PDA

View Full Version : Best AK model for PRK residents

hkfan33
03-09-2007, 1:45 PM
This has probably been beaten to the ground but what the heck...

I'm new to the AK family or rifles. Since there's been a frenzy on both OLL's & people building AR's, AK's, Hk91 clones (among others)... I was wondering if there is a preference as to what the best AK model would be for us Cali folks? What model would you personally get (Russian, Chinese, Yugo, Romanian, etc.) & why?

Lastly, who's got the best prices & where to get them?

Thanks in advance! :D

rssslvr
03-09-2007, 1:52 PM
I like to get the romanian kits.Most are in good shape,the barrels are chrome lined,and they are cheap.Best bang for the buck IMO

JPglee1
03-09-2007, 1:54 PM
This has probably been beaten to the ground but what the heck...

I'm new to the AK family or rifles. Since there's been a frenzy on both OLL's & people building AR's, AK's, Hk91 clones (among others)... I was wondering if there is a preference as to what the best AK model would be for us Cali folks? What model would you personally get (Russian, Chineese, Yugo, Romanian, etc.) & why?

Lastly, who's got the best prices & where to get them?

Thanks in advance! :D
I'd get a Romanian kit and have James Maddux put it together for you.

He's a great guy to deal with and does awesome work.

J

hkfan33
03-09-2007, 5:00 PM
Thanks for the replies!

While I'm at it... would it be better & cheaper to buy the entire firearm or buy myself an OLL, parts kit & have it built?

I got a fella that wants to sell me a newly built AK w/ Chinese parts for $450. Is that a good deal or I am I getting taken for a ride?

One more thing...what's the best AK OLL to build from, how much & where can I find them?

Choices....choices...choices!

Thanks again!!!

Addax
03-09-2007, 6:13 PM
Polish, Bulgarian, and Romanian AK/ and AK Parts Kits are excellent.

diegojosh
03-09-2007, 6:21 PM
check the AK's out on this page, really good deal!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=50356

thedrickel
03-09-2007, 9:16 PM
If I only wanted one I would definitely go the century route for 329. Built two and they came out about 325 each (total incl DROS). But a century WASR for ~400 out the door ain't too shabby. Assuming it works of course.

For a basic build I would go Romy-g kit and NDS-3 receiver. Hopefully that will be about 250 and include 3 us parts (receiver & tapco g2 fcg), rest of the US parts and tools another hundred bucks more or less, depending on what tools you have already.

xenophobe
03-09-2007, 10:36 PM
The best for PRK? How about the RPK? lol ;)

wksun88
03-11-2007, 2:41 PM
I am also looking to get an AK pretty soon, however DDsranch has sold out of wasr-10s so I am wondering if there is another place I can get it for a similar price?
Also, I live in San Diego so any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

hkfan33
03-12-2007, 5:16 PM
Thanks for all the advice!

I pmed DDsranch & hope to get one of their Century Arms GP WASR-10/63 AK47 soon.

I did a bit of research as well & still very interested in an AK build w/ the NDS-3 with a chinese or polish parts kit + the 10 US compliance parts.

Anyway, I maybe opening a huge can of worms here but here goes...

What country made the best all around AK-47?
Russian, Chinese, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian? Let the duel begin!!!