View Full Version : which AR15 Buttstock to get....

12-20-2011, 7:50 PM
I'm trying to gather all my parts for a KISS build with the ability to go tacticool if need be and i think I decided that I really like this buttstock (http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=MSP&Screen=PROD&Product_code=MAG-370), but I'm not sure if it's really worth the money ($130):

I found this one (http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/118-ATI-A2101050-C.html) too which looks similar and comes with a pistol grip that i like and a buffer tube, but I'm not sure about the quality (even though the description sounds good) although i do like the price ($80):

I like the cheek rests of the first one and the KISS yet functional look, but the price is a bit much and i'm not sure how much that stock would really make a difference in comfort and function.

The second one isn't exactly what i pictured my AR looking like, but it seems like a great deal and it could definitely fit the bill on what I want, it's just hard to picture since i already have the first stock in my head.

So am i just hyping up that first stock because i like the look, or is it really worth the money??? what do you think about the second one??

any other suggestions on good stocks/kits to try? (remember, KISS, but transformer style.....so tacticool is only a few moves away...)

12-20-2011, 9:12 PM
The magpul is beyond awesome and you can probably get it at 110. The battery compartment is handy to store things like bullet button tools or batteries. The cam lock makes the stock super secure when you extend and the stock also gives you a really good cheek weld.

12-21-2011, 11:30 AM
i was kinda hoping you'd say that....kinda hoping you wouldn't.....I definitely want to keep the cost down on the build so i can speed it along, but i don't want to sacrifice quality where it really counts.

12-21-2011, 8:10 PM
I have the ACS and the CTR. Both are very sturdy and work well. The ACS is a little nicer because it has the side compartments which can hold batteries and is more comfortable to have your face against. If I did it again, I probably wouldn't spend the extra $ for the ACS.

12-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I have an ACS in like new condition I can sell for 100 shipped I have the box and dummy rounds that it came with. Along with an enhanced butt pad. PM me if your interested I'm going featureless and need to get into a fixed stock. Only reason I'm selling it.