PDA

View Full Version : Gonna order my safe tomorrow...yipee

stangman86gt
12-19-2011, 5:12 PM
I got my quote back today from terry at sturdy safes, and I was happier then I though I'd be with it.

So, tomorrow I should be ordering my 2723 #2 interior w/ no side shelves and the easy out loop from sturdy.

What made me come to this buy is the fact that he beats the crap out of his own safes, and they still work. As well as, all of the positive feedback I have read over the net...sounds like there are some minor gripes with the interior of them, but from the sound of it it probably won't matter to much for me.

Sure they don't look fancy(Although I read they still look dang good...more to come on then when I get it), but you don't get a safe(or atleast I don't) to have it look good and protect worth a crap.

I'll be able to give some more feedback about the safe when I receive it.

mike

tpf68
12-19-2011, 5:42 PM
Congrats! You won't be disappointed with a Sturdy.

My only other advise is to get as big a safe as you can afford the first time. You WILL outgrow it sooner than you think.

kermitz
12-19-2011, 5:43 PM
Good choice on the Sturdy, you will be more than happy.

stangman86gt
12-20-2011, 5:13 PM
Welp, I finalized the order this morning around 10am. I can't wait to get it.

bsg
12-21-2011, 1:50 PM
congratulations on your safe.

Ubermcoupe
12-21-2011, 5:03 PM
Congrats Stang! I am awaiting pictures of this beauty. :D

WWDHD?
12-22-2011, 1:03 AM
I've had the 32x24 for almost a year and love it. There might be a few better safes out there but none in this price range. Mine is plenty big, it'll be awhile until I out grow it.
Did you get the fire-lining? I skipped it due to cost and the fact that I live less than half-mile from a fire station.

DSB
12-22-2011, 7:33 AM
Do you mind telling us what your final cost was?

Ackrite
12-22-2011, 7:42 AM
Congrats. Please bolt it down. Just read through old treads to see why

jshu01
12-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Ordered mine last week, a 3224-6. Was told 3 weeks delivery time due to the extra options i ordered. Can't wait.

stangman86gt
12-22-2011, 3:41 PM
I've had the 32x24 for almost a year and love it. There might be a few better safes out there but none in this price range. Mine is plenty big, it'll be awhile until I out grow it.
Did you get the fire-lining? I skipped it due to cost and the fact that I live less than half-mile from a fire station.

same the fire station is less than half a mile from me. So, i skipped it as well.

Do you mind telling us what your final cost was?
1335 out the door.

WWDHD?
12-23-2011, 12:42 AM
One of the thing I like most about my Sturdy Safe is the really tight gap (or lack of) on the door. Its so slight that theres no way you could get a credit card in there much less a prybar or chisel.
Knowing your valuables are secured when your away from home is worth every penny.

davebw226
12-23-2011, 9:51 AM
Can anyone tell me how Sturdy Safes stack up against Sportsman Safes? I have a Sportsman that I like but looking to buy a second safe.

tpf68
12-23-2011, 8:09 PM
Can anyone tell me how Sturdy Safes stack up against Sportsman Safes? I have a Sportsman that I like but looking to buy a second safe.

I don't think you could improve on the build/design of a Sturdy. If you call them and ask any questions, you'll be talking to Terry, the owner of the company and the designer of the safes. He can tell you why his safes are built the way they are an the bennefits of them. You won't be able to beat their customer service, but you shouldn't need it after you purchase a safe from them. I've had one of their safes for over 15 years and never had any issues with it. I've read horror stories about Sportsman Safe's customer service (read lack there of).

oddjob
12-23-2011, 9:06 PM
Just left a friend's house and he has a Liberty Franklin, Hall's Safe, Cannon and a Sturdy. The Sturdy is the one he would get again.

thmpr
12-23-2011, 9:13 PM
The sturdy safes are pricey for a reason --> quality! One day...

davebw226
12-24-2011, 6:43 PM
Anyone want to lead a group buy on sturdy safes again?

stangman86gt
12-24-2011, 7:57 PM
Anyone want to lead a group buy on sturdy safes again?

oh sure after i just buy one =P

JaeOne3345
12-29-2011, 2:40 AM
same the fire station is less than half a mile from me. So, i skipped it as well.

1335 out the door.

Was that on sale or something?

stangman86gt
12-29-2011, 4:38 PM
Was that on sale or something?

No...from what i understand the prices they have on their website are included with the price of shipping to the east coast. So, since we live closer its cheaper for us.

Just contact them via the website( http://www.sturdysafe.com/quickquote.htm ), and they will get back to you(terry called me himself, I felt all special and stuff hehe)

mike

JaeOne3345
12-29-2011, 5:40 PM
Hmmm.. That makes sense.

I kept running the numbers trying to figure out how you got that quote. Thanks. I was going crazy.

stangman86gt
01-06-2012, 9:10 PM
whew it finally came!

After a few delays in getting it to me(nothing on the sturdy side of things)...one being i needed it delivered on a friday, and last friday was a holiday for the trucking company. So, no go that week.

Then the shipping company that picked up the safe said they don't deliver this far north and they were going to return the safe back to sturdy(why'd they pick it up in the first place then...some people). However, they ended up bringing it up here, but NOT garage delivery like i wanted...hell they couldn't even bring it to my house. They said they could take it to a near by les schwab who agreed to help out with a fork lift. I didn't want to wait any longer and I knew my buds and I could pick it up into the back of my truck,so I agreed.

In the end everything looked good, and we easily picked up the 632lbs(yay physics) and slid it into the back of my truck. Got it home, and again easily slid it back out.

After I unwrapped it, my friends were really impressed and really liked the granite finish on the safe...I must say I am really impressed with the finish as well...they say they don't have a fancy finish on there, but i disagree. This is definitely beyond anything I thought it would be.

The locking mechanism feels just as solid as they say it is(only thing i have to go on is how it feels opening and closing). As they show in some pictures...I can't fit a dime in the gaps either.

The interior has a nice grey finish...My only gripe is the fact that there is no carpeted wood on the bottom. The reason this would be nice is because after i bolt the safe down the bolts are going to be sticking up into the safe now and possibly ding one of my rifles. They did however give a piece of carpet to go on the bottom. So, I'll just end up ripping my own wood and glue that carpet to wood(problem solved yay).

If I have to buy another safe in the future it will definitely be another sturdy safe.

Hope this helps some of you in your decision on buying a safe(with whoever you end up buying it from)

mike