PDA

View Full Version : Idea on "attachable magazine"

E Pluribus Unum
03-09-2007, 1:48 AM
The idea has been expressed about using the Range Safe Bullet release tool thingamajigger... I had an idea..

An electric servo....

Electronic servos and circuits are so small now adays it would be very easy to design a small servo that sat externally on that device... build a small wireless remote that when depressed it triggers the bullet tip device.

One could hold the wireless remote in the hand.... he could also velcro it to the forehand where the off hand is grasping the rifle... this way one could use the wireless remote (the tool) to actuate the bullet tip mag release....

what say you?

ts
03-09-2007, 2:57 AM
uh... from the impression i got i think it is an awful idea, no offense, but maybe i am misunderstanding it. it sounds expensive, not practical, prone to malfunction, and the bullet button would just be easier to use.

mr2.0
03-09-2007, 2:59 AM
Are you gonna put wings on it and make it fly ( chasing after the live target while you are at it)? :D

FinweElensar
03-09-2007, 2:59 AM
it has to be bluetooth compatible so i can use my ps3 controller

grammaton76
03-09-2007, 4:32 AM
I want it to automatically eject the mag as soon as the round count reaches zero. Yes, I want a round counter like the pulse rifles in Aliens to come along with this.

E Pluribus Unum
03-09-2007, 4:55 AM
I want it to automatically eject the mag as soon as the round count reaches zero. Yes, I want a round counter like the pulse rifles in Aliens to come along with this.

Like the battlerifle in Halo?? Thats not a bad idea.... have a counter that starts at 30 and counts down with every recoil??

Cpl_Peters
03-09-2007, 7:44 AM
Like the battlerifle in Halo?? Thats not a bad idea.... have a counter that starts at 30 and counts down with every recoil??

Well 10 in OUR case :rolleyes:

AxonGap
03-09-2007, 7:56 AM
I want mine to morph like a transformer into a FAB10 when it senses the DOJ. Oh yes, it has to have a LoJack system and a compass thingy on the stock that tells time.

It also needs to have all the features of a Blackberry device.

Stanze
03-09-2007, 8:05 AM
I wouldn't mind a bullet tip mag release on the opposite side of the receiver so I can hold the rifle's pistol grip in my strong hand and reload with my weak hand.

mxpatriot51
03-09-2007, 9:24 AM
I wouldn't mind a bullet tip mag release on the opposite side of the receiver so I can hold the rifle's pistol grip in my strong hand and reload with my weak hand.

That would take having a left handed receiver. Stag makes lefty receivers, I'm sure they reversed all of the controls, so your bullet button would be able to be used with your left hand. But, the bolt release would most likely be on the other side, as well.

Hmmm... Looks like someone needs to make a regular right handed receiver with the magazine button reversed for the bullet button.

gn3hz3ku1*
03-09-2007, 9:27 AM
it can work .. 10 rd count and drop a mag.. but it will be expensive

ARRRR-15
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Well 10 in OUR case :rolleyes:

Doesn't have to be 10, because you aren't using a tool to remove the mag. so it would have to be gripless

Stanze
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Doesn't have to be 10, because you aren't using a tool to remove the mag. so it would have to be gripless

With that logic would putting a flash hider, vertical forward grip, folding stock, pistol grip on a M1 Garand constitute a SB-23 banned firearm?

Paratus et Vigilans
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
That would take having a left handed receiver. Stag makes lefty receivers, I'm sure they reversed all of the controls, so your bullet button would be able to be used with your left hand. But, the bolt release would most likely be on the other side, as well.

Only Stag UPPERS are lefty - the lower receiver is otherwise identical to everyone else's - and I just use the thumb of my right hand to push the mag release button while I hold the rifle with my left - seems to work easy enough for me. :) So, with a BB, you'd need to hold your "tool" in the right hand somehow - or maybe develop some kind of strap-on BB activation unit that protrudes the necessary length from the finger of choice. Like a finger pick for a banjo, only pointy! :D

ARRRR-15
03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
With that logic would putting a flash hider, vertical forward grip, folding stock, pistol grip on a M1 Garand constitute a SB-23 banned firearm?

What I meant was, that if the mag falls out after the last round it wouldn't be considered a fixed mag. So you don't have to only use 10 rounders(unless that's all you got). So something that counted to 30 would be fine, but it would have to be gripless(u-15, MMG), no forward grip, folding stock, or flash hider. I don't know where the M1 came into play. Hope that clears it up, I read my first post and noticed that it was kinda confusing.:)

shark92651
03-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Removing the mags using the Bullet Button with a tool is a bit awkward, looks awkward, and is a bit of a pain (although much less so than top-loading). This is good. I want it to look like I have to work harder to drop my mags. It will make it much easier to convice people that I am using a tool to remove my magazines.

To drop a mag with the Bullet Button I put the stock under my left underarm, grasp the rifle around the magwell with my left hand, with my right hand I grab my bullet keychain tool that is on a retractable badge reel, insert it into the bullet button, and grab the magazine with my left hand as it comes loose. This takes quite a bit of coordination but is the price I am willing to pay to be legal and still have a pistol grip, collapsible stock, and a flash hider. If I do not want to be inconvenienced like this I will just go with a MonsterMan and featureless. This is a comprimise I am willing to make though.

Cpl_Peters
03-09-2007, 1:48 PM
I can stay sighted in and reload. Use my left hand to hold my forward pistol grip, then with my right hand grab my retractable bullet on badge real insert, mag drops then grab my new mag and insert in the mag well, harder then regular loading but 100 times better than top loading. Makes it actually practical now.

paradox
03-09-2007, 2:09 PM
Only Stag UPPERS are lefty - the lower receiver is otherwise identical to everyone else's - and I just use the thumb of my right hand to push the mag release button while I hold the rifle with my left - seems to work easy enough for me. :) So, with a BB, you'd need to hold your "tool" in the right hand somehow - or maybe develop some kind of strap-on BB activation unit that protrudes the necessary length from the finger of choice. Like a finger pick for a banjo, only pointy! :D

Sounds like you need to drop the dough for a Norgon Ambi-Catch:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/AmbiCatch.htm

diegojosh
03-09-2007, 3:47 PM

the music on this page really get's me amped!:eek:

shark92651
03-09-2007, 3:55 PM

Not a good idea. Once you add a Norgon Ambi-Catch you have in effect negated the magazine lock on the other side. Don't add a norgon ambi-catch unless you are evil-featureless or have a registered Assault Weapon - in which case you shouldn't be bothering with a Bullet Button in the first place.