PDA

View Full Version : how big of PIA is bullet button for AR, and are their any AR-10s

Squid
12-20-2011, 4:06 PM
that are CA legal w/BButton?

How about H&K or FAL in .308 w/CA legal BB?

Is having a BButton something that will make the gun worthless outside of CA, or is their some way to more or less permanently override it without turning the gun into near junk?

Fjold
12-20-2011, 4:18 PM
The AR15 bullet button fits the AR10, I have one on my TM lower. The bullet button can be removed in about 30 seconds and does not alter the firearm permanently in any way.

12-20-2011, 4:20 PM
The bullet button is removable. If outside of CA (i.e. Nevada) just take off and attach a standard magazine releasr like normal.
No harm to the lower or any parts.
I beleive the same can be said for AK type rifle mag locks.

dieselpower
12-20-2011, 4:26 PM
The bullet button is removable. If outside of CA (i.e. Nevada) just take off and attach a standard magazine releasr like normal.
No harm to the lower or any parts.
I beleive the same can be said for AK type rifle mag locks.

AKs have a removable shroud mounted on the trigger guard...just remove the removable shroud on them.

Squid
12-20-2011, 4:42 PM
Do I just need to make sure the BButton is installed prior to crossing State Line and I'm all good and legal?

Anything about 'being in possession of' parts to make it non-CA regular???

Like maybe they can't be "in proximity"???

dieselpower
12-20-2011, 4:58 PM
Do I just need to make sure the BButton is installed prior to crossing State Line and I'm all good and legal?

the law is directed at the rifle in question, not the parts around it. I keep my normal magazine release lever in my grip storage along with the tool to swap it out quickly. 100% legal.

Squid
12-20-2011, 5:14 PM
those CA legal fixed mag top loaders I heard about?

MXRider
12-20-2011, 5:17 PM

I believe that was pre bullet button.

AeroEngi
12-20-2011, 5:20 PM

Just make sure you have your bullet button installed before you cross into California and completely disassemble any standard capacity mags (greater than 10 rounds) that you may have with you.

Squid
12-20-2011, 5:25 PM
Can a semi-auto have a Muzzle Brake, and wont a MB also tend to hide some flash?

dieselpower
12-20-2011, 5:25 PM

I believe that was pre bullet button.

the Bushmaster Top Loader is a carbon fiber fixed magazine rifle that has the magazine sealed into the lower and also a rivet holding it in place. It was the first AG/DoJ approved Fixed magazine rifle based on the AR15 design. Its a collectors item now...like the back-wards firing gun. Since the DoJ's BoF expert testified that the magazine lock and featureless rifles were NOT assault weapons you can not expect a second glance at your BB equipped rifle. Its NOT an AW.

dieselpower
12-20-2011, 5:26 PM
Can a semi-auto have a Muzzle Brake, and wont a MB also tend to hide some flash?

read the charts and the laws. you need to read more and ask questions less. all of this is in the searchable database on this website.

read calguns wiki too.

707electrician
12-20-2011, 5:38 PM

Muzzle brakes are fine, flash hiders are also fine on mag-locked rifles

tomd1584
12-20-2011, 5:42 PM
you asking your question split between the Title & the main message area? its a PITA to read. as DP mentioned, read the charts, laws, and the TONS of threads that have all this information. Calguns.net is a great wealth of info.