't want my package to be left out all week. So after numerous failed attempts at calling, I opted to text him. I never would of done that but I felt this was kinda urgent. He responded back saying my order was shipping tomorrow (which is today). And I will have it by Monday. So all I got to say is besides the long wait I will order from there again and highly recommend them. Chris seems like a great guy and even with the busy workload offers some pretty good customer service. I will update when I get my package.

segfault
03-01-2012, 6:31 PM
Also ordered on 2/4, 1000 reloaded 9mm. Did you receive an email when the order shipped? I haven't heard anything and had trouble getting in contact with him last week. I'll leave him alone though, since it sounds like he's catching up.

gonzales
03-01-2012, 7:55 PM
Also ordered on 2/4, 1000 reloaded 9mm. Did you receive an email when the order shipped? I haven't heard anything and had trouble getting in contact with him last week. I'll leave him alone though, since it sounds like he's catching up.

I got an email stating my order was complete from Jack Ross. Then shortly after I received the shipping notice and it shipped today and I should receive it tomorrow. I believe he is further behind in 9mm but is catching up. I had 40sw. I believe they are close to catching up fully. Shouldn't be much longer. Try on the jack ross facebook, he is pretty good on responding back there.

WeldonHunter
03-01-2012, 8:07 PM
I got an email stating my order was complete from Jack Ross. Then shortly after I received the shipping notice and it shipped today and I should receive it tomorrow. I believe he is further behind in 9mm but is catching up. I had 40sw. I believe they are close to catching up fully. Shouldn't be much longer. Try on the jack ross facebook, he is pretty good on responding back there.

He made .40SW and .45ACP monday and tuesday he made 9mm. I talked to him over the weekend and monday and he is getting caught up. Once he gets all the current orders filled he's going to make enough ammo to cover his catagories and only sell what he has. Before he could make enough to keep up with incoming orders when he got low. Then he decided to sell it cheap as hell and well we see what happened. He told me he's never going to put himself in this position again. I believe him.

CAHighSierra
03-01-2012, 8:55 PM
Sent two emails with questions about shipping and have gotten no response.
I understand hes backed up, im also understanding now why people are so frusterated about no communication...

segfault
03-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Got an email reply today to my email from over a week ago, here's a snippet:

"We are currently processing orders from Jan 19th and are working forward. On Tuesday a much needed new machine arrives to help us with this severe back log we have."

I'm guessing this info is regarding 9mm.

wisefire
03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Ordered. 40cal on 1/27. Got shipping confirmation email on 3/1.
Received on 3/2.
All email sent were replied within couple days.
Even though shipping took longer then expected. I'm still satisfied and will order again once everything calms down.

wisefire
03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I recommend everyone to hang in there, expect about a 5 week wait. Ammo looked great and was well packaged. Gonna test it out hopefully next week.

maxwellca21
03-04-2012, 11:19 PM
tag

pc_load_letter
03-05-2012, 2:57 PM
Tried out the JR ammo this past weekend...

I had two squibs from the JR ammo. Probably will just stick with Bullet_Mans reloads.

pc_load_letter
03-05-2012, 3:27 PM
Pc: two squibs as in bullets stuck in the barrel??? That sounds harsh

I guess the term squib is somewhat loose, but in my case, I had a casing stuck in the slide. Slide was moved to the rear about 2\8 of an inch.

No movement what so ever in the slide. Not the gun. I've got about a thousand through this particular Sig.

Despite mine and my father in laws best efforts, neither of us could get the slide to move. Took it to a certified Sig armorer...same. He said to send it to Sig.

Called Sig this morning at 5:30am and the nice fellow sent me a pre-paid shipping label. Sent the Sig off today.

coppertop
03-05-2012, 6:52 PM
This place is a joke ! I waited 36 days then called to try to cancel and no answer for 3 days and no call back. Never again will I order from this place EVER!

engi
03-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Received mine today, however, not sure if they are reloads or new. They arrived in the red boxes instead of the white ones they show for reloads. Funny thing is the red boxes were labeled for 45's with a printed sticker label stuck over top indicating 40 s&w.

allright
03-05-2012, 10:09 PM
engi,
when did you purchase?

Is anyone getting shipping notices?

engi
03-05-2012, 10:35 PM
engi,
when did you purchase?

Is anyone getting shipping notices?

Ordered on 1/22 and tracking email arrived middle of last week.

dieyoung
03-06-2012, 2:08 PM
i orderd 2k 9mm jan 22 as well and still nothing. now neither of there phone #s work. go figure. its almost like we sent him money to build his company

CAHighSierra
03-06-2012, 2:22 PM
Order confirmed 2/5. After two emails I got a response a few days ago saying it will be another month. Not gonna bother canceling but I will need to buy some ammo for the time being..

WeldonHunter
03-06-2012, 3:20 PM
Order confirmed 2/5. After two emails I got a response a few days ago saying it will be another month. Not gonna bother canceling but I will need to buy some ammo for the time being..

Here's something to hold you over. http://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm-115-gr-RN-B-p/b9r115r.htm

Use Coupon Code Chet-1 for an additional 3% off before shipping.

pc_load_letter
03-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Removed by author

dieyoung
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
ok i just had 2 cancel. del mar gun show in couple days. can pay 10 buks more to carry out.... feel bad for ya pc load letter