PDA

View Full Version : Deuce and a Half, now $7999!!

Kestryll
03-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Well, someone has to break in the new forum! :D

A friend of mine is selling a near-mint condition Deuce and a Half military truck.
He asked for my help so I put together a simple page and told him I'd post it here. If you like this type of vehicle this one is a nice one!
Information and pictures can be found at this website:
http://nordbergs.net/truck/trucksale.html

PanzerAce
03-07-2007, 11:35 PM
I was going to say that I would take it, but its beyond my means, looks good though.

hoffmang
03-07-2007, 11:41 PM
If I had a place to park it I'd buy it. I've always wanted one.

guimus
03-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, if only I could park it within 5 miles of my house...

thedrickel
03-08-2007, 1:09 AM
If I had a place to park it I'd buy it. I've always wanted one.

You can park it in front of my house. There's no street cleaning and I'll move it every 3 days so it doesn't get towed :D

thefinger
03-08-2007, 1:53 AM
looks like a good commuter car.:D

jmlivingston
03-08-2007, 7:00 AM
Wow, that would be a lot of fun! Somehow I don't think my wife would agree with that however. One question about it, you say it has a historical plate on it. What year was it manufactured? It should be located on a metal plate attached to the dash board on the passenger side.

John

SemiAutoSam
03-08-2007, 7:45 AM
What year is this AM General ?

I have a truck tractor in the same weight class as this little truck.

Mine is a M275 and also have a 5 ton cargo truck M54A2 WOW.

this looks to be a M35A1 but I could be wrong there should be a data plate just above the glove box. that has other information you might suggest he add to the website. also If he is a MVPA member you might suggest he post this add in the club paper called SUPPLY LINE. and on the MVPA website.
http://www.mvpa.org/mambo/index.php

XeRoFuN
03-08-2007, 9:06 AM
That is NICE! I can't imagine the look on people's faces if you drive by in one of those. Been in the market for a car/truck/whatever. That won't fit in my garage though :(

WokMaster1
03-08-2007, 9:24 AM
Hmmmm! lower the body, some rice rocket technology, new paint, killer sound system......................... but it'll be a ***** to park in San Francisco.:D

megavolt121
03-08-2007, 9:58 AM
Hmmmm! lower the body, some rice rocket technology, new paint, killer sound system......................... but it'll be a ***** to park in San Francisco.:D

Not really.. I mean you'd just park on top of those little civics. And just to keep the hippies happy, you can run biodiesel, or veggie oil.

jmlivingston
03-08-2007, 10:02 AM
And probably run it without doing any major conversion work! :rolleyes: Those engines seem to run on almost anything. (Diesel, Kerosene, gasoling, av-gas, and I want to say our FM even had provisions for JP4).

John

MustangO4
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I used to drive one when I was enlisted and they are a blast. It took me 15 seconds to send to my wife with the please,please,please email. Where is it located? I'd love to go see it. I'll shoot him an email too.

SDJim
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
That's a little excess for my needs. I'd be happy with a UNI-MOG.

maschronic
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
i've always wanted one of those!! they are awesome looking!! i'm not sure if Irvine would like me driving in one of those!!! NICE TRUCK!!

Kestryll
03-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I used to drive one when I was enlisted and they are a blast. It took me 15 seconds to send to my wife with the please,please,please email. Where is it located? I'd love to go see it. I'll shoot him an email too.

I think it's still in the West San Fernando Valley area but he may have moved it up to Thousand Oaks. I'll pass him the word to check his email, he's not the most computer focused person which is why I'm doing this for him. ;)

I'll also pass on to him how to find the date of manufacture, that will help a lot.

SemiAutoSam
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
You wont find parts for a UNI-MOG as easy as you will for a M series truck.

Also Kest the MVPA website and paper supply line is a great way to sell M series trucks, I sold 5 of them that way in the last 10 years.

That's a little excess for my needs. I'd be happy with a UNI-MOG.

Kestryll
03-08-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll give the site a look!
I seem to have been elected salesman for his truck! ;)

It's cool, it's helping a friend so it's okay.

WokMaster1
03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Not really.. I mean you'd just park on top of those little civics. And just to keep the hippies happy, you can run biodiesel, or veggie oil.

It's San Francisco. Truffle oil would do nicely:D
If's it's Beverly Hills, body fat from the liposuction clinics.........:eek:

MustangO4
03-08-2007, 1:02 PM
The wife is being stubborn about the $, so let us know what he is looking for in the partial trade offers too, guns, gear, small children, vast collection of designer women's purses and shoes(wearer included)......

xenophobe
03-08-2007, 1:03 PM
Wow... that is sweet. Fully serviced and ready to just drive away.

I miss driving my Deuce and my Hummer....

hoffmang
03-08-2007, 1:06 PM
I may have found parking...

-Gene

Kestryll
03-08-2007, 1:20 PM
I may have found parking...

-Gene

Your neighbor tick you off Gene?

:D

SemiAutoSam
03-08-2007, 1:23 PM
Kest can you sell my boat?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/73SangerOnLake.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/73sanger-1.gif

scootergmc
03-08-2007, 2:12 PM
Kest can you sell my boat?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/73SangerOnLake.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/73sanger-1.gif

Post it up here!!!

Kestryll
03-08-2007, 2:25 PM
He's got a point Sam, put up a post! That's what this forum is for! ;)

icormba
03-08-2007, 4:20 PM
hmmm... getting this might make those Panoche trips a little easier? :D

Tweak338
03-08-2007, 4:37 PM
hmmm... getting this might make those Panoche trips a little easier? :D

Indeed, we all jump in the back with our gear, and off we go.

hoffmang
03-08-2007, 4:49 PM
Kes,

Its funny you should say that. A neighbor of mine made off with a bunch of rigging from my little sport sailboat and continues to move it around. An office mate reminded me of that and said I should switch out my boat for the 'Duece and put a sign on it that says, "move this!"

Got the email and the number btw.

-Gene

Sgt Raven
03-08-2007, 9:09 PM
What year is this AM General ?

It would be a '72 or newer model, the 1967 model series has low exhaust that exits between the right side duals.

SemiAutoSam
03-08-2007, 9:12 PM
Gene

Not sure if your aware but M series trucks don't have a key switch and or even door locks only a Battery switch and a start button. as its most likely a 5 speed transmission it would not be too hard to get going unless you installed a hidden battery disconnect. or took the connector cable between the batteries every time you parked it.

A padlock is also a common thing on M series trucks from the door jam up and around the steering wheel is how its usually done.

The correct government locks are sold on e bay every so often.

Kes,

Its funny you should say that. A neighbor of mine made off with a bunch of rigging from my little sport sailboat and continues to move it around. An office mate reminded me of that and said I should switch out my boat for the 'Duece and put a sign on it that says, "move this!"

Got the email and the number btw.

-Gene

mine didn't. It came out just behind the body on the passenger side. Mine had a army depot overhaul in 1990 however.

It would be a '72 or newer model, the 1967 model series has low exhaust that exits between the right side duals.

tenpercentfirearms
03-10-2007, 9:22 AM
I could use that as a scooter transporter!

xYourLocalAR15x
03-12-2007, 7:23 PM
not to thread jack, but if you need parts for the military trucks... PM me.

SemiAutoSam
03-12-2007, 7:36 PM
How much for a M998 hood and driver door ?

And a Rear axle for a M113, a Steel hardtop for a M52A2 with the hole already rut out for the ring mount would be great.

I have no desire to destroy its current hardtop as its painted to match the rest of the truck.

Need the frame extenders for a M818 and the PTO to convert from WOW to WW.

not to thread jack, but if you need parts for the military trucks... PM me.

xYourLocalAR15x
03-16-2007, 5:10 PM
How much for a M998 hood and driver door ?

And a Rear axle for a M113, a Steel hardtop for a M52A2 with the hole already rut out for the ring mount would be great.

I have no desire to destroy its current hardtop as its painted to match the rest of the truck.

Need the frame extenders for a M818 and the PTO to convert from WOW to WW.

just spoke with my father. He doesnt have a lot of the parts in stock, but he has the outter shell and internals for the m998 driver door. let me know if you're interested.

Whitesmoke
03-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Quick story about my first time driving a Deuce that always makes me laugh when I remember it....:D

I got called in the middle of the night to go help with a flood relief effort....Well, I show up and they ask if I have a Deuce license. I say no (I was a new 11B)...they tell me I will in a minute...lol. So the Sgt. types me up a license while I help load the deuce. He hands it to me and sends me on a 5 hour trip driving a deuce by myself in a convoy.

The problem was this.....I left at like 1 AM and it dark and I didn't have a flashlight with me. Every time I was try shifting gears (in a typical car H- pattern) the engine would bog down and I had a heck of a time accelerating from stop lights and on freeway onramps. and down shifting didn't help much either.

Well, finally the sun started coming up and I could see the plate on the dash with the shift pattern on it.....ooops. Then I knew what I had done wrong....that H-pattern wasn't quite standard...lol.

jerryb78
03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
excellent for going to get grocery at the store. better if you got a tank track. to bad i got no where to park this thing. still a resonable deal

Kestryll
04-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Back to the top for a reduced price!

My friend has decided to lower the price in order to find a new home for this, he's going out of State soon for a job and wants to sell this before leaving so he's dropped the price by almost a third.
Check the link for info and the new price!!
http://www.nordbergs.net/truck/trucksale.html

boogak
04-16-2007, 9:14 AM

+1 too bad no parking in sf

ccampbell
04-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Great for dropping the kids at school ;)

xenophobe
04-16-2007, 2:36 PM
Wow. It sucks being poor... That would sooo be mine. :(

PanzerAce
04-16-2007, 2:50 PM
Wow. It sucks being poor... That would sooo be mine. :(

agreed.

xenophobe
04-16-2007, 4:25 PM
I even have a place to park it. Ugh...

PanzerAce
04-16-2007, 9:43 PM
I even have a place to park it. Ugh...

*glares* So do I. For me, it is a race to see if I get enough money for a Porsche 944, or if this drops to what I can afford first :D