PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD9 Wait Time

Darios
12-19-2011, 7:19 AM
My dad and I went to go purchase a Springfield XD9 about 2 weeks ago at the Reseda location for the sale price listed in the Holiday Advert. We were told that they were out of stock, we decided to leave a deposit for one anyways. The gentleman who helped us told us that there was a list of about 70 people waiting for them and there was no definite way of telling how long it would take for guns to come into stock. I have tried calling twice and have been given a "run around" and feel like the employees at the Reseda location are just giving me a BS excuse.
I would like definite answer to when these guns will become available, I do not wish to lose our deposit or have to wait 3-4 months for the gun.
Thank you.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-19-2011, 10:12 AM
My dad and I went to go purchase a Springfield XD9 about 2 weeks ago at the Reseda location for the sale price listed in the Holiday Advert. We were told that they were out of stock, we decided to leave a deposit for one anyways. The gentleman who helped us told us that there was a list of about 70 people waiting for them and there was no definite way of telling how long it would take for guns to come into stock. I have tried calling twice and have been given a "run around" and feel like the employees at the Reseda location are just giving me a BS excuse.
I would like definite answer to when these guns will become available, I do not wish to lose our deposit or have to wait 3-4 months for the gun.
Thank you.

As always, you will not lose your deposit if a gun you have on order does not come in on time- the "on-time" part being your choice of how long is too long.

That said, we don't see any XD order taking 3 or 4 months. And for that matter we just got a boat load of XD Essential packages and had some XD Standard packages come in.

Unfortunately, the stores are correct- they can only guesstimate to the extent that don't know any better than we do when Springfield is going to fill all of our orders. As we do get shipments, the stores will allocate orders to any outstanding orders on "earliest deposit, first filled" basis. And we are receiving a new shipment weekly, so it shouldn't really be that long.

Darios
12-20-2011, 9:12 AM
Thank you for the prompt response. I will call in later next week. I just need to be more patient.

Tee Why
12-22-2011, 9:53 AM
Just an FYI, I picked up my XD9 Essential Kit two days ago and yesterday put 150 rounds through the things and it's a very nice gun.

I was very hesitent about all the safety features (I'm a minimalist) but after having handled and shot the gun, the design and the features really makes good sense and they are all non intrusive IMO. Highly recommend the XD 9 and it's such a great price too. My friend who I took to shoot with the XD for the second time in her life really liked the gun too. Too bad by the time she's ready to buy, the deal will have long been gone. I was initially going to transfer the gun to her when she was ready but I may end up keeping it for myself.
:)

Darios
12-22-2011, 3:42 PM
Just an FYI, I picked up my XD9 Essential Kit two days ago and yesterday put 150 rounds through the things and it's a very nice gun.

I was very hesitent about all the safety features (I'm a minimalist) but after having handled and shot the gun, the design and the features really makes good sense and they are all non intrusive IMO. Highly recommend the XD 9 and it's such a great price too. My friend who I took to shoot with the XD for the second time in her life really liked the gun too. Too bad by the time she's ready to buy, the deal will have long been gone. I was initially going to transfer the gun to her when she was ready but I may end up keeping it for myself.
:)

Thanks for the insight. It makes the wait more worth it. :D

Tee Why
02-01-2012, 1:20 PM
An update, got an email from Springfield about a week ago that my coupon for the 3 free mags and a mag pouch was received and approved and today I got a delivery of the items. Pretty fast considering they said expect 8-12 week delivery time.

May pouch is a typical plastic type you see everywhere, probably won't use it but will definitely use all of my 5 mags now.

I started the dros process on the last day of the coupon and they honored that without having gotten a serial number. Springfiled gets a big thumbs up from me.

TheHammerOfTruth
02-01-2012, 10:20 PM
OP, I dont know if you are new to buying guns but 3-4 months to wait is just not that long. As a matte of fact, 16 weeks is the standard for alot of companies. Especially if you want anything custom. I called Les Baer this week and was told 20 weeks for any new order, and I had a friend wait over 6 months for a Springfield World War 2 Mil-Spec 45. Dont get discouraged, its always worth the wait.
Hope this helps.

Darios
02-05-2012, 12:56 AM
OP, I dont know if you are new to buying guns but 3-4 months to wait is just not that long. As a matte of fact, 16 weeks is the standard for alot of companies. Especially if you want anything custom. I called Les Baer this week and was told 20 weeks for any new order, and I had a friend wait over 6 months for a Springfield World War 2 Mil-Spec 45. Dont get discouraged, its always worth the wait.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, it wasn't anything custom just a plain XD9 essential, my first handgun :). In the end I had a great experience at Turners, Springfield was just backed up. Picking it up on Tuesday.

Tee Why
02-05-2012, 9:15 PM
Cool congrats.

skis
02-16-2012, 1:38 PM
I bought my girlfriend the subcompact 9mm a little over two weeks ago and we're waiting as well. The damn XDs are too popular!