PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service, Palmetto State Armory Style

royrapoport
12-19-2011, 9:48 PM
Like, I suspect, a bunch of other people I took advantage of PSAs Black Friday sale to purchase an upper; this going to California, I ordered the upper with a muzzle brake and specified in my directions that the brake was to be pinned and soldered. Normal turnaround was quoted at the time was "up to 15 business days to ship." Of course, I suspect they were also slammed, and the turnaround did not include the (admittedly trivial) pin and solder work.

The 15 days expired this last Friday, and on that day they emailed me to let me know they were trying to get everything out the door, but they failed to send my upper. I called them today and they pushed their folks to get the upper done. Then, because I told them I was hoping to have it for Christmas, they upgraded me to three day air from ground, so I'll have the upper Thursday. For free.

I dig 'em.

icenix
12-19-2011, 9:59 PM
Nice!!! I love great customer service.

Brown Rock
12-19-2011, 10:00 PM
PSA gave you a free upper? Damn those guys are awesome.

njineermike
12-19-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm still waiting on my upper to get shipped too. I'm being patient for now.

Vash357
12-19-2011, 10:26 PM
this going to California, I ordered the upper with a muzzle brake and specified in my directions that the brake was to be pinned and soldered.

Is this for a featureless rifle with a 14.5" barrel? Because if it was for a featured BB build you don't need a brake, and it doesn't need to be pinned if the barrel is over 16", featureless or not.

That said, PSA is pretty awesome to do that for you, I've ordered from them a few times too, good place.

royrapoport
12-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Vash, thanks for asking.

This is for a featureless rifle, with a 16" barrel. Had to not go with the A2 flash hider (featureless, dontchaknow), and that also meant that -- I believed -- it's not just that I couldn't have a flash hider, I couldn't have the threading, so I opted for the muzzle brake.

voiceoftheright
12-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Everyone else has great service from these guys. I guess it was just me who didn't, on 3 seperate occasions. Still, their prices are good and service isn't in the horrible status, just be prepared to wait longer than expected (what they tell you) would be my warning.

zfields
12-19-2011, 10:30 PM
You can have threading on a featureless build. Just no flashhider.

Vash357
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Cool. I've got a featureless 16" as well, fun times are ahead for you, lol.

What grip are you planning on using? I've got the Hammerhead grip myself and it works really well. Kinda goofy looking, but so are all the other solutions, ha. It's nice to be able to wrap your hand around the top though, I tried a grip wrap in a store once and it just didn't work for me.

royrapoport
12-19-2011, 10:38 PM
The lower is all finished -- PSA lower, with Hammerhead and the ACE Ultra-light stock (in the standard position). Dying to get this completed -- my wife wants us to go shooting Christmas day.

Nachoman
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I've had good luck with PSA CS as well. They screwed it up my order, quickly worked to make it right, and threw in a little bonus for the trouble. That's about as good as you'll get nowadays. My guess is that they are really busy, so things might be slipping thru the cracks, but they seem to be really on top of owning up to the mistakes and quickly correcting them. It's smart on their part to do this as well, they might lose a couple bucks making up for a mistake, but they keep the goodwill of a customer who is very likely to buy a high dollar item in the future.

roushstage2
12-20-2011, 12:12 AM
They have made everything right with my order. I've got no reason to go anywhere else thus far besides PSA. Hopefully, after getting all of the Black Friday and Christmas orders together and shipped, everything goes back to "normal."

Nismo
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Vash, thanks for asking.

This is for a featureless rifle, with a 16" barrel. Had to not go with the A2 flash hider (featureless, dontchaknow), and that also meant that -- I believed -- it's not just that I couldn't have a flash hider, I couldn't have the threading, so I opted for the muzzle brake.

You've pinned it without having to since its an already 16" barrel.

royrapoport
12-20-2011, 6:45 AM
Heh. "Oops."

I'm frankly not that concerned about the apparently-unnecessary pinning of the muzzle brake, thankfully, though I wish I hadn't made PSA jump through that particular hoop :)

usaf_yz426
12-20-2011, 7:45 AM
I have had great experience with Palmetto State Armory, when i ordered my AR rifle kit i was told that the wait was going to be 2 weeks, but it arrived at my door step a week after i ordered it. When I inventoried all the parts i found that they forgot to include my trigger gaurd assembly, i emailed them and they rushed my missing parts out the door. I will deff. be doing buisness with PSA in the future.

FastFinger
12-20-2011, 9:52 AM
I also rcvd my upper before the predicted delivery date. Very pleased with their CS and product.