PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a CA. Legal FAL?

GlockComa
03-08-2007, 1:14 PM
This has probably been asked a million times.

Where can I buy a CA. Legal FAL?

///D
03-08-2007, 1:28 PM
www.dsarms.com

Check w/ Chris @ Lanworldinc as well.

rssslvr
03-08-2007, 1:29 PM
www.dsarms.com

Check w/ Chris @ Lanworldinc as well.

Why use lanworld,DSA will ship direct to Ca.

///D
03-08-2007, 1:32 PM
Why use lanworld,DSA will ship direct to Ca.

Just trying to save him money....one maybe cheaper than another, options are always good.

GlockComa
03-08-2007, 1:33 PM
Thanks guys!
Wow never realized how much a FAL cost.
Shows how much homework I did.

-hanko
03-08-2007, 1:33 PM
This has probably been asked a million times.

Where can I buy a CA. Legal FAL?
New or used??

-hanko

NSR500
03-08-2007, 1:35 PM
Complete off the Rack FALs do cost a fair amount of cash. The other thing to consider is that they are, at this current time, expensive to feed.

GlockComa
03-08-2007, 1:47 PM
Checked the DS Arms site and man that SA58 FAL PARA Elite Compact Rifle is nice. Of course when time comes to buy one I would get it without all the accessories.

Hanko: New or Used I'd like to see what the price differences are.

NSR500 I hear ya on the ammo.

I have 1 finished AR, about to order a custom AK from James, and have 5 Glocks. I think the FAL would go good with my baby collection. Not to mention I still need to add a shotgun as well.

This hobby is more expensive then my motorcycle hobby haha.

50 Freak
03-08-2007, 2:11 PM
Cheaper to build one yourself. A good Imbel will run you $350+ $300 for a good kit + $100 for US compliance part/mag kit. Assemble yourself or pay someone $50-100 to install the barrel/headspace.

And you will have something comparable if not better than DSA.

Gosh...I remember when Imbels ran $175, new STG kits were $200 and all together you could build or have someone build a FAL for under $400. Wish I had picked up more STG kits back then.

JesseXXX
03-08-2007, 2:14 PM
Turners has them...

TheMan
03-08-2007, 2:18 PM
Checked the DS Arms site and man that SA58 FAL PARA Elite Compact Rifle is nice. Of course when time comes to buy one I would get it without all the accessories.

Hanko: New or Used I'd like to see what the price differences are.

NSR500 I hear ya on the ammo.

I have 1 finished AR, about to order a custom AK from James, and have 5 Glocks. I think the FAL would go good with my baby collection. Not to mention I still need to add a shotgun as well.

This hobby is more expensive then my motorcycle hobby haha.

You must have some cheap bikes then :p When I start to add up how much I have sunk into my bikes, it is still way more than I have put into my guns so far. The guns aren't depreciating quite like the bikes though...

I've seen some reasonably priced used ones on gunbroker not too long ago. Given how much some receivers(DSA and Imbel) have jumped in cost, a used FAL might be the way to get one cheaper than building. I'd bet you can still get one either used, or built up from a kit, for in the sub $800 range.

///D
03-08-2007, 2:45 PM
A little off-topic, but i noticed Dura-Coat for the FAL's being an option of $200. What are the benefits of this vs not having it? Is it worth the extra $200?

jjperl
03-08-2007, 3:26 PM
DSA has type 1 and type 2 receivers. What's the difference?

rssslvr
03-08-2007, 3:28 PM
DSA has type 1 and type 2 receivers. What's the difference?
Functionaly nothing.It is mostly cosmetic.I like the way the type 2's look the best.

thedrickel
03-08-2007, 4:11 PM
You can find used FALs on the falfiles for 7-800 bucks all the time. If the seller will separate the evil features from the rifle and send the barreled upper to your FFL you are good to go. Only difference between the types of metric uppers is lightening cuts and cosmetics. Functionally there is no difference.

GlockComa
03-08-2007, 4:13 PM
50 Freak: How hard is to build a FAL? Is it as easy as a AR or is it complicated like a AK? If it isnt all that hard then I might just have to build my own.

The Man: Haha good one. I guess I should have rephrased that comment.
It just seems like Im spending money faster on firearms then I did when I was modifying my bikes. But thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely check out gunbroker.

icormba
03-08-2007, 4:18 PM
50 Freak: How hard is to build a FAL? Is it as easy as a AR or is it complicated like a AK? If it isnt all that hard then I might just have to build my own.

The Man: Haha good one. I guess I should have rephrased that comment.
It just seems like Im spending money faster on firearms then I did when I was modifying my bikes. But thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely check out gunbroker.

It's more like building an AK than an AR. Once you get the barrel timed right, everything else just falls in to place. Getting the right tools is the important thing... checkout the FALfiles forum for details.

50 Freak
03-08-2007, 4:30 PM
It's easy to build a FAL, the toughest part is the screw the barrel in and time it correctly then to headspace it. I did mine the "ghetto" way by torquing the barrel in using a vice and receiver block. As for the headspacing pin, I just took a little off slowly at a time till the bolt dropped down into battery. Litterly thousands of rounds later and no problem at all.

If you buy the receiver and kit and look at it, you will figure it out very quickly. It's almost as easy as building an AR. Nothing like an AK (where you have to get a press for the barrel).

Look on GBroker or Falfiles. Plenty of guns around the $700 mark. Easy to send the gun to you in two parts. To seperate the upper and lower, the FAL has only one pin to whereas the AR has two.

Here is a pic of my baby. Imbel receiver, DSA para kit, Meeper quick change barreled system. It's not a safe queen as it's my go to baby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/JustaBlokeAnywhere/ParaFal002.jpg

Here it is in 9mm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/JustaBlokeAnywhere/FALSten.jpg

GlockComa
03-08-2007, 5:28 PM
Thanks guys I'll definitely check out FalFiles.