PDA

View Full Version : LEO Discounts for AR accessories

neomedic
03-08-2007, 7:55 PM
Anyone know of any store in Southern Cali (LA County) that offers the best prices and then with the best LEO discount on top of that??

Addax
03-08-2007, 7:57 PM
You might want to try Gunrunners in Duarte and Metroshot in SFV.

I know quite a few LEO's that buy things at Gunrunners, like High Cap MAGS!:mad:

Hope this helps.

Addax

Anyone know of any store in Southern Cali (LA County) that offers the best prices and then with the best LEO discount on top of that??

ask80
03-08-2007, 8:10 PM
i'm one of them. i buy hi-caps for guns i don't even have :D

Addax
03-08-2007, 8:12 PM
[QUOTE=ask80;528196]i'm one of them. i buy hi-caps for guns i don't even have :D[/QUOTE

ERRRRRR :mad:

I see them in the case at Gunrunners and I just think how nice it would be to be able to buy one legally.

I do have my preban mags, but having more would be nice.

dicast
03-08-2007, 8:17 PM
just got two 30 rd high cap from a local FFL. it's leo thing.

Mag_Rat
03-08-2007, 8:20 PM
lol what if we are military police? Do I have to take my badge and military ID?

moulton
03-08-2007, 8:27 PM
wonder if 10% offers discounts for DOJ firearms division agents?:eek:

40mmfun
03-08-2007, 9:15 PM
+ 1 for gunrunners if your leo or military you get a 10% discount on all accesories and ammo , and some guns have BIG discounts for leo

shinigami
03-08-2007, 9:23 PM
[QUOTE=ask80;528196]i'm one of them. i buy hi-caps for guns i don't even have :D[/QUOTE

ERRRRRR :mad:

I see them in the case at Gunrunners and I just think how nice it would be to be able to buy one legally.

I do have my preban mags, but having more would be nice.

I don't know man, I like the 10 rounders, actually I like it even if it's a 5 round mag. It's easier for me to control my ammo "expenditure" in the range:D I guess it's my thing.

ask80
03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
i don't think military police counts as LE under pc830. you'll have to check as there is a super long list of what peace officers are ...some places make a photo copy of your ID. and some places you need a LE ID just to get in because the store is locked up.

sorry to get off topic. but if any LEOs or others know : can a family member in PA, which i believe is gun friendly, purchase hi-cap mag sand ship it to me in CA? yes i can possess hi-caps in CA. Also I assume I can goto NV or AZ and purchase hi-caps there and bring them in, correct?

the reason, is the LE stores here in so cal sell hi-cap mags for almost double the price compared to CDNN or other places. i mean CDNN = beretta factory 15rnd mags $18.99 . my local LE store = $35.99 and out of stock.

and honestly, even if I use a 30rnder in a su-16. i only put like 10-15 bullets in.. why? i'm too lazy to fill it up to the max.

Addax
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Good Point!

Well if I have to use 10 rnd mags, then I end up taking allot to the range and I end up using the same amount of ammo...;)

[QUOTE=Addax;528200]

I don't know man, I like the 10 rounders, actually I like it even if it's a 5 round mag. It's easier for me to control my ammo "expenditure" in the range:D I guess it's my thing.

Matt C
03-08-2007, 10:56 PM
lol what if we are military police? Do I have to take my badge and military ID?

MPs (even CID) are not LEOs in CA, sorry(though we do have PO arrest authority for certain felonies, same as Joe Citizen but with a but more legal immunity). On the plus side it's my opinion we qualify under the LEOSA, so we get CCW here in CA with no permit. But than again, my opinion is not worth squat if you get arrested... Still, better to be tried by 12...

Just stock up on mag parts when you are out of state, and re-build all those mags you had here before the ban.

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and this is me laughing at you for carrying around an "MP" badge::D ;)

veeklog
03-09-2007, 6:59 AM
i don't think military police counts as LE under pc830. you'll have to check as there is a super long list of what peace officers are ...some places make a photo copy of your ID. and some places you need a LE ID just to get in because the store is locked up.

sorry to get off topic. but if any LEOs or others know : can a family member in PA, which i believe is gun friendly, purchase hi-cap mag sand ship it to me in CA? yes i can possess hi-caps in CA. Also I assume I can goto NV or AZ and purchase hi-caps there and bring them in, correct?

the reason, is the LE stores here in so cal sell hi-cap mags for almost double the price compared to CDNN or other places. i mean CDNN = beretta factory 15rnd mags $18.99 . my local LE store = $35.99 and out of stock.

and honestly, even if I use a 30rnder in a su-16. i only put like 10-15 bullets in.. why? i'm too lazy to fill it up to the max.

I believe that if you buy out of state, you need to send it to your agency's address. I get a lot of things from Brownell's shipped to my department, and it helps.

As far as buying hi-caps in the state, you need to shop your ID to the gun shop, who takes down your badge number and ID to the clerk. It is for records kept for the state.

SkyStorm82
03-09-2007, 8:06 AM
I think he wanted to know if he could have friends/family from free America ship him the normal capacity mags....and if he were to go to a free state, buy the mags and just import them into this state.