PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Safe Today!!

NeenachGuy
12-20-2011, 4:40 AM
After several weeks of agonizing over which safe to get, I finally pulled the trigger on a new AMSEC BF6032 today. Now, I'm just waiting for the delivery.

I'm just curious if anyone can point me to any pictures online (or post some itt), showing how the safe bolts down to the floor. Are the holes pretty well reinforced from the factory, or should I fabricate some steel plates to fit between the bolt heads and the floor of the safe? Also, how many bolts do folks typically use to anchor the safe to a concrete foundation? 2? all 4?

Also, the catalog indicates that the safes are pre-drilled for electricity, but it's not clear to me if there are additional accessories that I would need to actually connect the safe to the outlet? (and subsequently to me electrical doodads inside the safe.)

WWDHD?
12-20-2011, 8:16 AM
Nice choice. The BF is one of the best out there.
For the kind of money these things cost, shouldn't the sales guy be able to answer ALL these questions? Did they have one on display?

Casual_Shooter
12-20-2011, 8:20 AM
Good choice.

I don't have the Amsec, but my safe had a hole drilled in the back for an A/C line. The installer fed a wire through it and attached a plug once inside the safe.

My safe was installed using one bolt in the center. They drilled into the concrete and used a large threaded rod with a nut/ washer to tighten it down.

NeenachGuy
12-20-2011, 9:19 AM
Nice choice. The BF is one of the best out there.
For the kind of money these things cost, shouldn't the sales guy be able to answer ALL these questions? Did they have one on display?

They do, and they did... Guess I just wanted some other perspectives. Thanks.

bsg
12-20-2011, 9:28 AM
there is a good Sticky on a step-by-step instructional on bolting your safe... right here on "Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Locks & more." check it out for ideas and information.

congratulations on your safe.

GMG
12-20-2011, 9:51 AM
I have the BF 6036 and bolted down all four corners. Used over sized washers under the nuts.

TheSafeMover
12-20-2011, 11:10 AM
The easiest way is just leave the safe in place, use a 1/2 concrete bit on a hammer drill, drill all the way through the slab if possible, and use 3-4 concrete wedge anchors(Redheads are a common brand). For the amsec your going to need 4 bolts. And if you ever need to move the safe you just unbolt the nuts and drive the bolts into the concrete so they wont stick up.