PDA

View Full Version : Optic recommendation for new PWS MK1

sactobill
12-19-2011, 7:50 PM
I have a new PWS MK116 that is sitting in jail now and I am looking at different optic options.

Any recommendations on Aimpoint, Eotech or Acog? Primary use would be shooting for fun at ranges of 100 yards and less.

Thanks!

Bill

goodlookin1
12-20-2011, 6:59 AM
Eotech

Don29palms
12-20-2011, 7:18 AM
I prefer EOTech. I have a 517. I like the AA batteries for it. I use rechargeables. I looked at many sights and I liked the EOTech best. You mighht not. Look through as many as you can and pick the best options for you.

repr patriot
12-20-2011, 7:31 AM
I would put an Aimpoint Comp M4s myself. That is what Todd and Mitch of PWS have on theirs.
Also curious to know who in the Sac area is carrying PWS?

sactobill
12-20-2011, 7:37 AM
Repr patriot,

Wild Bill's in Elk Grove had a 14 inch model and the 16. I bought the 16 :). Plus he's offering a 10% discount on any AR15 rifle in stock.

repr patriot
12-20-2011, 4:40 PM
I just put a PWS 14.5 MK1 upper on a spikes lower with LWRC lower kit and PWS 416 enhanced buffer tube. I bought it direct due to a discount I received for taking a LMS class up in Fernley. I haven't seen any PWS products in Sac yet, I will have to go check out Wild Bill's, I had never heard of them. By the way so far so good on the upper, no FTF/FTE, just really fun to shoot. :thumbsup:

stormy_clothing
12-20-2011, 4:49 PM
depends on your likes - right now I am really digging very light weight thin frame holo grapic options like the leupold delta reflex sight

http://webyshops.com/ns/images/Leupold/LEUPOLD-DeltaPoint-Reflex-Sight-7-5-MOA-Delta-Cross-Slot-Mount-Profile-59665-Pic1.jpg

btw congrats on your new rifle I love PWS rifles having shot quite a few I find them very reliable.

sactobill
12-20-2011, 4:57 PM
I went to check out some options and I think I'm going with an Eotech. Optics Planet seems to have a nice sale right now.

Repr,

I went into Wild Bills just to see what they have. I thought they just had cowboy stuff. Go to the back and the entire back wall is full of black rifles. Pretty impressive selection and a 10% off sale going on. They also had PWS MK II's that I was drooling over. Maybe next time. The owner is a pretty big PWS fan. He showed me his phone with pics of his PWS collection. Just his personal collection is enough to open a new gun store. :)

goodlookin1
12-21-2011, 6:58 AM
I went to check out some options and I think I'm going with an Eotech. Optics Planet seems to have a nice sale right now.

Repr,

I went into Wild Bills just to see what they have. I thought they just had cowboy stuff. Go to the back and the entire back wall is full of black rifles. Pretty impressive selection and a 10% off sale going on. They also had PWS MK II's that I was drooling over. Maybe next time. The owner is a pretty big PWS fan. He showed me his phone with pics of his PWS collection. Just his personal collection is enough to open a new gun store. :)

I'd check out some of the retailers here on these forums. They swear they can get you the best price available....

10% is not that much of a discount. I can tell you that I had the opportunity to buy a XPS 2-0 for $405 + $12 shipping from a legit reseller here. Who knows how low the 517/512 would have been!

To be clear, I am not saying "dont go with opticsplanet"....they are a sponsored vendor here and a good reseller. I would just shop it around for the best price. If that happens to be optics planet, then more power to you.

sactobill
12-21-2011, 8:48 AM
No when I mentioned the 10% discount it was off any AR15 type rifle including PWS and LWRC.

crazychinaman
12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
the cheapset is with Eotech,uses AA batteries,and no mount required.The bad side is the on and off switch. Reqiured two fingers for off.The Aimpoint is good ,But cost and having to buy a mount so you can use regular sites and the battery,hard to find .The good is that you only need to turn dial for on and off.I have 4 of each on several rifles.

vintagearms
12-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Aimpoint PRO.

MontClaire
12-21-2011, 11:53 AM
up to 100 yards I would just use eotech or iron sights.

Cyphre
12-21-2011, 12:01 PM
EOtech all the way. I picked up a 511 several years ago for something like $250. Granted, it uses N type batteries, but definitely cheaper than all other options at the time. Can probably find used ones around the forums or online elsewhere.

sactobill
12-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Vintagearms,

Where did you find the PRO? I thought it was only for LE?

vintagearms
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Vintagearms,

Where did you find the PRO? I thought it was only for LE?

Yes and no. They state its for LE/Mil/Security only but no vendors ask for ID. I think they have kinda dropped that requirement or at least havent been strict with it. G&R tactical, Botach, Palmetto, etc carry it. Maybe even opticsplanet. It is a nice sight. It has replaced an EOtech XPS on my gun.

sactobill
12-21-2011, 1:43 PM
Vintagearms,
I checked Botach and they require a LE ID prior to ordering. Everyone else doesn't even have it listed on their website. G&R had it listed but was out of stock.

12-22-2011, 2:21 AM
Any recommendations on Aimpoint, Eotech or Acog? Primary use would be shooting for fun at ranges of 100 yards and less.

Aimpoint Micro T1/H1