PDA

View Full Version : Installing AR lower parts kit??

Ken Cochrane
03-08-2007, 8:10 PM
Hi, Do any of you have an online source for assembely instructions for the AR lower parts kit. I have had my existing lower apart a bit but will be installing a parts kit in a new one soon. Any advice would be appreciated.

blkA4alb
03-08-2007, 8:12 PM
Yup.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

five.five-six
03-08-2007, 8:25 PM
It is not the sort of thing you want to tackle unless you are an armorer with years of experience and have an abundance of specialty tools and several hours if not days to commit to the project. I am not trying to dissuade you, just make sure you know what you are getting into before you make a big mess

blkA4alb
03-08-2007, 8:32 PM
It is not the sort of thing you want to tackle unless you are an armorer with years of experience and have an abundance of specialty tools and several hours if not days to commit to the project. I am not trying to dissuade you, just make sure you know what you are getting into before you make a big mess

What are you talking about?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Technical Ted
03-08-2007, 8:36 PM
It's so easy, a caveman can do it.
http://www.tvfodder.com/archives/caveman.jpg
but your tools will have to be made out of materials a lot harder than sticks, bone and stone.

C.G.
03-08-2007, 8:36 PM
What are you talking about?? :confused:

I think that was just a little sarcasm. He forgot to put the :D so that people would have a hint.:D

blkA4alb
03-08-2007, 8:37 PM
I think that was just a little sarcasm. He forgot to put the :D so that people would have a hint.:D

The little smily makes all the difference in the world ;) .

SemiAutoSam
03-08-2007, 8:38 PM
Ted
you Forgot to hang the sign around your neck with the white letters on it.

We don't know what department nabbed you without that information.

It's so easy, a caveman can do it.
http://www.tvfodder.com/archives/caveman.jpg
but your tools will have to be made out of materials a lot harder than sticks, bone and stone.

bwiese
03-08-2007, 8:40 PM
You can build an AR while in bed watching the Jay Leno.

Ask me how I know :)

AR15.COM has info on how to build up bare lowers.

GTKrockeTT
03-08-2007, 8:42 PM
You can build an AR while in bed watching the Jay Leno, and stroking the cats.

fixed.

steve2071
03-08-2007, 8:44 PM
Be careful when installing the pivot pin detent! Point it to the ground if you have carpet. Here's a tip, find something that can fit in the pivot hole and push it through from the left side. A hex wrench of the right dimensions usually works. Then use it to hold the pin in place. Now, making sure it's facing the right direction, insert the pivot pin from the right side, pushing the hex wrench out and catching on the detent pin.

6172crew
03-08-2007, 8:45 PM
What are you talking about?? :confused: :confused:

LOL, I think he was talking about this clown.:D http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/Irwin-Nowick.gif

http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2006/12/background_and.html

C.G.
03-08-2007, 8:45 PM
You can build an AR while in bed watching the Jay Leno.

I don't know how you do that.:eek:
Personally, I prefer David Letterman while working on my guns.:D

bwiese
03-08-2007, 8:46 PM
You can build an AR while in bed watching the Jay Leno, and stroking the cats.

Ask me how I know

fixed.

Hahah. Actually, singular cat at the time (I got my 2nd cat last year).

For awhile it was kinda busy here - had the GF's 2 cats here as well. 4 cats in a 2br2.5ba townhome gets a little busy :)

five.five-six
03-08-2007, 8:51 PM

OOOOH! AR...NOT AK... thats differant... I will send my son over to help you out he is only 20 months old but he is prety handy with Leggos and he has helped me with a few :D

yep... front detent... order an extra spring and detent (those things fly!) and install it in a plastic trash bag.

don't install the boltstop roll pin with plyers and tape, you are likely to scratch your reciever.. get a punch...home depot $5

five.five-six
03-08-2007, 8:54 PM
For awhile it was kinda busy here - had the GF's 2 cats here as well. 4 cats in a 2br2.5ba townhome gets a little busy :)

DON'T confuse your GF's and cats :eek:

MEEOOOOOOW...OUCH

bwiese
03-08-2007, 9:08 PM
DON'T confuse your GF's and cats :eek:

Yeah, I usu can tell them apart, cuz Liz doesn't urp her food onto the carpet.

;)

Ken Cochrane
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I checked out the info ind I beleive I can do it, No Porblem.

aklover_91
03-09-2007, 12:26 AM
OOOOH! AR...NOT AK... thats differant... I will send my son over to help you out he is only 20 months old but he is prety handy with Leggos and he has helped me with a few :D

yep... front detent... order an extra spring and detent (those things fly!) and install it in a plastic trash bag.

don't install the boltstop roll pin with plyers and tape, you are likely to scratch your reciever.. get a punch...home depot $5

AK's aren't that hard. Some mod'ed bolt cutters, a vice, some punches, and a drill press are enough to build one.