PDA

View Full Version : What else do i need to make my AK CA legal?

///D
03-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Just purchased my AK as well as the 10rd/30 magazine and am currently waiting for the new MMG/adapter. Am I missing anything? I am aware of the bullet button/prince 50....but how are the AK mags pinned if I wanted to go that route?

PLINK
03-08-2007, 1:16 PM
Just purchased my AK as well as the 10rd/30 magazine and am currently waiting for the new MMG/adapter. Am I missing anything? I am aware of the bullet button/prince 50....but how are the AK mags pinned if I wanted to go that route?

PM morepoop4u. He has a mag lock available.

///D
03-08-2007, 1:26 PM
PM morepoop4u. He has a mag lock available.

Thanks...here they are:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=48726

I'd only need this lock kit and obvioulsy a 10rd mag if I do not plan on using a MMG or something of the sort correct?

Lateralus
03-08-2007, 5:02 PM
correct. if you want to go the MM (evil featurless) way, you dont need the lock. if you want to have a pistol grip and other evil features, get the maglock.

and of course, this all needs that 10 rd mag. anything above = reeaallly bad

///D
03-08-2007, 6:01 PM
correct. if you want to go the MM (evil featurless) way, you dont need the lock. if you want to have a pistol grip and other evil features, get the maglock.

Thanks for the confirmation

JHC
03-08-2007, 7:07 PM

But what if he has some preban 30s? They are fine to run with the MM grip.

Matt C
03-08-2007, 7:21 PM
Yeah, try gripless first IMO. I have no problem shooting it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_oJV59Ko5s

Biff...
03-08-2007, 8:12 PM
Since you have the mmg, like someone else said you don't need the mag lock. Besides that mag lock is not 100% reliable

Lateralus
03-08-2007, 9:33 PM
But what if he has some preban 30s? They are fine to run with the MM grip.

i only say that becasue iit wouldnt be the first time ive seen someone hear fixed mag = evil features and decide that means they can run around wiwth whatever they want.

just lookin out for the guys new to the game:)

Welcome to the boards ///D!

///D
03-08-2007, 9:37 PM
i only say that becasue iit wouldnt be the first time ive seen someone hear fixed mag = evil features and decide that means they can run around wiwth whatever they want.

just lookin out for the guys new to the game:)

Welcome to the boards ///D!

Yes, I definitely am up to date w/ the 30rd do's and don'ts....but good lookin' out. Thanks for the welcome.

grammaton76
03-08-2007, 9:51 PM
Since you have the mmg, like someone else said you don't need the mag lock. Besides that mag lock is not 100% reliable

How's that? I never had problems with it when I did some testing on 'em...