PDA

View Full Version : Last minute FFL in San Luis Obispo help!

Buddydog
03-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Hey folks, I just ordered a Stag lower from Chris in Utah. My local gun store is asking $65.00 to fax thier FFL. Does that seem reasonable? If not, anyone local willing to help me out at a lower cost? Thanks for the help!

Shane916
03-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey folks, I just ordered a Stag lower from Chris in Utah. My local gun store is asking $65.00 to fax thier FFL. Does that seem reasonable? If not, anyone local willing to help me out at a lower cost? Thanks for the help!

To just fax?! or to complete the transfer including the DROS?

Geoffkoop
03-07-2007, 11:19 AM

That is a good price if it includes the whole process (transfer and Dros). I paid $70

AJAX22
03-07-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't know if they are any cheaper but the only FFL I know of in the area that will touch OLL's is Uncle Mikes Outfitters in Attascadero.

http://www.uncle-eds.net/contact.html

nice guys

Buddydog
03-07-2007, 12:58 PM
I went with Uncle Ed's. I've been in there several times but hadn't thought to ask.

Appreciate the quick help,

Bud

Vigilante
03-07-2007, 4:00 PM
My local gun store is asking $65.00 to fax thier FFL.
Which gun store was this?

And what did Uncle Ed's charge you?

AJAX22
03-07-2007, 4:34 PM
Now my buddy won't be the only guy in SLO with an OLL, he's gonna be disapointed. ;)

Comstock Lode
03-07-2007, 5:14 PM
I just paid $75 for the transfer and the DROS... Please PM me with the dealer name if the $65 includes the DROS.

|-007-|
03-07-2007, 5:38 PM
Two stores in Sacramento charged $100 for the whole thing. Use gunbroker.com to find FFL's in your area and call 'em up.

Skyjockey
03-07-2007, 6:59 PM
Two stores in Sacramento charged $100 for the whole thing. Use gunbroker.com to find FFL's in your area and call 'em up.

Agreed! Also waiting on my Stag lower from Chris. There are actually quite a few hardchargers in SLO that own OLLs.

BTW..Thanks for all the help, 007!

wutzu
03-07-2007, 9:12 PM
I've had two since feb '06, but I had to drive out to TPF in Taft. Which dealer did you go through? Rangemaster and Four Seasons have both told me at various times that they won't do OLL transfers, but that might have changed in the last 6 months.

|-007-|
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Agreed! Also waiting on my Stag lower from Chris. There are actually quite a few hardchargers in SLO that own OLLs.

BTW..Thanks for all the help, 007!

No problem dude. See you at SLOSA?

I've had two since feb '06, but I had to drive out to TPF in Taft. Which dealer did you go through? Rangemaster and Four Seasons have both told me at various times that they won't do OLL transfers, but that might have changed in the last 6 months.

Don't look only at stores. Use gunbroker.com's FFL search, I'm sure you'll find some results in Santa Maria.

SikDMAX
12-21-2009, 8:34 PM
Lets bump this up a bit.... any updates here?

Anyone know of transfer fees or OLL status of

Rangemaster in SLO
Four Seasons in SLO
Uncle Eds in Atascadero
Atascadero Arms in Atascadero

Any Im missing? Looking for the best around for a PPT xfer. Usually use Rangemaster but open to ideas.

OffGrid
12-22-2009, 8:38 AM
I am a little north in Paso but I just did 3 receivers over the last few months with Shoot The Moon in Paso (wish I would have done them all at onces and saved some DROs). I also have an AK receiver coming in to Atascadero Arms. They are both very willing and charge $70. OTD for the receiver transfers.

Looks like there is more of us around here than I thought. Maybe we should put together a central coast shoot.

sonico
12-22-2009, 9:33 AM
I ordered and DROSed my stag model 2 at Atascadero Arms, took damn near forever but it wasn't their fault. Their DROS fee seems on par for the area, gun prices are a tad high but Wendy and Mike are great to deal with.

IEShooter
12-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Just got to gunbroker.com and do a search on your zip code. They'll show you every FFL in the area who will do it and they even list their fees.

Pretty handy.

Regards,

John