PDA

View Full Version : My First OLL Build

thomye
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.thomye.com/applications/mig/albums/Shooting/2006-08-15_Cali_Legal_Lower/2007-03-08_0001.jpg

Left to right, the parts are as follows:
CAA Stock
Ergo Grip of some sort
Double Star OLL
Bushmaster 10rd Mag
BB Fixed Mag kit
CAA forward folding grip
VLTOR rail System
Stag 1H upper

Things left to get:
ARMS 40L rear folding sights on order
Flip up front sights to replace stock stights (barrel mount)
Fake Can of some sort (MFI)

Here's a pic with handle down.
http://www.thomye.com/applications/mig/albums/Shooting/2006-08-15_Cali_Legal_Lower/2007-03-08_0002.jpg

thanks Chris for the deals.

jli567
03-09-2007, 2:08 AM
I like that folding grip how strong is it?

thomye
03-09-2007, 6:28 AM
i think its strong enough for range shooting and having fun but not sure if it's battle worthy. I'm certain it is as CAA makes pretty good stuff (IMO). i pulled on it pretty hard and it held up, but I also wasn't trying to really break it. just testing it and so far so good. I personally bought it for the looks.

K9paulc
03-09-2007, 7:42 AM
Nice hardware!!!

Aren't fixed mag builds supposed to be minus evil features??? Flash hider and forward grip ok on this one??? Damn these confusing laws!!!

That setup looks hot, love the rail system.

veeklog
03-09-2007, 7:50 AM
Nice hardware!!!

Aren't fixed mag builds supposed to be minus evil features??? Flash hider and forward grip ok on this one??? Damn these confusing laws!!!

That setup looks hot, love the rail system.

No, if you have the fixed ten round mag you can have all the evil features in the world on the gu.

mltrading
03-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Sweeeeeeet rifle.:D

shark92651
03-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Nice build. Is that an Aimpoint, Fakepoint, or something else you have on top?

thomye
03-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Nice build. Is that an Aimpoint, Fakepoint, or something else you have on top?

Fakepoint. I just got the eotech from Lanworld but it didn't look good on this rail. that and you can't co witness with it since the rail is higher. I'm putting the eotech on build 2. :)

i've used the fakepoint only once and i was very surprised with it. it works and works well and for the cost, it makes me giggle everytime i hit something. not sure if anyone should risk their life with it, but for range shooting, heck, you cant beat $31.99. it's all metal construction and it has red and green dots. we were shooting 50 yards out and hitting everything with it. coke cans, clay pigions, even 1" pvc pipes sticking out of the ground. I'm testing it in two week at 100 yrds.

my philosophy right now is buy more guns. i saved $400 which I plan on applying to build 3. Although the eotech hurt a little.

good eye though. i can't tell between the two: aimpoint and fakepoint.