PDA

View Full Version : Who sells the FAb 10 type lowers in socal?

RAMCHARGER
03-08-2007, 11:00 AM
I want to mount my RRA upper on a FAB-10 or similar lower.
Who sells em in So Cal?

MonsterMan
03-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I want to mount my RRA upper on a FAB-10 or similar lower.
Who sells em in So Cal?

You may be able to find a used Fab-10 out there somewhere. Another company seals up lowers like Fab-10's, they are called Evans Gunsmithing. They are having some legal stuff going on with their stuff and I don't think they are making any more until they get it resolved. Their rifles are listed as AW's in CA.

Why would you want a FAB-10 style lower anyway? Go with a OLL.

:confused:

tenpercentfirearms
03-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I find that offering to trade a good off list lower straight across the board for a FAB-10 works out well. So much in fact, I need a couple more!

alpha_romeo_XV
03-08-2007, 2:47 PM
Discount Gun on Morena Blvd in San Diego had them (stripped) last time I was there for ? $200. Where ever you find one though, I would take your upper along and make sure it fits the exact S/N FAB lower that you plan to buy and take home after the 10 day wait.

diegojosh
03-08-2007, 3:23 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't bushmaster make a lower with a closed magwell also. I was even told that if you changed your mind and wanted an open magwell that you could send it to bushmaster and they would cut out the magwell for you. discount sells both fab 10 and bushmaster, but I'm not a big fan of there sales people.

Mag_Rat
03-08-2007, 3:28 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't bushmaster make a lower with a closed magwell also. I was even told that if you changed your mind and wanted an open magwell that you could send it to bushmaster and they would cut out the magwell for you. discount sells both fab 10 and bushmaster, but I'm not a big fan of there sales people.

Yeah bushmaster makes one.

+1 on discount selling them both but the sales people do suck.

AxonGap
03-08-2007, 4:03 PM
Hold on to your FABís, they are historic artifacts, a testament to screwed up Ca firearms law (more or less mutants for a freak show gallery).:eek:
Several years ago I asked the guy over at Grant Broís in Newport Beach if they had them and he just about had a heart attack. He gave me that patronizing look and in an angry voice told me that I would be a felon if I pursued one of those:mad: . Eventually I got one from Larry over at L&G. After the DROS period it felt kinda like what East Germans must have felt like when the Berlin wall came down. At first I felt dirty for wanting such a forbidden rifle but that feeling quickly faded when I broke it in.:D

BTW, it fits perfectly (no wobble at all) on my J&T upper, which is odd because it wobbles on my Doublestar lower (J&T+Doublestar = same company).

NRAhighpowershooter
03-08-2007, 8:44 PM
My FAB-10 is #75 I won't part with it for anything :cool:

Cesar G.
03-08-2007, 9:07 PM
i have #7 on my fab 10 when they where being made in marysville

CSACANNONEER
03-09-2007, 3:42 PM
You can still get FAB10s from L&G weaponry

http://lgweaponry.com/

I got mine from him when they first came out #53. It now resides under an ALS 50BMG upper and is registered as such.

NRAhighpowershooter
03-09-2007, 4:32 PM
$345 for a stripped FAB-10!!!! That guy is smoking crack......

MysteryCereal
03-09-2007, 5:27 PM
I have a FAB10 but it is beat to sh*t. I scratched the hell out of it when I was installing the lower parts kit. I bought a RRA lower a month later so it ended up being a big waste of money. Are they even worth anything in a scratched up state?

tenpercentfirearms
03-09-2007, 6:55 PM
Mystery, I will trade you any OLL I have in exchange for it. Just let me know.

MysteryCereal
03-09-2007, 8:27 PM
Mystery, I will trade you any OLL I have in exchange for it. Just let me know.

Trust me, I would love to trade and get rid of this thing, its just I already have a spare DPMS lower (got lucky, it doesnt say Panther anywhere on it, just A-15) and while it is true you could never have enough lower's, I'd have to spend another 70 just to get it transfered to me haha.

SI-guru
03-09-2007, 8:40 PM
I would never trade my FAB-10's, they are registered as multi-caliber per the 50 bmg registration. :D

ARRRR-15
03-09-2007, 9:07 PM
I would never trade my FAB-10's, they are registered as multi-caliber per the 50 bmg registration. :D

If that's the case I don't thing you would be able to trade anyways, unless it was to an AW dealer.:p