PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have a BCM "Blem" Lower?

PsychGuy274
12-18-2011, 6:42 PM
I've been thinking of getting one because they're significantly cheaper, but they dobn't have pictures of them. Are they absolutely horrible or are they not too bad? This is going to be for a build that I'm going to run hard and abuse so I don't need it too look pretty, but I also don't want it to look like a piece of junk. If anyone has pics that'd help.

Thanks.

MrPlink
12-18-2011, 7:00 PM
I dont have one, but Ive been told they are just minor cosmetic blems. I would guess in the anodizing, and probably nothing you can't just touch up yourself.

Kerplow
12-18-2011, 7:08 PM
I bought a Beretta "blem" 92FS several years ago and I'm yet to find the blem. :shrug:

nick
12-18-2011, 7:20 PM
I got one from a group buy a year or two ago. I'm yet to find that "blem". However, now that it's becoming a part of an AR pistol, it'll have plenty of "blems" :)

Correction - I was talking about a BCM upper. It does help to read the title.

Speedpower
12-18-2011, 7:49 PM
I bought a Blemish lower from Tactical Machining (TM10), the only blem I can see is a tiny little nick which you can't even tell unless you look for it.

Nutso
12-18-2011, 8:22 PM
I bought a blemished BCM lower from G&R Tactical. I really couldn't find anything that I personally would call a blemish. A couple of small specks that I had to feel with my fingers and were only visible from a certain angle were all I could guess were the blemish.

I would not hesitate to get another.

PsychGuy274
12-18-2011, 10:03 PM
So I've been doing more research and I'm coming up with the same things as you guys. It just seems weird that they knock off a whole 25% for blemishes that people seem to have a hard time finding. Maybe I will pick up a couple then :D

Noah3683
12-18-2011, 10:12 PM
My friend has one. Didn't find any blems on it other than very slight spot about the size of a pencil eraser that was slightly blacker. The spot was on the tang for the pistol grip though so it's covered anyway :shrug:

loosewreck
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
I've been thinking of getting one because they're significantly cheaper, but they dobn't have pictures of them. Are they absolutely horrible or are they not too bad? This is going to be for a build that I'm going to run hard and abuse so I don't need it too look pretty, but I also don't want it to look like a piece of junk. If anyone has pics that'd help.

Thanks.

So I've been doing more research and I'm coming up with the same things as you guys. It just seems weird that they knock off a whole 25% for blemishes that people seem to have a hard time finding. Maybe I will pick up a couple then :D

There was a guy, that had a definitive answer to this question and was posting a whole lot lately, until... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Hope he wasn't totally discouraged and comes back.

themailman
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
It says alot about a companies QC when a near perfect lower is considered a blem.

Noah3683
12-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I heard a rumor that the blems are usually just a slightly different shade than they like. Which would make sense since nobody ever finds anything of actual substance

themailman
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
There was a guy, that had a definitive answer to this question and was posting a whole lot lately, until... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

The same guy also sells more BCM Blems than anyone else, and for a killer price. He'd probably know more about BCM Blems than almost anyone else. But, if he were to tell you about them, people would call him a liar, a shill, and then ban him when he sticks up for himself.

CGN members make alot of good people want to leave sometimes. Dont worry, I have it on good authority that he will in fact be back.

PsychGuy274
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM

Wait...wut?

Noah3683
12-18-2011, 10:32 PM
The same guy also sells more BCM Blems than anyone else, and for a killer price. He'd probably know more about BCM Blems than almost anyone else. But, if he were to tell you about them, people would call him a liar, a shill, and then ban him when he sticks up for himself.

CGN members make alot of good people want to leave sometimes. Dont worry, I have it on good authority that he will in fact be back.

:iagree: :hide:

Code7inOaktown
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM

Yeah, sort of like Randall of AR15 barrels? ):

Sometimes it does seem like the forums need more moderation when there are true SME here vs. fanboys.

freonr22
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Mailman, he will be back in day I think. In fairness to all, both parties were not talking about the same thing, if anyone read the first few posts

C4iGrant
12-19-2011, 6:19 AM

Thanks for the support guys.

No, they did not run us off (takes WAAAY more than that). ;)

Now back to answering the question at hand. We sell the bulk of BCM Blems and are CA's dealer contact for BCM. The main difference between a blem lower and a non-blem lower is the roll marks. The blem lower has BCM spelled out and the non-blems have the initials (BCM).

There is ZERO difference between the internals used in the blem lower and non-blem lowers. It is also quite possible that the so called "blem" lower doesn't have a blem at all. ;)

C4

BAGunner
12-19-2011, 7:27 AM
Welcome back!

C4iGrant
12-19-2011, 7:40 AM
Welcome back!

LOL, thanks.

C4

glock7
12-19-2011, 5:29 PM
Welcome back grant. I'm headed back to the dark side. Lol

C4iGrant
12-19-2011, 7:08 PM
Welcome back grant. I'm headed back to the dark side. Lol

LOL, Dark Side? Is that "its" name?

Funny story, when I went to Naval Cryptology School, the sign outside of the building said; "You are now entering the dark side."

The cool chit always happens on the dark side. ;)

C4

icenix
12-19-2011, 8:22 PM
I don't know about them, but I kind of feel like the BCM upper I just got in the mail may be a blem, lol. There are a few spots that are not coated well and there is a line around the end of the barrel that looks like a sharpie draw around the barrel. Not sure what to do about it since I didn't order a blem.

Dark Sky Solutions
12-19-2011, 8:28 PM
Grant do you have any blems available?

Gnome
12-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Okay fellas, pardon my ignorance, but why would someone want to spend $269 (discounted price) on a blemished lower? Calguns as a whole has repeatedly said that a lower, is a lower(absent billet vs. forged argument). It just depends on what logo you want on it. Is this not true? Am I missing something?

C4iGrant,

It is not my intention to take any business away from you. I'm just curious as to why a blemished lower fom BCM is in such high demand. They seem somewhat pricey.

WW2Buff
12-20-2011, 3:09 AM
I do. I couldn't find much and have doubled the "blems" with a few matches, hikes and general shooting. Buy with confidence. I purchased mine from G&R. They use the valmfire mag lock too, which is one of my favorites.

themailman
12-20-2011, 3:19 AM
Okay fellas, pardon my ignorance, but why would someone want to spend $269 (discounted price) on a blemished lower? Calguns as a whole has repeatedly said that a lower, is a lower(absent billet vs. forged argument). It just depends on what logo you want on it. Is this not true? Am I missing something?

C4iGrant,

It is not my intention to take any business away from you. I'm just curious as to why a blemished lower fom BCM is in such high demand. They seem somewhat pricey.

Thats 249 for a complete lower, assembled with high quality parts, sold by a company with the best CS and QC in the business. Where else in the world will you find that?

And the notion that a lower is a lower is crazy. Anyone who has had to work around DPMS lower reciever parts know that there is a difference between quality and crap.

C4iGrant
12-20-2011, 4:22 AM
I don't know about them, but I kind of feel like the BCM upper I just got in the mail may be a blem, lol. There are a few spots that are not coated well and there is a line around the end of the barrel that looks like a sharpie draw around the barrel. Not sure what to do about it since I didn't order a blem.

They do not do BLEM uppers.

If you feel something is not right, drop them a line.

Simple as that.

C4

C4iGrant
12-20-2011, 4:22 AM
Grant do you have any blems available?

Yes we do.

C4

C4iGrant
12-20-2011, 4:26 AM

C4iGrant,

To a certain degree, stripped lowers are stripped lowers. As long as the mag drops free and the FC pins are in spec it comes down to roll marks and what you like.

With that said, what matters is the internals. The BCM LPK's is one of the best on the market and their Receiver Extension is probably the best IMHO. The lower also comes with an H buffer.

C4

icenix
12-20-2011, 7:27 AM
They do not do BLEM uppers.

C4

I know, that is kind of my point though. I may give them a call. I just don't know if this kind of thing is normal.

freonr22
12-20-2011, 7:44 AM
Maybe it's time for bcm to Get a spot in the commercial vendor section?

C4iGrant
12-20-2011, 8:05 AM
I know, that is kind of my point though. I may give them a call. I just don't know if this kind of thing is normal.

Without seeing good pics, it is hard to say if it is normal or not.

C4