PDA

View Full Version : will lowers no longer be available in the near future??

un_ave
03-07-2007, 9:42 AM
I was at a local FFL and I noticed he had some Stag 6.8 lowers. I asked how much and he said $125 for the lower...not including his DROS. Then he went on to mentioned that it might be hard (impossible) to get lowers by the end of the year....(I haven't kept up with the laws on lowers, as I'm not ready to build yet...but just curious)

- true or was he just trying to sell me the stag??
- also, is $125 for the stag lower a good price? I've seen them online for $89, but are usually sold out...and with taxes and shipping...is $125 good enough?

thanks for the info....

proraptor
03-07-2007, 9:43 AM
Sounds like he is just trying to pressure you into buying one

Shane916
03-07-2007, 9:44 AM
Sounds like he is just trying to pressure you into buying one

Indeed, its actually harder to ban firearms since the AG can't do it anymore

bwiese
03-07-2007, 9:50 AM
That's a bit of overdramitazation. The guy may actually believe it, though - perhaps he doesn't know about AB2728, etc.

Lowers will get a bit harder to get on a national scale unless production ramps up - I think the existence of HR1022 has in fact made people think, "what the hell - receivers are $125ish - I'll get another couple of 'em just in case."

Depending on the sturm und drang surrounding HR1022, we could see another California Stag situation repeated on a national scale.

[For those who don't know, when the CA OLL craze went full-tilt in Dec 2005, Stag's inventory of over 900 Stag-15 receivers plummeted to near zero in just about 2 weeks. Stag wasn't even shipping directly to CA - the group buys were just kicking in full swing - despite DOJ interference.]

Biff...
03-07-2007, 9:50 AM
Most dealers say the same thing. Its the old "The sky is falling" routine.

MotoGuy
03-07-2007, 9:57 AM
If HR1022 passed, could you still buy new receivers? Or would all new receivers be LEO marked, or sold as pistol receivers in other states?

PistolPete75
03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
personally, i think that dealer was trying to get you to buy lowers from unethical tactics. however, if your that concerned, just buy a few lowers and store it in your safe.

adamsreeftank
03-07-2007, 10:15 AM
The new proposed federal AW law would pretty much ban all ARs, plus just about every other interesting rifle. Personally, I wouldn't wait.

Stags are also some of the best lowers, and the price seems fair. I would get one. Actually, I would get a few.

un_ave
03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
thanks to all who responded...so his breakdown price is $125 + $50 (DROS) = $175, but I think he'll only charge one DROS fees and waive it on a second lower...I'd have to check with him, but I think that's what he was saying....

if that's the case....then 2 Stags with DROS for $300 doesn't seem bad at all....

KenpoProfessor
03-07-2007, 10:54 AM
thanks to all who responded...so his breakdown price is $125 + $50 (DROS) = $175, but I think he'll only charge one DROS fees and waive it on a second lower...I'd have to check with him, but I think that's what he was saying....

if that's the case....then 2 Stags with DROS for $300 doesn't seem bad at all....

If he should attempt to charge for 2 DROS's I'd go someplace else. You an put as many longguns on a DROS as you like. One DROS, one price, + 2 lowers and tax.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

SemiAutoSam
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I spoke to the FFL that is selling these Lower Receivers to me for the Limited Group buy and he told a tale of how Calif DOJ is stating how the mag must be welded in.

Sounds like Doj intimidation to me.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=51246

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/Multi20Purpose20Lower.jpg

tenpercentfirearms
03-07-2007, 11:05 AM
It depends on how you look at it. If HR1022 passes, then yes, they might not be available.

As was stated because of HR1022, everyone is out in a rush to buy guns before they get banned. This increase in demand decreases supply and so either way you look at it, lowers are getting harder to find.

$125 for a Stag lower is very reasonable.