PDA

View Full Version : AR-STONER 308 24' Barrel question

mod1217
12-20-2011, 7:36 PM
I got another question for the Galguns 308 Guru's :oji:

Guys I don't know if this was ask before but I'm going to ask it anyway. :rolleyes:

For my first lr-308 build I already have a DPMS 308 upper & lower receiver DPMS 308 BCG UBR stock with a DPMS carbine buffer and buffer spring.

Now my question is I'm planning to use an AR-STONER 24' SS Fluted Barrel instead of DPMS 24' bull barrel , What do you think about this setup? Good or Bad, or should i go with the DPMS 24' bull barrel instead? :confused:

This is my first lr-308 build and im trying to make it as problem free as possible, thank you in advance for your help :D

Hoop
12-20-2011, 9:28 PM
why have a super duper long bull barrel on one end and a carbine stock on the other?

five.five-six
12-20-2011, 9:33 PM
there is a guy at arf.com that sells tungsten buffers for carbine length extension in a .308 setup, but the most reliable way to go is with a full length receiver extension

crazychinaman
12-21-2011, 1:33 PM
I got another question for the Galguns 308 Guru's :oji:

Guys I don't know if this was ask before but I'm going to ask it anyway. :rolleyes:

For my first lr-308 build I already have a DPMS 308 upper & lower receiver DPMS 308 BCG UBR stock with a DPMS carbine buffer and buffer spring.

Now my question is I'm planning to use an AR-STONER 24' SS Fluted Barrel instead of DPMS 24' bull barrel , What do you think about this setup? Good or Bad, or should i go with the DPMS 24' bull barrel instead? :confused:

This is my first lr-308 build and im trying to make it as problem free as possible, thank you in advance for your help :Das long as you use a .308 carbine tube and buffer.If not you need to use slash's buffer.Only the weight of the barrel is the issue.What distance you plan on shooting at .?

mod1217
12-21-2011, 2:57 PM
Thanks hoop & 556 your right I did order the PRS instead. Is the receiver extention for AR-15 the same as the 308?

Im more concerned about the AR-stoner barrel if it's completely compatible with the DPMS BCG I have the BCG already still thinking about the barrel

tonelar
12-21-2011, 3:02 PM
Do .308 AR barrels have barrel extensions like on the .223 ones? If so, your BCG should be fine with any AR10 barrel.

You aren't really talking about that long a barrel, right?

five.five-six
12-21-2011, 3:53 PM
yes. .. well with armalite they do. I am using a socom4 stock on one of mine. and I am using a DPMS barrel in an armalite upper with a armalite barrel extension .... DPMS has a different barrel extension

mod1217
12-21-2011, 9:06 PM
ok Thanks guys for all your help just one last thing :p

What do you recomend I use for scope the kind that has a 50mm objective lens but wouldnt need to sell my house in order to afford it :clown:

Jpach
12-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Not sure what AR-STONER 308 barrels are, but I think I can help.

DPMS BCGs should only go with DPMS type barrels

Armalite BCGs should only go with Armalite type barrels

I'm going to also assume that KAC BCGs (as if you would find a random one for a build anyways) would go with a KAC barrel (same as in other parentheses).

Hoop
12-22-2011, 12:01 AM
The weaver 3-15 tactical scope might be an option.

IIRC AR-STONER barrels are made by wilson so probably okay but not great. Rainier Arms has a few different barrels in stock and you can get DPMS barrels from JSESUrplus. Also you could order something from Montana Rifleman or Blackhole Weaponry both of those places are bang for the buck makers.

Not a big fan of the PRS I like a carbine so my picks would be magpul ACS and a 16 or 18" barrel.

mod1217
12-22-2011, 8:08 AM
The weaver 3-15 tactical scope might be an option.

IIRC AR-STONER barrels are made by wilson so probably okay but not great. Rainier Arms has a few different barrels in stock and you can get DPMS barrels from JSESUrplus. Also you could order something from Montana Rifleman or Blackhole Weaponry both of those places are bang for the buck makers.

Not a big fan of the PRS I like a carbine so my picks would be magpul ACS and a 16 or 18" barrel.

I did checked Rainier Arms all of there barrels that I like are out of stock :facepalm: (I like the Stainless Steel Barrel). Montana and Blackhole both have a wait time so that wouldnt work cause i have been wanting to finish this before January 7 so im left with what brownel and midway has to offer. JSE is also out of stock :mad: but thank you for the list i will be needing them in my next build when I'm not in a hurry to finish a project.

In regards to the scope can you be more specific im looking at ofsprey but only OpticPlanet has them and saying I hate OpticPlanet is a understatement what do you think about Millet 4-16x50 or Nikon ProStaff 3-9x50