PDA

View Full Version : Calling TenPercentFirearms!

mxpatriot51
03-08-2007, 5:15 PM
TenPercent, I called you guys about 1/2 an hour ago to make sure you had an OLL without any goofy logos on it in stock. I talked to a gentleman on the phone and he said you had an LAR in stock. I want to make sure that it isn't that LAR with the holes in the mag well. I just want a regular OLL, nothing fancy.

My ten day waiting period is already up. When I first came down and ordered it, you only had logo'd receivers in stock. The lady said when I came to pick up if you had a plain one in it could be substituted in.

I'd call again, but the shop closes at 5:00. Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page so I don't make a 5 1/2 hour round trip for nothing.

PM me if you need the name or order #.

proraptor
03-08-2007, 5:36 PM
5 1/2 hour round trip? You are out of your mind!

xrMike
03-08-2007, 5:45 PM
5 1/2 hour round trip? You are out of your mind!The disease will do that to you.

Guinness
03-08-2007, 5:47 PM

Ya should pick up 5 of them to make that tip worth it.. :D

Nefarious
03-08-2007, 6:00 PM
Perhaps a PM would've been easier to do? Wes is fairly easy to find on here.

I dont think Wes has his PM option turned on from what I remember???

mxpatriot51
03-08-2007, 6:20 PM
The disease will do that to you.

I like to do business with good people; and 10% was the closest shop that sold everything I would need to build an OLL.

It's not that bad of a drive, it's better than sitting in traffic in the san fernando valley.

JPN6336
03-08-2007, 8:14 PM
My ten day waiting period is already up. When I first came down and ordered it, you only had logo'd receivers in stock. The lady said when I came to pick up if you had a plain one in it could be substituted in.

I thought the DROS had to be for the specific serial number. Can you substitute a different firearm after the 10 day waiting period?

Guns R Tools
03-08-2007, 8:19 PM
You can start DROS for long guns without serial number.
Serial number is needed when you pick up tho.

Addax
03-08-2007, 8:30 PM
I love Wes and 10% (I have ordered a few things from them), but to drive 5+ hours??

You could have had Wes ship the receiver to a couple of dealers Metroshot in the SFV or Gunrunners in Duarte, CA (30-40min. drive from SFV), and the other parts directly to you..

Both of the dealers I just mentioned also have or can easily order all of the parts you needed...

Well, in any case, 10% is an outstanding dealer and all of my dealings with 10% have been simple, sweet and seamless!

I like to do business with good people; and 10% was the closest shop that sold everything I would need to build an OLL.

It's not that bad of a drive, it's better than sitting in traffic in the san fernando valley.

RossRinSD
03-08-2007, 8:44 PM
I thought the DROS had to be for the specific serial number. Can you substitute a different firearm after the 10 day waiting period?

For long guns you can get more than 1. When I picked up my 2 oll's, the FFL had a Remington 700 on sale. I borrowed some money from my dad, and a week later went back and cash and carried that 700. The dros is good for 30 days.

mxpatriot51
03-08-2007, 8:59 PM
I love Wes and 10% (I have ordered a few things from them), but to drive 5+ hours??

You could have had Wes ship the receiver to a couple of dealers Metroshot in the SFV or Gunrunners in Duarte, CA (30-40min. drive from SFV), and the other parts directly to you..

Both of the dealers I just mentioned also have or can easily order all of the parts you needed...

Well, in any case, 10% is an outstanding dealer and all of my dealings with 10% have been simple, sweet and seamless!

I didn't want to have to pay a separate FFL a transfer + a DROS fee. I know a guy who will do transfers for me for just the DROS, but I hate to keep asking him to.

Also, I'm the kind of guy that gets that bug and needs it "NOW!". Not having to wait for shipping and everything is a plus. I don't mind the drive cause I stop at the shooting range on the way there :D

Addax
03-08-2007, 9:10 PM
I didn't want to have to pay a separate FFL a transfer + a DROS fee. I know a guy who will do transfers for me for just the DROS, but I hate to keep asking him to.

Also, I'm the kind of guy that gets that bug and needs it "NOW!". Not having to wait for shipping and everything is a plus. I don't mind the drive cause I stop at the shooting range on the way there :D

Ah, that makes sense! I get that bug about once a day! I guess that is one of the symptoms of the "Black Gun Disease"..

Stopping by the shooting range is always a very nice thing to do during a road trip!:D

tenpercentfirearms
03-08-2007, 10:19 PM
The answering machine says we hardly ever check it and to use e-mail. And that is indeed the way we operate. Send me an e-mail and I can get you your answer. Be sure to include your real name. I will be checking my e-mail at 0600 hours so you can have an answer then.

I think Saturday feels like a good day to check the answering machine. :eek:

The LAR skeletons seem to be all we have right now except the logoed ones. However, that doesn't mean I didn't already set aside something else for you. Heck, you might have been the guy who came and picked up those two CMMGs and the Spike's Tactical. Bad thing about calguns is I don't know who anyone is. Well except Bill Wiese.

rips31
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
lol...i drove 5hr and got outstanding customer service from wes. he even installed a bullet button and a rra 2-stage trigger for me. and he definitely answers his phone.

stevied
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I drove 4 hours round trip for my first lower when everyone thought that they were getting banned

thefurball
03-09-2007, 5:45 AM
I drove from Sacto to 10%, about 5 hours.

They had exactly what I wanted and I like their attitude.

Paratus et Vigilans
03-09-2007, 6:10 AM
My roundtrip time to Wes' place from Orange/Riverside Counties is 6 hours minimum just on the road. But I never spend less than an hour or two in his shop once I get there. It's not big, but it's friendly, and Wes is a great guy to visit with. I always try to drag someone else along with me for the drive, and to get in some range time at the, uh, West Taft Gun and Oil Rig Club! :D

Ya know, if ya lived in Taft, ya'd be home by now! :)

Thanks, Wes! You're the best!

Fjold
03-09-2007, 6:40 AM
I wish you guys would stop driving to Wes' place all the time.

Everytime I go there I have the grand daughter with me and sitiing around waiting in line gives her too much time to beg me for the pink rifle.

mxpatriot51
03-09-2007, 9:10 AM
TenPercent, e-mail sent

mxpatriot51
03-09-2007, 9:22 AM
Tenpercent, if you don't have any in stock, can you please put me on a waiting list or something?

chiefcrash
03-09-2007, 9:57 AM

I live in San Leandro, and i'm going to 10% again this sunday to pick up my stuff.....

I started off just going there to trade one of my recievers for another. Total = $25

Now, this sunday i'll be picking up THREE recievers, a S&W pistol, a flip up rear sight + gas block, and probably more. Total = $400 and counting....

Wes is evil that way....

proraptor
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM

If you are in socal ammo bros sells everything you need and will probably build it for you too....

No disrespect to 10% but thats a far drive!

mxpatriot51
03-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't drive 5 1/2 hours for just a lower. Dude, have it shipped to a local FFL. You'll save $60+ in gas.

Takes me about 2/3 a tank to get there and back. 2/3 tank = $30 in gas for me.

chiefcrash
03-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't drive 5 1/2 hours for just a lower. Dude, have it shipped to a local FFL. You'll save $60+ in gas.

yea, but for me it was $60 to drive it or $75+ in transfer fees + S&H....

Besides, if i didn't drive it, i would never have seen the pic of Wes driving down I-5 on his scooter with a AR strapped to his back. totally awesome...

tenpercentfirearms
03-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I appreciate all of the love. It just goes to show that money isn't everything and service does count. Plus, until you walk into our hole in the wall and see all of the goodies, you just don't know. There is a reason guys drive that far. Ok, my head has swelled too much now and I get get out of my classroom for lunch.

rla_2000
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Some one stated that the DROS is good for 30 days! (Quote Below)

Is this correct???????????????????????????

So purchased a rifle a month ago, and had the background ran-can I get another rifle next week???

I am curious, cause I'd like to avoid paying for it twice if possible because this is the case in my situation! ;)

Please PM me any proof if any is available!

For long guns you can get more than 1. When I picked up my 2 oll's, the FFL had a Remington 700 on sale. I borrowed some money from my dad, and a week later went back and cash and carried that 700. The dros is good for 30 days.

chiefcrash
03-09-2007, 12:46 PM
It just goes to show that money isn't everything and service does count.

could. not. agree. more....

I haven't done much business with Wes yet, but already he has me wanting to spend my money with him instead of the gun shop down the street from me.....

of course he's an evil bastard at the same time. sucking all the money out of my wallet somehow....

chiefcrash
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Some one stated that the DROS is good for 30 days! (Quote Below)

Is this correct???????????????????????????

So purchased a rifle a month ago, and had the background ran-can I get another rifle next week???

I am curious, cause I'd like to avoid paying for it twice if possible because this is the case in my situation! ;)

Please PM me any proof if any is available!

i think you're missing something (and if i'm wrong, i'm sure someone will correct me). You can put as many rifles as you want on 1 DROS. They don't even have to be there yet (like if you're having Cold War Shooters send some recievers), but the number of long guns you're getting is put on the DROS. But once the DROS is started, you can't add anymore rifles to it, and you have 30 days from the start of the DROS to pick up your guns, or else you have to start a new DROS....

did that clear it up for you?

RossRinSD
03-09-2007, 7:29 PM
But once the DROS is started, you can't add anymore rifles to it, and you have 30 days from the start of the DROS to pick up your guns, or else you have to start a new DROS....

did that clear it up for you?

I hope you're wrong, or either I'm in trouble or my FFL is. We just started a dros on a M1A today, and I'm ordering two more rifles, a Saiga and a Mosin Nagant on Tuesday. They will all end up on the same dros, and my FFL says itz fine.

tenpercentfirearms
03-09-2007, 7:47 PM
Don't mention on here who your FFL is, he could get in trouble.

The DOJ explained it like this.

You can put down you are going to buy 100 guns, change your mind, cross it out, and buy one. You cannot however go the other way around. When I asked where it says this, they didn't have an explination. Both the DOJ and I knew it was about the money. They want you to have to run DROS again if you change your mind and want more.

Now I was reading the directions on the 4473 the other day and it did say specify a point where a new 4473 would have to be filled out if you wanted more guns, but I forgot what that point was and will have to look at it again for you tomorrow.

My rule at our shop is in line with the DOJ because they are the ones who will be pissed at me for violating it. Once I put down a gun number in DROS, that is what you are going to get. I will cross them out and go down, but not up.

I am 100% sure once you come to pick up a gun or guns, you are done. You cannot do a 4473, pick up the guns on it, and still add some more later in a couple days. When you come in to pick up, you get them all right then and there. Again, the 4473 actually says something contrary and once you either leave the shop or sign line 16, you are done.

I hope your dealer put on there that you wanted three guns. They frown upon it, but there is nothing in the rules that says you can't put down three guns and just wait for them to show up. If that is what your dealer did, he should be fine. If he just put one gun and three end up on there, he might have to answer for it.

mxpatriot51
03-09-2007, 7:51 PM
Tenpercent, I came down and picked up the receiver today :). Exactly what I was looking for. I put it all together in about an hour here at home. I LOVE having detachable magazines! (gripless/featureless build--monsterman grip II).

RossRinSD
03-09-2007, 9:47 PM
I am 100% sure once you come to pick up a gun or guns, you are done.

This is good to know, nobody wants to be in trouble when itz 100% preventable.

Now should I keep my mouth shut and conduct my business the right way, or should I share this with my FFL? How come I think I'll get looked at stupid??

tenpercentfirearms
03-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Whatever he wants to do, you don't worry about it as long as he claims it is alright.